Meze EMPYREAN II
Feb 21, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #511 of 608
Which cable you guys decide for your empy 2? Any sound impression between the SPC and Copper?

Feb 21, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #512 of 608
The vocals still awesome presented. The bass is kicking really nice, beside its not my taste of music. But overall clean representation. If you want to have the bass kicking you out of your socks, let me tell you, the Empy II doesn't, instead it let you grove :wink:
Im secretly trying to turn some of y'all onto Juice :gs1000smile:

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:03 PM Post #513 of 608
How is the sound of the Empy II Duo (hybrid) pads on the Elite? Vs Elite hybrid pads and Angled Alcantara?
I only did a brief demo of both when I pad swapped but @GadgetryTech did some super helpful measurements and posted a link in his impressions on post #412 on the thread.

Looks like the Duo pads have similar bass to the Hybrids on the Elites and more emphasis on the mids and treble but less energy there compared to the Empy 2 with Duo pads.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240208_144502_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240208_144502_Chrome.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #514 of 608
I saw many reviewers outright dismiss the AA pads as not worth considering but am enjoying them quite a bit lately with the right gear.
They add a great sense of space, airiness and openness to the sound compared to the Duo pads, especially paired with a good ESS implementation, which itself tends to lean airy, detailed and spacious sounding (like the Fiio R9).

Plus they add a bit more punch than the Duo pads but not as much as the full leather pads from the OG Empy, (the full leather pads on the Empy 2 add some much needed presence down low so after initially coming from the Duo pads I assumed I'll settle on them, but on some tracks the amount of bass is just too much, whereas the AA pads add just enough to be enjoyable while not overdoing it).

Feb 27, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #518 of 608
^ the ear cups are cnc machined aluminium. not sure what the black coating is tho.

Feb 28, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #521 of 608
Mar 1, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #522 of 608
Hey all,

I just got my Empy 2 and am loving the sound so far! One thing that's been weird to me is the headband adjustment sliders. On my Atrium and HEKSE, there are notches on both sides that make adjusting to an even level easy. Usually after taking the Empy 2 off, I notice that I've been wearing one side higher than the other. It's not uncomfortable by any means, just annoying because I'd like things to be even lol... Is this the norm for just the Empy 2, or the Meze line? Y'all got tips for keeping the sliders more secure?

Thanks!

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #523 of 608
Hey all,

I just got my Empy 2 and am loving the sound so far! One thing that's been weird to me is the headband adjustment sliders. On my Atrium and HEKSE, there are notches on both sides that make adjusting to an even level easy. Usually after taking the Empy 2 off, I notice that I've been wearing one side higher than the other. It's not uncomfortable by any means, just annoying because I'd like things to be even lol... Is this the norm for just the Empy 2, or the Meze line? Y'all got tips for keeping the sliders more secure?

Thanks!
It's normal. Honestly, I've had headphones in the past that may have one side clicked out more then the other. It's whatever is comfortable to your head...just try not to think about it too much :beyersmile:

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #524 of 608
Hey all,

Thanks!
As your resident Scandinavian giant, it’s very easy. It’s always fully extended no matter the headphone, and sometimes not even that’s enough. That said, the Empyrean II is very comfortable even for a person with a big head, if anyone’s wondering.

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #525 of 608
As your resident Scandinavian giant, it’s very easy. It’s always fully extended no matter the headphone, and sometimes not even that’s enough. That said, the Empyrean II is very comfortable even for a person with a big head, if anyone’s wondering.
Average Scandinavian size head

1709336928394.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back