LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread
Oct 13, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #361 of 478
  There are no drawbacks to using Equalizer APO that I'm aware of, besides it taxing a tiny bit of your CPU, which is most likely negligible. It should be much better than any physical EQ, as it gives you full graphical control.

Equalizer APO is so powerful, infact, that I think you can make almost any pair of headphones sound like any other pair of headphones, provided there are no extreme peaks or valleys.

Now I know why people do not like APO. It is the UI. Peace UI is not bad, but meh.

It seems bass is not the real problem. The headphone badly needs 1K and 4K zones to be toned down. Is it the fault of the particular piece?

Edit: It has been a few days and I already hate Equalizer APO. Aside from the UI issues, it simply won't stick. If I plug the DAC in a different USB port, I need to reconfig and reboot. If Windows gets an update, I need to reconfig and reboot (I am on Fast Ring, so updates are frequent). And for some reason my streaming service really hates APO. With APO configured, sometimes the player will deny to play any song until I reboot. I am gonna replace that **** with a hardware EQ as soon as I can.

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #362 of 478
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Genuine-Premium-Earphone-LG-LE631-QuadBeat-3-Earbuds-Tuned-by-AKG-For-LG-V10-/262633991361?hash=item3d2634acc1:g:xpoAAOSwOdpX0DOl
​Has anyone bought from this seller before? Any feedback on whether this is genuine?

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #363 of 478
I don't remember seeing a fake QB3AKG around before but the price at $17.99 is really the lowest I've ever seen for a QB3AKG. Are you willing to take the risk hoshiyomi 
wink.gif

Oct 24, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #365 of 478

I don't remember seeing a fake QB3AKG around before but the price at $17.99 is really the lowest I've ever seen for a QB3AKG. Are you willing to take the risk hoshiyomi 
wink.gif

they seem honest in calling it le631 as opposed to hss-f631, so perhaps.

I just ordered the HSS-F631 from an Ali seller for $15. This reassured me - 
"100% Original product,Pls purchase not worry."  
tongue_smile.gif

For the last few weeks I've been using the LE-630 - and am blown away. It has surprisingly good resolution. In one of my favorite vocal tracks I was able to hear the vocal overdub - two different singers - and could distinctly hear both voices. I use these when walking around outside, when only an IEM (or headphone ) will do, and when Android controls needed. Sound source is LG V10. The Android controls come in handy, and like the rear buttons on the LG V10 and LG G4, are beautifully designed. You need to be familiar with these phones to understand. The sound of the 630 is V shaped. The highs are very crisp and penetrating, and the mids are strong, bass and sub bass adequate. I like the 630 much more than the Piston 2, 3 and Hybrid.

Looking forward to the F631 but it won't arrive for another few weeks. A more neutral sound is better for indoor/quiet listening.
A few notes:

-They should have included a clip. I borrowed a clip from Piston 2 because the cable makes way too much noise without.
-The tips are shallow in the ear. Good for me because I've pretty much given up on IEM's and prefer earbuds whenever possible. But this reduces sound isolation. 

I'm glad I found this thread. Wish I saw it sooner. So much resolution for such a low price!

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #366 of 478
The different version numbers indicate as to whether it is retail packaging or a little cardboard box that would sit in the cellphone box, nothing more :)

Oct 25, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #367 of 478
The different version numbers indicate as to whether it is retail packaging or a little cardboard box that would sit in the cellphone box, nothing more
smily_headphones1.gif

? Many have mentioned that the 631 'Tuned by AKG" is neutral sounding and the 630 more v shaped sound. Also the controls are different. The 630 has (from top to bottom): +, -, button. The 631 is like Piston: +, button, -.

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #368 of 478
Bought both the standard version and the AKG tuned this morning. The stock one is from a retailer and the AKG is off aliexpress..Seems legit and i didn't buy from the cheapest seller so i hope it's not a fake that turns up in a month or so :)

Oct 27, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #370 of 478
  Bought both the standard version and the AKG tuned this morning. The stock one is from a retailer and the AKG is off aliexpress..Seems legit and i didn't buy from the cheapest seller so i hope it's not a fake that turns up in a month or so :)

If it's counterfeit the Ali warranty is actually pretty good. When I get my AKG version I'll post some very high res photos. 

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #372 of 478
if it was...I would be worried for other reasons
smily_headphones1.gif

Please don't get me wrong.....I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Exynos version with Cirrus Logic DAC) and have no problems whatsoever except for the lower output but then I'm using the very efficient Dynamic Motion DM200H so the low output isn't much of an issue because the output is sufficient for lower impedance IEMs unless I want to go deaf 
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #373 of 478
Please don't get me wrong.....I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Exynos version with Cirrus Logic DAC) and have no problems whatsoever except for the lower output but then I'm using the very efficient Dynamic Motion DM200H so the low output isn't much of an issue because the output is sufficient for lower impedance IEMs unless I want to go deaf :wink:

I was thinking more in line with the note 7 bursting into flames :) testing the quad beats with my phone right now ( Nexus 6P ) so a phone is powerful enough for most people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back