Musician Taurus R2R DAC
Apr 9, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #18 of 24
Hello everyone, I want to tell you about my first impressions of Musician taurus, Gustard r26 was not picked up, compared from memory with A26 head-on, the source was Primare prisma mk2, will go to hrzyain, will pair with aureder, sang right out of the box, sounds very cool absorbed the best from delta sigma and r2r chips, the sound is accurate (separation and positioning) the timbres are rich and natural, the bass is dense and deep, the dac gives a strong effect of engagement the sound goes in space it feels like you're listening to music with headphones, everything is so close, but my opinion: this dac will manifest itself in the top hi-fi and high-end sitemas, I am happy and do not feel defective with Gustard A26 and I am also waiting for the purchased r26 and I will warm and warm ... yes, I forgot the fuse needs to be replaced, the guys from this branch have excellent dac streamers!

This is a message from the Russian forum.

Apr 21, 2024 at 1:45 AM Post #20 of 24
Hi, has anyone else purchased the Musician Taurus and can share impressions with the group? I've also been thinking of getting one. Thanks!
This thread is not long (yet). Read it from the beginning 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Apr 21, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #21 of 24
Apr 25, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #22 of 24
, Gustard r26 was not picked up, compared from memory with A26 head-on,...

, I am happy and do not feel defective with Gustard A26 and I am also waiting for the purchased r26 and I will warm and warm ... yes, I forgot the fuse needs to be replaced, the guys from this branch have excellent dac streamers!

This is a message from the Russian forum.
It is a bit unclear if you have compared it with the A26. You now have the Taurus and you want to buy the R26 ????
Why is that ? For the network connection ?
You do not feel defective with the A26 = Does it mean that the Taurus is at the same level ?

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #23 of 24
I may be mistaken, but I have counted 600 resistors with 0.005% accuracy, hand-picked in the Taurus. For information, The new Totaldac Triunity for 24 000 euro only has 300 resistors with 0.01% accuracy.
I know it doesn't make all the sound of a R2R DAC, but from my experience (I have had 4 R2R DACs) it is an essential part of the result: The more resistors, the more accurate, the better !
So the Taurus looks pretty fine in this aspect !!

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #24 of 24
I have no experience with Gustard R26. My other DAC is Mojo Audio Mystique (pro). My prior DAC was Border Patrol SE. [Both are R2R non-oversampling. BPSE has tube rectification in power supply section.]
... what made you split with the BPSE?
(just curious)
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back