New Member Introductions thread
Jan 10, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #14,254 of 15,585
Whoops, I started a new thread for this separately, but just realized it belongs here. Hi all!

I'm a long-time HiFi fan, but only recently am I getting into headphone listening.

Maybe 15-20 years ago, I bought my first pair of headphones, Sony MDR-V600. They were absolutely top of the line, to my way of thinking. I like that they fold. The painted vinyl has worn off of the ear cups, so they look pretty tatty and they are creaky, too. (all plastic) When powered from my integrated amplifier, I can still adjust the EQ controls for them to sound pretty good.

Even so, I wanted to try something "nicer". I asked in the Headphones subforum at Audiokarma and someone recommended Sennheiser HD 58x for my needs. Now I have a nice open-backed headphone in the fleet.

Maybe 8 or so years ago, I was doing a decent amount of air travel, and decided to splash out for a Bose QuietComfort 35 noise-canceling Bluetooth headphone. I just love this. The noise-canceling works so well, especially for aircraft noise. I can always hear the bass properly, but it never seems overdone. Highs are not fatiguing. They came with a nice case. I fear the day the battery dies, but will probably attempt changing it myself before splashing out $300 for another NC headphone.

I've had a few good wired in-ear (IEM?) ear buds over the years. The inexpensive Panasonic & Sony I've had have been very good, and I still use them as a standby.

Now, I'm looking for a closed-back headphone with enough bass that I can hear the lows properly in classical recordings. (string bass, timpani drums, pipe organ) I'll post about that in the appropriate subforum soon.

Jan 11, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #14,256 of 15,585
Hello everyone! Great to be here. For me, I started my journey with car audio which got me familiar with all of the regular CA brands, but primarily focal. I could never afford focal as a teen, but was always entranced with the lore of focal from the scene. Fast forward a decade or so and I’m now here. Loving every second of it and debating on some Meze elites at the moment!

Jan 11, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #14,257 of 15,585
Hello! New member here. US based, New England. Long time audio fanatic but have been on hiatus for a couple decades. Used to build speakers too but family got in the way. I'm excited about this new (to me) high fidelity digital trend. Found this forum very informative. Thank you and looking forward to experiencing some quality digital music.

Jan 12, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #14,261 of 15,585
Jan 12, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #14,262 of 15,585
Hello! New member currently based in Barcelona, Spain but moving to China next month (can't wait to try some audio stuff there).

I've been reading Head-Fi forums for four years and finally decided to register and take part in the community.

I'm mostly into Hi-Res players and Amps. I currently play music with my HiBy R5 II and my Hifiman Sundaras through the 4.4 balanced connection. Also own a Sony ZX300 and my old Fiio X1. Regarding headphones and IEMs, I also have a Sony MDR 1AM2, the Campfire Audio Honeydews (for electronic music), the Fiio FH1 and the KZ ZS10 Pro X.

Nice to meet you all!

Jan 12, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #14,263 of 15,585
hello everyone I'm a somewhat long time lurker, first time poster. saw a great deal in the classifieds section and decided to get involved. I'll be attending my second canjam in New York next month! I honestly think I've been upgrading too quickly and haven't properly savored the sound journey. thankful for this community and have been helped troubleshooting a few times and finding reviews on less popular gear

Jan 12, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #14,264 of 15,585
Hi all.

Longtime music aficionado here, who recently started getting sucked into the headfi game. I'm amazed at the performance/$ of hifi gear these days, and so far I've gone this far down the rabbithole:
  • Aiyima T10 DAC/amp
  • SMSL HO200 amp
  • AKG K240 mk2 headphones
  • Monolith M1570 headphones
  • Letshouer S12 IEM
  • Fiio FH5s IEM
  • Fiio BTR7 DAC/amp for when I'm not in my "listening chair"
The only thing really missing for me at this point would be a decent set of closed cans for when other people encroach on my zone and get noisy.

Love the knowledge and content on this forum and looking forward to being a part of it.

Jan 12, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #14,265 of 15,585
Hello,

My name is Frank and I'm a Headphone Addict, or so it's starting to seem like that. Just getting into headphones and wanted to say what a great site this is. It's already helped me in my first tube amp purchase and headphone upgrade
L3000.gif
Hey guys, new to here. Not new to audio. Just wanted to say hi.
New here as well! I’m always reading these forums for insights and so I’m looking to contributing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back