NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Jul 24, 2021 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 322

voja

500+ Head-Fier
Sendy Audio just released their $1799 flagship planar-magnetic headphone. We can safely say that this is leagues above anything that the company has released in the past, and exciting, to say the least.

Looks-wise, it appears to be the best product the company has put out yet. It is almost as though they showcased what they are truly capable of producing (best materials, best design, and also their most complex driver to date).

Share your thoughts.

0f5f92c4cf6dee479174c31579320512.jpg

Jul 24, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 322
We can safely say that this is leagues above anything that the company has released in the past, and exciting, to say the least.

Why?? Because it's expensive??

It doesn't look expensive at all. Looks like a typical chi-fi product. Showy/flashy.... but to each his/her own.

Not sure why you say "it's safe to say these are leagues above..." Based on what?

It doesn't take much effort to convince the crowd on these forums. I'm just saying.

Hope you're right and I guess time will tell.

Jul 24, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #3 of 322

It doesn't look expensive at all. Looks like a typical chi-fi product. Showy/flashy.... but to each his/her own.

Not sure why you say "it's safe to say these are leagues above..." Based on what?

It doesn't take much effort to convince the crowd on these forums. I'm just saying.

Images from SIVGA (Sendy Audio is their brand) don't often show the product in its true form. From my personal experience, the product looks much better in real life, the colors on the images are pretty far from how the wood looks in real life (it looks much better in person).

The reason why I say leagues above is because of the price tag. It means that the company released a product that is in a much different market than its previous products. The Peacock is 3x more expensive than the Aiva, which was company's previous flagship.

Oh, trust me, it doesn't.

However, higher priced headphones do have a different audience. Usually, the people buying high-end (expensive) headphones have high-end sources. Now, if you believe a high-end source benefits the headphone, you might understand where I am going. You might not be getting the best experience if you pair your headphones with a cheaper source. However, if you price your headphones accordingly, you will only appeal the product to a set audience who will be using the headphone in its full potential. Usually, people with a high-end system won't bother looking at cheaper stuff — that's the industry, that's the business.

Like I always say, the audio industry is an industry. It's a business after all.

I am also waiting to see how these sound. As you said, time will tell. The consumers are the ones that will determine whether the product's price point meets the standards present for that particular price point.

Jul 27, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #4 of 322

With you on this. Nonsensical, baseless post.

Jul 27, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #5 of 322
Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #6 of 322
I'm confused.
I'll help you out. They're saying your comment that this headphone is leagues above all others, based solely on the price tag (since no one has heard it), doesn't make any sense. How a headphone sounds is what matters, not how much it costs.
There are plenty of expensive headphones that absolutely suck (looking at you Ultrasone Edition it doesn't phuckking matter because they all sound like hot garbage).
And there are bargain-priced headphones that shame much pricier headphones (hd600/650/6xx, Sundara).

how they sound > cost

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #7 of 322
I wanted to see the price of the AIVA. But their Aliexpress link starts with 192.168. Using TLS might also be an idea for their website.

Edit: Don't know, but isn't it a bit risky for Sivga not to use https on both websites? Also the small logo is blurred. And for Sendy they don't use a favicon. Well, I should forget about it, because I don't have enough money anyway. Edit: Favicon appeared.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #8 of 322
I'll help you out. They're saying your comment that this headphone is leagues above all others, based solely on the price tag (since no one has heard it), doesn't make any sense. How a headphone sounds is what matters, not how much it costs.
There are plenty of expensive headphones that absolutely suck (looking at you Ultrasone Edition it doesn't phuckking matter because they all sound like hot garbage).
And there are bargain-priced headphones that shame much pricier headphones (hd600/650/6xx, Sundara).
Interesting, to say the least.

Do not twist my words, because I never said "this headphone is leagues above all others". Here is a direct quote of what I said:
We can safely say that this is leagues above anything that the company has released in the past, and exciting, to say the least.
I bolded the part that you missed out on. So, if I was to say that Sennheiser's HE-1 is leagues above anything the company released in the past, would I be wrong? Would that sentence imply that the HE-1 is the best solely on the price tag? No. Therefore, you cannot say what you said against me. Never did I compare it in any way to any other headphone on the market.

What I said is that the Peacock is leagues above anything Sivga has put out in the past. In the very next sentence I explained that looks-wise it appears to be the company's best headphones (in other words, the company showed their best work/capabilities). I think it is pretty reasonable to say that a headphone 3x more expensive than company's previous headphones is something that can be called "leagues above" and "exciting".

How a headphone sounds is what matters. I strongly stand behind this with you. Never was I carried away by a product's price point.

You know, it's interesting. I can assure you that if you said MQA was trash and pointless before GoldenSound's video, you would be attacked and discriminated. You would probably receive the classic "based on what?" comment. After GoldenSound's video, the same people that loved MQA and MQA-supported products are the ones that are "protesting" now and saying it's trash. That's the irony in this community. Follow the train.

Why do I bring this up? Because, let's say you disliked a highly regarded headphone, what would happen is that you would be attacked. But why is it okay to attack someone for expressing their honest opinion? What, just because it differs from the mass it's not acceptable? That's the toxic part of the audiophile community.

With this being said, it's interesting how it's okay to say this headphone is crap before anyone listened to it. I am not defending the company nor the price point by any means, but let's be reasonable here.

You know what else is ironic? That a $5,500 headphone can have the same headband that a $300 headphone has, and nobody is making a big deal out of it. HiFiMan HE-RE10 *khm* *khm*. Sure, they used leather for the RE10, but plastic? Really?

Perhaps @silent-circuit was referring to my 2nd post. In that case, please go ahead and tell me you will not be bashed for pairing an expensive headphone with a cheap source. You can't argue against the fact that if you have a negative experience with an expensive headphone and you were using it with a cheap source, you would receive the comment "that's probably because you were using a cheap source". Imagine pairing a $3k headphone with a $200 amp, it's not something acceptable in the audiophile community.

I'm not attacking either of you, I am just standing my ground against baseless accusations. But do not expect it to be okay to twist someone's words and personally attack them (not referring to you). If needed, I have no problem further clarifying my 2nd post. In short, if you price your headphone over $1k, you know damn well who the people buying it are.

There's no need to be unnecessarily rude or mean. This is just a new headphone that exceeds the price point of the company's previous product. Now, let's not trash this thread and let's wait for people to listen to them and express their experience.

=)

Jul 27, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #10 of 322
Sendy Audio just released their $1799 flagship planar-magnetic headphone. We can safely say that this is leagues above anything that the company has released in the past, and exciting, to say the least.

Looks-wise, it appears to be the best product the company has put out yet. It is almost as though they showcased what they are truly capable of producing (best materials, best design, and also their most complex driver to date).

Share your thoughts.

We can safely say this headphone looks very cheap. Let’s be generous and say the headphone costs $179 to produce. You’re looking at a 10x markup. Not absurd at all in audiophool market (seriously). Not sure why OP is getting all the hate.

I am excite to say the least!

Jul 27, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #12 of 322
Interesting, to say the least.

Do not twist my words, because I never said "this headphone is leagues above all others". Here is a direct quote of what I said:

I bolded the part that you missed out on. So, if I was to say that Sennheiser's HE-1 is leagues above anything the company released in the past, would I be wrong? Would that sentence imply that the HE-1 is the best solely on the price tag? No. Therefore, you cannot say what you said against me. Never did I compare it in any way to any other headphone on the market.

What I said is that the Peacock is leagues above anything Sivga has put out in the past. In the very next sentence I explained that looks-wise it appears to be the company's best headphones (in other words, the company showed their best work/capabilities). I think it is pretty reasonable to say that a headphone 3x more expensive than company's previous headphones is something that can be called "leagues above" and "exciting".

How a headphone sounds is what matters. I strongly stand behind this with you. Never was I carried away by a product's price point.

You know, it's interesting. I can assure you that if you said MQA was trash and pointless before GoldenSound's video, you would be attacked and discriminated. You would probably receive the classic "based on what?" comment. After GoldenSound's video, the same people that loved MQA and MQA-supported products are the ones that are "protesting" now and saying it's trash. That's the irony in this community. Follow the train.

Why do I bring this up? Because, let's say you disliked a highly regarded headphone, what would happen is that you would be attacked. But why is it okay to attack someone for expressing their honest opinion? What, just because it differs from the mass it's not acceptable? That's the toxic part of the audiophile community.

With this being said, it's interesting how it's okay to say this headphone is crap before anyone listened to it. I am not defending the company nor the price point by any means, but let's be reasonable here.

You know what else is ironic? That a $5,500 headphone can have the same headband that a $300 headphone has, and nobody is making a big deal out of it. HiFiMan HE-RE10 *khm* *khm*. Sure, they used leather for the RE10, but plastic? Really?

Perhaps @silent-circuit was referring to my 2nd post. In that case, please go ahead and tell me you will not be bashed for pairing an expensive headphone with a cheap source. You can't argue against the fact that if you have a negative experience with an expensive headphone and you were using it with a cheap source, you would receive the comment "that's probably because you were using a cheap source". Imagine pairing a $3k headphone with a $200 amp, it's not something acceptable in the audiophile community.

I'm not attacking either of you, I am just standing my ground against baseless accusations. But do not expect it to be okay to twist someone's words and personally attack them (not referring to you). If needed, I have no problem further clarifying my 2nd post. In short, if you price your headphone over $1k, you know damn well who the people buying it are.

There's no need to be unnecessarily rude or mean. This is just a new headphone that exceeds the price point of the company's previous product. Now, let's not trash this thread and let's wait for people to listen to them and express their experience.

=)
Just for the record, I didn't accuse you of anything. I was clarifying what others meant by their comments. I could care less what anyone thinks about a headphone that they've never used before. Now once someone actually gets to try it, then I'm interested. Until then, this is all just noise and no signal.

Jul 27, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #13 of 322
Just for the record, I didn't accuse you of anything. I was clarifying what others meant by their comments. I could care less what anyone thinks about a headphone that they've never used before. Now once someone actually gets to try it, then I'm interested. Until then, this is all just noise and no signal.
My bad. For some reason, I took your comment negatively and felt the need to reply in defense. I apologize for that, I didn't mean to come off aggressive, but somehow did end up doing just that in the end... I certainly went overboard.

As you say "until then, this is all just noise and no signal".

Once again, I apologize.

Jul 27, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #14 of 322

Share your thoughts.

Jeezus $1799 for a planar Sivga Phoenix?

Jul 28, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #15 of 322
Hmm regardless how they sound, from the picture the built quality is not convincing enough, hope i;m wrong though, with that kind of price, this is direct competitor of headphone like Hifiman Arya, Ether 2, Heddphone, LCD 3... can these compete with them... only time will tell

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back