LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ?
Apr 8, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #436 of 1,050
One thing I love about the newest Poweramp Alpha is being able to adjust the number of volume levels on the V10. Technically the V10 has 75 volume steps with the hifi DAC out of the box, which is good, but the physical volume buttons only move it in increments of 5, so it's really only 15 steps unless you turn on the screen and move the slider. But now Poweramp lets you set the number of volume levels up to 100, and each increment works with the volume buttons! No need to turn on the screen! This sounds small but it solves one of my only big annoyances with the phone. 

Poweramp sounds great too, and the sound is very adjustable if you're a tinkerer 

Cool

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #438 of 1,050
Don't see it on the playstore. Where do I get it?

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8656-poweramp-alpha-build-702/

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #440 of 1,050
Recommend enabling the SoX resampler and turning on Hi-Res output for the wired headset (just be sure to touch on the settings next to Wired Headset/AUX and check "No Headroom Gain").

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #443 of 1,050
It can also be found on eBay too.....and for this price ? I guess, give it a bit more, and you can find a much better standalone DAC/amp

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-G5-Friends-Hi-Fi-Plus-B-O-PLAY-32bit-DAC-AMP-w-Bang-Olufsen-Sound-/291732427531?hash=item43ec9b930b:g:7TcAAOSw0QFXB4Z8

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #444 of 1,050
Seems like this is two different versions my link is AD-1200 (European version like the one you see on Clevo or Amazon Germany), while the one on ebay is Korean AD-1210. Also the price on the first link is Canadian dollars, so if you convert it to USD it's about 180$

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #445 of 1,050
Hey guys. I'm here to deliver some extremely sad news. While reading Android Authority (fairly reliable source) I noticed this part about his review of B&O dac:

So in short womp womp womp. Oh well there is always gigantic V10 I guess, or maybe International version of G5 or HTC10 or magical Chinese unicorn >< 

Android authority didn't get this 100% correct.

yeah, the new LG Tone Platinum will.  Sony H.ear On support LDAC, not sure about aptx HD

I had the original LG Tone headphones. They weren't anything special so I'm not over optimistic with the new ones. Really looking for over ear type. I'll probably try the LG ones though.

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #447 of 1,050
The standard dac sounds pretty good, up there with the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus I have. And it's pretty loud more then enough for me, I am using the b&o h3 iem's that came with it. I will write a full review when my hifi plus module arrives. Should be Tuesday, should have a detailed review up within a week.

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #448 of 1,050
The standard dac sounds pretty good, up there with the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus I have. And it's pretty loud more then enough for me, I am using the b&o h3 iem's that came with it. I will write a full review when my hifi plus module arrives. Should be Tuesday, should have a detailed review up within a week.

Then why don't people just buy S6 edge plus ? Why G5 and module instead ? :D...hmmm. Thanks for the impression though

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #449 of 1,050
i might be going deaf, but i could barely hear the lg5 through the headphone out. according to this:
(http://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-G5_id9819/benchmarks)
the s7 had headphone output of .707v (which i believe is slightly better than the s6 and the note 5); the g5's was .29, which is terrible. by  way of contrast the iphone 6s is .986 and i believe my htcm8 is 1.28. other than trying to sell the dac module, i just don't get lg's strategy here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back