New Member Introductions thread
Jan 17, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #14,281 of 15,587
Hello everyone! Another long time lurker here!
Hope to make great friends in this forum and learn even more about our hobby :)
Hello, welcome! Now for the interrogation 😉. What do you listen to? With which gear?

Jan 18, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #14,282 of 15,587
Hello, welcome! Now for the interrogation 😉. What do you listen to? With which gear?
Haha no problem!
I really enjoy listening to 80's pop!
I headphones are the hd 700, HE400se and a hd569! Now I'm trying to get my hands on a focal clear or a focal celestee :)
And nice to meet you too!

Jan 18, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #14,284 of 15,587
Hello!

My name is Brian and I've been in the audio hobby for a couple years or so. I've browsed headfi quite a bit as a guest, but finally decided to become a bit more involved in the community. I generally prefer bass-focused headphones or headphones that are colored/fun sounding.

I have tried the following headphones in past:
Audio Technica m50x
Hifiman HE4xx
Denon ah-d5000
Focal Elegia
Modhouse Argon (T50rp mkIII)
Meze 99 Neo
Audeze EL-8

What I currently own:
Beyerdynamic mmx 300
Audeze LCD 2 closed
Audioquest Nighthawk
Sony MDR1aBT

Jan 19, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #14,287 of 15,587
Hello!

My name is Brian and I've been in the audio hobby for a couple years or so. I've browsed headfi quite a bit as a guest, but finally decided to become a bit more involved in the community. I generally prefer bass-focused headphones or headphones that are colored/fun sounding.

I have tried the following headphones in past:
Audio Technica m50x
Hifiman HE4xx
Denon ah-d5000
Focal Elegia
Modhouse Argon (T50rp mkIII)
Meze 99 Neo
Audeze EL-8

What I currently own:
Beyerdynamic mmx 300
Audeze LCD 2 closed
Audioquest Nighthawk
Sony MDR1aBT
Brian,

looks like our experiences/collections overlap.

Jan 19, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #14,288 of 15,587
Hi, my name is Bart. I've been lurking around boards and groups for the most part, but lately decided to be a bit more active (I will be attending my first CanJam this March, for one!). I've been into the hobby for years, but my purchases only really picked up when it literally became one of the only hobbies I could reasonably fit to my busy employment lawyer schedule. I have no specific sound signature preference, but value all-arounders since my music tastes are all over the place.

What I own:
Headphones: HEDDphone, Focal Clear, Sash Tres 16ohm
IEMs: EA x EA Gaea, Unique Melody MEXT, Hyla CE-5, Aural Definition/INM PRO4, Moondrop Variations, 64 Audio U6, Etymotic ER2SE
DAPs: Fiio M9, iBasso DX160 (2020 ed.)
DAC/AMPs: Questyle M15, Fiio K9 Pro, JDS Element II

Jan 20, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #14,289 of 15,587
Hey Everyone,

Been in the headphone space for 5+ years and been lurking here for the whole time.
Finally decided to create an account and share some of my thoughts on some high end headphones I've had the pleasure of listening to regularly at my local audio store, especially the Diana TC, Ether 2, Atrium, Stealth, and Expanse.
Here's to some interesting audio discussions!

Jan 20, 2023 at 5:33 AM Post #14,291 of 15,587
Hello, John here, from Richmond, VA. Been lurking a while but I just joined. Love the information available here.

Jan 20, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #14,293 of 15,587
Hello to you all. I've joined the site having come to the conclusion that an established forum is the best way to make an informed decision with the help of people with expertise and first hand experience.
Basically I'm at the point in my life where I've decided to invest in some good 'quality listening equipment' but have been completely bamboozled by the reviews and choice of equipment out there. In the first instance I'm looking at acquiring the best headphone system for listening to classical music, specifically English Cathedral Choirs, Cathedral Organ music and also any baroque music, opera, sacred, concertos ect. I understand wired is a must over Bluetooth to hear and appreciate the best detail.
Looking forwards to your kind advice and suggestions. Any help/support will be very much so appreciated! Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back