NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Jul 28, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #16 of 322
That is still very pricey even though they have been experimenting driver damping for two years.

But this photo got me curious. Maybe someone is deeping in the river and reviewing it?
71ee696f05f7f2cbbca40c318b0ac845.jpg

Aug 3, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #17 of 322
I listened to SIVGA P-II and it sounded very good for its price range: ~400$.
If Peacock demonstrates similar cost / quality ratio then I am definitely interested.
I may be able to listen to them next week - will let you know if I do.

Aug 3, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #18 of 322
Aug 3, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #19 of 322
Am on the jump ordering one.
Though a bit uncertain if these cans are better suited with some bright neutral source as they're warm /musical themselves .
Wanted to pair with Shanling M8 / M30.
Can scale further using Flux FA-10 just in case but the Peacocks seem to be easy to drive anyway.
I ve read on some shop-page that recommended pairings are the likes of IFI Diablo and Burson Conducter, respectively RME ADI-2 🙄

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #20 of 322
I hope these turn out to be good….you never know. Something like this could benefit from a tour. The only way someone like myself would buy this, is if there were quite a few user impressions out there.

Aug 3, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #21 of 322
I can say I am not a fan of the cable choice. 4.4mm with adapters. I think many people who buy a headphone in this price range will be driving it from a full size system. A better choice would have been a standard 1/4 inch single ended or a balanced XLR imo.

Aug 3, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #22 of 322
I apologize @OP - I was definitely too harsh in my response.

Aug 3, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #23 of 322
No worries.
I yet got a 4-Pin-XLR to Pentacon adapter from Aliexpress because of the reason that I am coming from DAPs and all cables I have are with 4.4mm plugs.
So in my case it's fine as it is.
My Flux FA-10 does have XLR only
Let's see how that thing sounds, guess that's the more important question 😉

Aug 4, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #24 of 322
Welp, took the plunge. I like a lot what i'm hearing (and seeing, except for the cheap-looking headband) so far and there's of course still the reassuring fallback of our generous return policy regulations in case this turns out to be a dud...

Aug 4, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #25 of 322
Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #26 of 322
I might be nuts but I don't find the $1799 price offensive at all. Sure, I dislike that many headphones are so expensive these days but I think sendy/Sivga is far from the worst offender. Especially all those $4000 iem's from companies with no track record...

Sivga does have few quite succesfull products now (Aiva, Phoenix) and I think higher priced headphone is only a logical next move. Think early hifiman and how they went from $600 he5 to he6 $1200. That was way back in 2010 when totl headphones were cheaper and inflation needs to be considered as well. Same thing with Audeze in 2014 with $999 lcd-2 and $2000 lcd-3. Kennerton (Fischer Audio) moved on from rebranding taiwanese headphones to $999 Vali and $2000 Odin. ZMF and mr.speakers vent from selling $300 Fostex mods to $3000 headphones. Thats just how it goes. No need for Sivga/Sendy to get stuck making only cheaper stuff and manufacturing for other companies. Atleast they now have some previous experience unlike Timsok and Erzetech that had $2000 planars as their first headphones.

Personally I find the design bit too blingy and they could have used some different wood to differentiate Peacock from their cheaper headphones but I like how there is no apparent corner cutting and they did some stuff they did not need to do but did anyway to make things more premium. They could have left out the leather covered headband. That "peacock grille" could be just normal mesh. Yokes have holes in them which is unnecessary but seperates the design from Aiva and Phoenix. Beyerdynamic did that with yokes on their T1 and T5p before they went all in cheapo with their 3rd generation flagships. Cable sockets are protruded like Audeze does. If there is enough space inside it would have been cheaper to just drill a hole for the connectors. Cable is propably most premium looking stock cable out there.

It might be that these sound bad and are soon forgotten. Best case scenario is that these are comparable to other $2000 headphones and best many of them in build quality. I'm glad Sendy went into this direction instead of making a new $300 bluetooth headphone every two months. Wired high-end headphones are a niche segment and more variety we have the better.

Aug 4, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #27 of 322
The best case is that this is an excellent headphone at an extremely competitive price. And as always, nobody is forced to buy it or to even just give it a try.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #28 of 322
I love the Aiva..and really hoped for a great flagship from Sendy’s hands..but damn this looks really poor…and not like something I’d throw 1800$ at. The Aiva may well end up sounding like the flagship.
1628140785208.jpeg

To be fair: the Peacock looks leaps and bounds better than any of the über expensive Kennerton models…which isn’t saying a whole lot.
There’s just something inherantly foul smelling as well as insane crazy when headphones in this price range get their asses handed to them by a 350$ Hifiman Sundara🤪

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #29 of 322
Some people are indeed buying graphs instead of headphones. Although this admittedly doesn't look good as far as this concerned. However, what is this upper treble measurement even supposed to be? Hard to belive that this can be correct.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #30 of 322
I think graphs are an important tool in this hobby to grok headphones from afar. That isn’t to say that graps mean everything.
Yet when I see an 1800$ planar magnetic flagship headphone with bass roll off that starts at around 70 hz coupled together with a peaky natured high frequency response, I get extremely wary..as should most folks who know their way around a frequency response..and have seen a planar or two over great measuring rigs.
The reason why I love the Aiva is because it does midrange very convincingly - especially for a planar. Planars tend to fall off a cliff in the upper midrange, and the Aiva doesn’t do that. It is part of a very very rare club indeed. I was of course hoping for a flagship that continued this wonderful trend..yet that is not what the Peacock looks like, not at all in fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back