LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Apr 16, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #648 of 687
The idea was to use the nozzle without any mesh, no? Using without a mesh is what caused the highs to go crazy.
I meant the stock mesh, or the silk, more precisely. Put the silk at the other end of the nozzle. The entrance doesn't matter to much if it's open or not. You could use a custom mesh at the entrance if you want, but it's more to avoid dust do get in. But the silk must be well sealed at the other side, or it will get harsh.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #649 of 687
I meant the stock mesh, or the silk, more precisely. Put the silk at the other end of the nozzle. The entrance doesn't matter to much if it's open or not. You could use a custom mesh at the entrance if you want, but it's more to avoid dust do get in. But the silk must be well sealed at the other side, or it will get harsh.
Oh i did try that too, but that killed the soundstage for me, and added some veil to the mids. And without any mesh / silk at all the highs went crazy.

I am still using the ISN H40 mesh in the pink nozzle and so far so good, not a single issue. And the sound signature remains almost exactly the same as stock.

Apr 17, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #650 of 687
Oh i did try that too, but that killed the soundstage for me, and added some veil to the mids. And without any mesh / silk at all the highs went crazy.

I am still using the ISN H40 mesh in the pink nozzle and so far so good, not a single issue. And the sound signature remains almost exactly the same as stock.
The foam mod still is the best bet. I have used the light blue (the most trebly) filter with foam inside. Sublime sound.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #653 of 687
Do you push it all the way until the foam touches the mesh from the inside? Would cotton work too?
It depends on preference. This might help:
Ehmmm... I don't really measure them meticulously, I just try to cut them more less the same size and keep in mind two things when I put them into the nozzle:
1. Foam showing up at the entrance of the nozzle.
2. Foam pushed all the way touching the top of the nozzle.
My preffered one is the "pushed all the way in" one since I'm all about technicalities.
Here again, some of my weird drawing with explanations:
1: 1601677922498.png
2: 1601678223646.png

Nov 10, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #654 of 687
LZ A6 is excellent with A&K SR15 Norma. How about a higher model? Where is the bottleneck? Kann or Futura?

Feb 17, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #655 of 687
. A7 doesn't seem to be so unique like the A6. I think it will be very hard to find an upgrade for the LZ A6
I completely agree.
I own LZ A6 for almost 3 years, and couldn't find any replacement. I bought LZ A7, but the upper-mid frequencies and airiness of the A6 cannot be compared.
Yes, at some points the A7 is very interesting, but it dont have that beauty of the upper-mid frequencies, that airiness that is in the A6.

Attachments

• photo_2022-02-17_15-31-18.jpg
    photo_2022-02-17_15-31-18.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 0
Feb 17, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #656 of 687
I completely agree.
I own LZ A6 for almost 3 years, and couldn't find any replacement. I bought LZ A7, but the upper-mid frequencies and airiness of the A6 cannot be compared.
Yes, at some points the A7 is very interesting, but it dont have that beauty of the upper-mid frequencies, that airiness that is in the A6.
The A6 are very addictive...I would never depart from them! :yum:

-Clear

Feb 17, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #657 of 687
I completely agree.
I have the A6 and isn't it a bit unnatural sounding?

Feb 17, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #658 of 687
isn't it a bit unnatural sounding?
Yes, maybe it is a bit unnatural. But i like it clarity and this detailed sound very much:)
Just like many people love powerful bass.
I think the A7 play more natural in the mids, but lack airiness and openness in the upper mids.
A7 don't play sounds, that I hear in A6 on instrumental music. It's like it's not on the record at all.

Feb 17, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #659 of 687
Yes, maybe it is a bit unnatural. But i like it clarity and this detailed sound very much:)
Just like many people love powerful bass.
I think the A7 play more natural in the mids, but lack airiness and openness in the upper mids.
A7 don't play sounds, that I hear in A6 on instrumental music. It's like it's not on the record at all.
Think I should revisit the A6. Which nozzle do you use and with which tips?
I didn't get the A7 for the same reasons even the discount was huge.

Feb 17, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #660 of 687
Which nozzle do you use and with which tips?
I like blue nozzle. It sound the most open and airy.
As for tips, everything is very individual. I have tried many of them for 3 years. I used AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC For TWS for a year, its good. And fix it well in the
ear. But myfavorite is Ultimate Ears 900s's tips , its a very soft and hold well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back