Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Oct 27, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #857 of 921
  Seems like we are never going to see correctly sized album cover arts and track titles on the X3. It's a bit sad.

Maybe I don't use the same format but I have never had a problem with seeing tracks titles. Also, probably under 5% of my music has album art in each track so I really don't miss the fact that it used to be full size.

Maybe I am lucky with this.

1 big problem has got sorted at that is when quitting the quick menu. I think the sound has improved a little too.

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #858 of 921

Seems like we are never going to see correctly sized album cover arts and track titles on the X3. It's a bit sad.

Maybe I don't use the same format but I have never had a problem with seeing tracks titles.

So on your device, it shows the correct track name and not just the file name? At least I and Mr Trev have got this problem (and I think you do as well - check the playing screen when you play a file, it will say "[file name].[file format]" instead of "[track name]").

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #859 of 921

So on your device, it shows the correct track name and not just the file name? At least I and Mr Trev have got this problem (and I think you do as well - check the playing screen when you play a file, it will say "[file name].[file format]" instead of "[track name]").

It says the track title which in my case is pretty much always the same as the track name. The only difference is that it file name should have the track number before it. 

Yes, it is exactly the same as the track title at the base of the screen but then everything of mine is the same anyway so i don't quite get how it could be a problem.

Other tracks have a different file name to track title? I haven't coma across that before. Below the file name, it has the artist name then below that, the format. I also agree that the switch between title and file name makes no difference. I don't know what difference it would even make for me if it did work though.

Maybe you could explain to me what issue you are having. I don't really understand what this problem is. It is just the track number that I think shouldn't be there.

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #860 of 921
^^^

You are on the right path - the switch in the settings doesn't make a difference.
Let's take one song, "Against all Odds" by Phil Collins (just came into my mind) as an example: I have named the file "01 - Against all Odds.flac" and the "title" tag says "Against all Odds".
If I rename the file name and call it "helloworld.flac", the X3 would display "helloworld.flac" on the playback screen - so even if I chose the correct setting in the menu, the DAP reads the file name instead of the "title" tag.

It is no biggie, but a but sad, as this is the last firmware and I know that the problem didn't occur with some previous FW versions.

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #861 of 921

It says the track title which in my case is pretty much always the same as the track name. The only difference is that it file name should have the track number before it. 

Yes, it is exactly the same as the track title at the base of the screen but then everything of mine is the same anyway so i don't quite get how it could be a problem.

Other tracks have a different file name to track title? I haven't coma across that before. Below the file name, it has the artist name then below that, the format. I also agree that the switch between title and file name makes no difference. I don't know what difference it would even make for me if it did work though.

Maybe you could explain to me what issue you are having. I don't really understand what this problem is. It is just the track number that I think shouldn't be there.

In my case, my files are usually named trk#-songtitle.ext (01-Remember Me This Way.flac)

With the x3 set to title, it still shows 01-Remember Me This Way. The only thing it drops is the file extension (and of course my id3 tags don't include the track# in the title)

Still the biggest problem for me is they haven't fixed the m4a genre. This has been a problem since day 1, and makes the genre play of the database essentially useless when half of my metal is being classified as new age 
blink.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #863 of 921
^^^

You are on the right path - the switch in the settings doesn't make a difference.
Let's take one song, "Against all Odds" by Phil Collins (just came into my mind) as an example: I have named the file "01 - Against all Odds.flac" and the "title" tag says "Against all Odds".
If I rename the file name and call it "helloworld.flac", the X3 would display "helloworld.flac" on the playback screen - so even if I chose the correct setting in the menu, the DAP reads the file name instead of the "title" tag.

It is no biggie, but a but sad, as this is the last firmware and I know that the problem didn't occur with some previous FW versions.

Well I happen to be listening to Steve Hackett on my X3. Another member of Genesis
biggrin.gif

I have one of his latest albums as 24bit flacks. Above the artist name it the title 01 Lock Lomond

The file name is 01 Lock Lomond.flac.
I never see the . and the format in the name above the artists.

As I am typing, I am in the middle of renaming this track to 01 test.flac

Now, as you said, the top and the bottom are both the same. I just don't get this .flac like you do. However, if I go to the quick menu and info about the track, the title is Loch Lomond and the file name is 01 test.

I understand the issue a bit better now.

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #865 of 921
^^^

Well I happen to be listening to Steve Hackett on my X3. Another member of Genesis:D
I have one of his latest albums as 24bit flacks. Above the artist name it the title 01 Lock Lomond

The file name is 01 Lock Lomond.flac.
I never see the . and the format in the name above the artists.

As I am typing, I am in the middle of renaming this track to 01 test.flac

Now, as you said, the top and the bottom are both the same. I just don't get this .flac like you do. However, if I go to the quick menu and info about the track, the title is Loch Lomond and the file name is 01 test.

I understand the issue a bit better now.

Whoops, turned out that the file extension (.flac) isn't shown, just the file name (haven't used the X3 for quite a while as it is my DAP for travelling only, more or less).

Though, it is a bit sad to see this bug still being around, as they said they were going to fix it (iIrc).

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #866 of 921
Guys, there will be an official announcement in the coming days, but yes, the firmware you guys are seeing is supposed to be the grand send-off. :xf_eek:

You can get it from dropbox here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9a39nmk9g7mb5b7/X3%20FW3.4.zip?dl=0

Is this one here the final then?

The file size is different to the one before.

I edited the changelog in the zip file a bit but the .fw file in any version of the zip file labelled 3.4 is the same :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 27, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #867 of 921
FYI the bug that keeps songs from being seen in artists view is still there. Having one letter capitalized/not capitalized (The Fall/The fall, Archers of Loaf/Archers Of Loaf etc...) can cause some songs to not appear. 

Oct 30, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #868 of 921
Hi everyone! (at first i must say i'm from Poland, sorry for language mistakes)
Check this: I wrote to Fiio support cause to problem with registering on their forum. Occasionaly i asked them about adding binaural function to firmware.  I asked also about posibility of adding open sourced DSP's to players software.
They answered me, that my question was forwaded to engineers, and they will consider it seriously.
So, there is possibility we might have another gift from Fiio. Maybe for this X-mas? I wish so :)

Oct 30, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #869 of 921
I think that Fiio have worked very closely with their customers in the development of the X series and that simple fact has kind of 'hooked' me into their system in a way. Along the way, I've quietly built up a collection of X1, X3, X5, E12 and E12a along with their recent earbuds.

I can't help myself. Their gear is really good value for money.

A year ago, I hadn't even considered Fiio gear for serious listening!!

Oct 30, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #870 of 921
  Hi everyone! (at first i must say i'm from Poland, sorry for language mistakes)
Check this: I wrote to Fiio support cause to problem with registering on their forum. Occasionaly i asked them about adding binaural function to firmware.  I asked also about posibility of adding open sourced DSP's to players software.
They answered me, that my question was forwaded to engineers, and they will consider it seriously.
So, there is possibility we might have another gift from Fiio. Maybe for this X-mas? I wish so :)

I don't really think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back