Mytek Liberty THX AAA headphone Amp Impression Thread
Mar 23, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #151 of 207
To say nothing else, Mytek has made this bed for themselves by not making more of an effort to communicate with affected customers. Audiophiles have as much empathy as anyone else when treated with respect. Luckily for me, I had this forum as a resource so that I could anticipate problems and insulate myself from risk by using a retailer with good return policies should my own example of this amp be affected as others here have reported. It was, and I returned it for a refund. Lots of manufacturers have an actual presence in HiFi forums, so many in fact that's it's quite common to see them post and answer questions in person. I've never seen any such thing from Mytek. Mytek needs to get their act together and realize that the internet accomplishes more than just advertising. They seem to have put a lemon on the market and given the diffuse nature of this hobby(very few opportunities to try gear before purchase) you can be damn sure people are going to want as much info as they can get before they spend $1500 on a product only to find out the maker supports it poorly.
Youre in good hands now. Violectric is great company who supports its customers.

Mar 24, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #152 of 207
Maybe Mytek simply don't have any units that are not defective. Maybe they need to completely redesign it and/or order a new batch with different parts. I wonder how much damage this thread is doing them - how many members does this site have?

I was told 2 months ago that the problem is faulty potentiometers and they will send me a unit with a higher quality potentiometer without the issue. Since that all my emails were ignored and multiple calls went to voicemail with Mytek never calling back.

Mar 24, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #153 of 207
I was told 2 months ago that the problem is faulty potentiometers and they will send me a unit with a higher quality potentiometer without the issue. Since that all my emails were ignored and multiple calls went to voicemail with Mytek never calling back.
Before I purchased it I exchanged an email with Michal and Damian at Mytek (no last names). They answered a question I had. After I purchased it I had a question about the warranty - no response.

Mar 24, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #154 of 207
Before I purchased it I exchanged an email with Michal and Damian at Mytek (no last names). They answered a question I had. After I purchased it I had a question about the warranty - no response.

Same thing here. I spoke to both previously. Now their phone number goes to voicemail immediately and then it either says that the voicemail box is full or they just don't call back if you are lucky enough to leave a message.

May 8, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #156 of 207
If you want to go up a grade in volume and clarity from the Mytek then check out the Benchmark AHB2 Power Amplifier. But you will again need a HifiMan HE-Adapter and a volume control on your DAC.
This is regarding the Susvara: is this a fact you get more clarity (and you also wrote elsewhere more bass) with the Benchmark AHB2 Power Amplifier than with the Mytek discussed here? Did you actually do the comparison yourself with the Susvara?

Also, are there instructions anywhere on how to modify a power amp for speakers to use HP? Where do I get the HiFiMan HE-adapter? I'm not adventurous - anyone sells a modified power amp?

Thanks,

Simonel

May 8, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #157 of 207

they're too busy rubbing your money all over their bodies to support you. good to know.

May 8, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #158 of 207
IMG_0620.jpeg

It's been a bit now since receiving this amp and....I'm done looking for another one. The V550 is something special and I'm totally satisfied with it.

May 8, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #161 of 207
May 8, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #162 of 207
Sure they do, the one in the pic is brand new.
Their website says only the v202 and V222. When you searcg the V550 you get a result not being produced anymore, though there is someone that still has stock.

Anyway, what does this table mean? Is it MORE or LESS powerful than the Mytek?

HP ImpedanceUa (dBu)Ua (V)Pa (mW)

Simonel

May 8, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #163 of 207
When you searcg the V550 you get a result not being produced anymore,
I did not get that message, just no results.
I guess there is an issue with Violectric website as the product list looks very short with no dac/amps at all

May 8, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #164 of 207
Not sure what's going on, got an email out to Arthur to see what's up. In any case, the V550 just got even more rare. I know they've had complaints with the pro version's reed volume knob. I avoided that one. I do know that the example I've got is a keeper and I couldn't be happier with the sound.

May 8, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #165 of 207
Not sure what's going on, got an email out to Arthur to see what's up. In any case, the V550 just got even more rare. I know they've had complaints with the pro version's reed volume knob. I avoided that one. I do know that the example I've got is a keeper and I couldn't be happier with the sound.
As an owner of the 380 I bet you are 100% right 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back