LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Nov 12, 2019 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 687

thejoker13

500+ Head-Fier
I'm sure that most are familiar with the LZ (Lao Zhong) brand by now. They have produced several highly regarded iem's, such as the A4 and Big Dipper, but may have just made the biggest price to performance champion in all of the portable audio landscape in the A6. Let's discuss them!!

The LZ A6 is a 6 driver tri-brid, with a dynamic driver for the lows, and quad BA's for the mids, and with a piezoelectric driver for the treble. They also have an impedance button, called a loud button, as well as 9 filters to change their sound signature.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 687
Do you have the A6 mini for comparison? I have ordered it and its on the way

Nov 12, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #3 of 687
1107192254c.jpg 1107192256.jpg
Here's my pair of A6's, paired with an Electro accousti cable and with Final Audio type E tips.

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #7 of 687
I am concerned about the isolation and the fit. I have heard they are below average in both regards. Can anything be done regarding the isolation? I don’t need etymotic levels but I want at least average levels.

As for the current price to performance ratio wouldn’t the audiosense t800 be neck and neck?

would be interested to know if anyone could compare these lz a6 to either the andromeda or Flc8s for me.

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #8 of 687
...I'm in! :sunglasses::thumbsup:

The LZ A6mini is a 2-way driver hybrid per-side, with a dynamic driver for the lows and MID's, and a piezoelectric driver for the treble.

These are the "mini-me" of the A6 flagship reigning kings!

-Clear :beerchug:
Welcome to the club Clear, lol! I should definitely edit the title of this thread so that it's an A6/A6 mini discussion thread. I need to order those little buggers and compare the father and son duo.

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #10 of 687
I am concerned about the isolation and the fit. I have heard they are below average in both regards. Can anything be done regarding the isolation? I don’t need etymotic levels but I want at least average levels.

As for the current price to performance ratio wouldn’t the audiosense t800 be neck and neck?

would be interested to know if anyone could compare these lz a6 to either the andromeda or Flc8s for me.
I know that fit will vary from ear to ear, but for me they fit perfectly and isolate very, very well. I use Final Audio type E tips and get excellent isolation. The included tips are very soft and flimsy and are very difficult to get a good seal. I really believe that's why there are some reports of poor isolation and some sibilance. I get neither of those issues, just by using different tips.
I also have owned the flc8s previously, and now own the flc8n and there's not much of a comparison in my opinion. The A6 just plays on another level in technicalities and tonality.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #11 of 687
When did the lz a6 and a6 mini come out? I thought they were a bit older. Or did I finally catch the wave earlier this time?
They have been out a bit, but weren't discussed very much until recently, whenever some members here got them and began to talk more about them. So far, they are a somewhat undiscovered gem.

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #12 of 687

Also, the price to performance will always end up being a personal preference deal. If someone hates a certain signature, it won't matter to them if it cost 10 bucks for 100 bucks, they still wouldn't want to use it. For instance, I know alot of people are in love with the T800, but I just couldn't get into them in the very short time I got to audition them (less than 20 minutes). So for me, their 300 asking price isn't the greatest deal, because I found the bass to be too much and somewhat bloated, for my preference.

Nov 13, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #13 of 687
Hey joker, thanks for creating this thread! I recall seeing you in the Fearless tour thread, and was wondering if you had a chance to compare the S8 Freedom to the A6?

Nov 13, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #14 of 687
Since i have the LZ A4 too, when the A6 mini is here, I shall try with the other filters as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back