Niimbus Ultimate Series US4/US4+/US5/US5 Pro Headphone Amps - by Lake People
Mar 25, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #1,681 of 1,729
Now this is the content I come here for... I took four years of Latin in high school... you know, back when Declension IV was Imperator.
I had 5 years of HS Latin, but managed to completely forget these factors mentioned by @jonathan c.

Maybe it was protective forgetting ... or simply the rarity of using Latin socially.

Mar 25, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #1,682 of 1,729
I never studied latin as such but in my younger days particularly, as I don’t practice it as much nowadays, i was a bit of a cunning linguist

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #1,683 of 1,729
I had 5 years of HS Latin, but managed to completely forget these factors mentioned by @jonathan c.

Maybe it was protective forgetting** or simply the rarity of using Latin socially***
** for your sake or that of others? 🤨😜
*** bordello use: veni, vidi, veni iterum 👍

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #1,684 of 1,729
** for your sake or that of others? 🤨😜
*** bordello use: veni, vidi, veni iterum 👍
"bordello use" (headslap)

My favorite pun of a Latin translation (uttered by a classmate "on the fly"). It actually was an accurate autobiographical statement:

I came​
I saw​
I concurred​

The most use I got out of Latin was in 3 trips to Italy. It was pretty easy to eyeball translate Italian (to some degree) just based on similarity to Latin. Same with Spanish when I was Mexico. This effect applied mainly to written language; when people were speaking these languages at me @100mph, Latin wasn't much help.

And just for the record, Latin is of zero use with headphones unless listening to liturgical music of a certain vintage.

Mar 26, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #1,686 of 1,729
Which DAC would you recommend for the Niimbus US5 Pro (in terms of synergy) ?
I have a Musician Audio Aquarius on top of my list.

4000 € is my limit....
Go one further: Musician Taurus. I am using Taurus as a replacement to Mojo Audio EVO Mystique. (see my 'signature')

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #1,688 of 1,729

@jonathan c

That's quite an impressive list, mate....
The "problem" is that the Taurus is much bigger in size than the Niimbus....
I'm also limted in (Desktop)space....
Then you need Holo May. In this case, you will have no room on your desk for anything else. And you won't be distracted from listening to music. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #1,689 of 1,729
Yeah. I got a 2nd Holo May for a friend and listened for a few days. Really liked it.

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:34 AM Post #1,690 of 1,729
Then you need Holo May. In this case, you will have no room on your desk for anything else. And you won't be distracted from listening to music. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
...and just to be certain that no deskroom is left, get a Flux Lab Volot in lieu of Niimbus ☑️ 🥹

Mar 27, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #1,692 of 1,729
Order placed...

Is the Niimbus good for playing any kind of music or is this "just a (very) good classical / jazz amp" ?
I'm listening to a wide range of music...
I'm asking because I've red several times in this thread that this will be a very neutral, clean and transparent amp.

Mar 27, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #1,693 of 1,729
What's the plural of Nimbus anyway?

Niimbusses
Nimbae?
Nimbusters?
Nimbusybees?

Other than that Niimbus is a great match for the Susvara but as always it's a matter of your whole chain so take good care of how you match your components.
plural? no idea...
Screenshot_2024-03-27-21-00-48-580~2.jpeg
but maybe a superlative...

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #1,694 of 1,729
Order placed...

Is the Niimbus good for playing any kind of music or is this "just a (very) good classical / jazz amp" ?
I'm asking because I've red several times in this thread that this will be a very neutral, clean and transparent amp.
And textured!!!! 😀👌👍

Mar 27, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #1,695 of 1,729
Order placed...

You may soon find out by yourself. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back