LUMIN - The Audiophile Network Music Player
Nov 28, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #406 of 438
Hi; just received the Lumin U2. It is connected through SFP and coax. When listening Qobuz/Tidal i do hear from to time at the start of music change a loud click/pop. Is there a way to avoid this behavor?
This is not something normally found with LUMIN. In case it's a known compatibility issue with your DAC, I would email info@luminmusic.com for some more help.
Let them know your resampling settings, DAC model, connection method and some tracks where you can repeat the sound.
If it's whenever the sample rate of the music changes (i.e. going from redbook to high-res), then one solution might be to use LUMIN to upsample everything to the same rate so that the DAC doesn't have to change anything. But the support team will know a lot more than me.

Just so people know - I'm separate from the main Hong Kong team and based in the UK which is why I'm often not completely in the loop when it comes to support issues.

Nov 28, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #407 of 438
This is not something normally found with LUMIN. In case it's a known compatibility issue with your DAC, I would email info@luminmusic.com for some more help.
Let them know your resampling settings, DAC model, connection method and some tracks where you can repeat the sound.
If it's whenever the sample rate of the music changes (i.e. going from redbook to high-res), then one solution might be to use LUMIN to upsample everything to the same rate so that the DAC doesn't have to change anything. But the support team will know a lot more than me.

Just so people know - I'm separate from the main Hong Kong team and based in the UK which is why I'm often not completely in the loop when it comes to support issues.
You are right and fast!! You found the reason why it happend (tested right now..). When in Tidal, playing high quality song, all ok. When i do select the MAX quality title between the high quality songs then the pop do happen every time; congrats for finding the reason.

Now the question is how to solve it. I do have chord mscaler and dave in chain. So upscaling in Lumin would be a solution, but @Rob Watts did write in a thread, that there should not be any upscaling done before mscaler, otherwise the SQ will decrease..

Nov 28, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #408 of 438
You are right and fast!! You found the reason why it happend (tested right now..). When in Tidal, playing high quality song, all ok. When i do select the MAX quality title between the high quality songs then the pop do happen every time; congrats for finding the reason.

Now the question is how to solve it. I do have chord mscaler and dave in chain. So upscaling in Lumin would be a solution, but @Rob Watts did write in a thread, that there should not be any upscaling done before mscaler, otherwise the SQ will decrease..
what sfp are you using? switch, adapter, cable

Nov 28, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #412 of 438
Chord Dave is a common DAC for partnering with LUMIN, so I would be surprised if the support team hadn't already got some information to help. It can take a couple of days to get back to everyone, but now that you've got a little more info, that should help. It might also be worth asking Chord.
BTW - have you tried USB?

Nov 28, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #413 of 438
Chord Dave is a common DAC for partnering with LUMIN, so I would be surprised if the support team hadn't already got some information to help. It can take a couple of days to get back to everyone, but now that you've got a little more info, that should help. It might also be worth asking Chord.
BTW - have you tried USB?
i did mail to info@luminmusic.com and did receive a fast answer. peter is proposing to take usb. for me this also quit difficult, because right now i can use just one arm and so i cant change the config.

Nov 28, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #415 of 438
Every once in awhile I hear a pop sound coming from one channel. I use the internal DAC of the T3. I haven't noticed if it was during changing of sampling rates.

Jan 3, 2024 at 7:04 PM Post #417 of 438
Have any of you directly compared the U2 to the Rose RS130? Very similar in terms of features and price. I have no direct access to either, so would like some owner feedback please.

Jan 4, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #418 of 438
Have any of you directly compared the U2 to the Rose RS130? Very similar in terms of features and price. I have no direct access to either, so would like some owner feedback please.
@George Hincapie as far as RS130 is concerned I'd take a look at this post first: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/totl-disappointments.925164/page-61#post-17899729

Have no first person experience with any of Rose products. As for Lumin I still love my U1 Mini, while it seems that other streamer vendors applications are catching up or are even a bit better. Hope that helps.

Jan 4, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #419 of 438

Users who are viewing this thread

Back