New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Mar 25, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #8,341 of 8,377
  How is the Roxanne original release pairing with Chord Mojo?

How musical it is? My top rating for musicality is Hifiman HE1000

There is a unit without warranty (but new). Any idea of a good bargain value for it?

As of now  I am only having full size open back HPs (HE1000, HE560, Elears, AKG K812, HE560, X2) but would like to get IEM that is very musical to compliment HE1000. I do not have to keep my other HP (other than HE1000) if I could get a similarly musical IEM for my office and mobile use

I have both the Rox Custom and HEK V2, have to say the sound signature is kinda similar, both somewhat laid back, easy to listen to. Roxanne is more mid-bass heavy which can cause it be perceived as muddy sounding at times. The HEK has more sub bass presence, for me it really has the perfect bass in all regards. 

Mar 27, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #8,342 of 8,377

I have both the Rox Custom and HEK V2, have to say the sound signature is kinda similar, both somewhat laid back, easy to listen to. Roxanne is more mid-bass heavy which can cause it be perceived as muddy sounding at times. The HEK has more sub bass presence, for me it really has the perfect bass in all regards. 

Thanks Mate. So Rox is more like LCD3?

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #8,343 of 8,377
I got Roxanne. It is certainly muddy sounding. Strangely enough per my memory AKG K3003i was better sounding- yeh it sound more reference and Roxanne easy to listen to and has a good sound stage. But K3003i had was had better resolution and mids and definitely highs were better -may be bit too bright. Twice the price I am disappointed with universal Roxanne and will allow it to burn more. I am using Chord Mojo with it now. Now sure it require more brighter source for pairing. 

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #8,344 of 8,377
  I got Roxanne. It is certainly muddy sounding. Strangely enough per my memory AKG K3003i was better sounding- yeh it sound more reference and Roxanne easy to listen to and has a good sound stage. But K3003i had was had better resolution and mids and definitely highs were better -may be bit too bright. Twice the price I am disappointed with universal Roxanne and will allow it to burn more. I am using Chord Mojo with it now. Now sure it require more brighter source for pairing. 

Just curious is this the latest performance series Roxanne you are talking about or the original universal?

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #8,345 of 8,377
Original universal

Apr 6, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #8,346 of 8,377
Can anyone recommend a cheaper cable alternative to the stock cable available on JH website (for the first version). I am not a big believer in cables. Thanks in advance.

May 30, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #8,352 of 8,377
Second time that the socket of my Roxanne custom break in piece......Soooo cheap. I'm a professional musician, so i use my Roxanne everyday, and now again its broken. I have to send it back again for a new moulding,and waiting 5 weeks... and have to pay again for moulding and shipping.
I still have my 6 years old Westone ES5 and didn't have any trouble...

Nobody is unlucky like me ?

May 30, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #8,353 of 8,377
Second time that the socket of my Roxanne custom break in piece......Soooo cheap. I'm a professional musician, so i use my Roxanne everyday, and now again its broken. I have to send it back again for a new moulding,and waiting 5 weeks... and have to pay again for moulding and shipping.
I still have my 6 years old Westone ES5 and didn't have any trouble...

Nobody is unlucky like me ?

What are you doing to your Roxanne at the time it breaks? Unscrewing the cable or anything? Where exactly is it breaking and how?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back