Research Triangle (Raleigh, Durham & Chapel Hill), NC Fall Schiit Meetup

Will you attend a NC Triangle Schiitmeet (hopefully with @Jason)

• Total voters
Apr 24, 2023 at 11:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 106

golfbravobravo

Headphoneus Supremus
We have batted around some thoughts for a Triangle meetup and it looks like September or October on a Saturday best fits the bill.

If you have a preference for DATES please state it in the thread and I'll try and collate them.

If you know of a location that would work, I'd welcome ideas.

Finally, I need help (that's been known for decades.....) so volunteers please declare yourself!

Cheers

Graham

Apr 24, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #2 of 106
We have batted around some thoughts for a Triangle meetup and it looks like September or October on a Saturday best fits the bill.

If you have a preference for DATES please state it in the thread and I'll try and collate them.

If you know of a location that would work, I'd welcome ideas.

Finally, I need help (that's been known for decades.....) so volunteers please declare yourself!

Cheers

Graham
September is a tough month, I am already booked for the last two weekends of the month. Open in October though.

Apr 24, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #3 of 106
Don’t know how my schedule is going to look in September or October. But I’ll try to make sure the weekends are clear for that.

For volunteers, I don’t have any good equipment like cables or pads to bring, but I can help out with any physical labor if you need any.

Location wise, if you are planning to do one in Raleigh, this location might be good. The Sheraton Hotel seem to have experienced with people doing audio shows there.

Link below is a audio show using the Sheraton Hotel, so this hotel have experience with audio related events.
https://live.audioadvice.com/

DE599272-108E-4AAC-9B83-5E147E5D3AE6.jpeg

Apr 25, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #4 of 106
So the options for the Research Triangle meet are clarifying - at least a little.
It looks like September is favored for two reasons, one is Schiit have already agreed to support other meets in October and two is that in September we maaaaay get @Jason Stoddard in person.

I have a handle on a location on the outskirts of Chapel Hill that has a hall and parking. I'd welcome comments on that location.

Dates of (in preferential order) look like 16, 23rd, 9th.

Cheers

Apr 25, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #5 of 106
So the options for the Research Triangle meet are clarifying - at least a little.
It looks like September is favored for two reasons, one is Schiit have already agreed to support other meets in October and two is that in September we maaaaay get @Jason Stoddard in person.

I have a handle on a location on the outskirts of Chapel Hill that has a hall and parking. I'd welcome comments on that location.

Dates of (in preferential order) look like 16, 23rd, 9th.

Cheers
Outskirts of Chapel Hill works for me!

May 24, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #11 of 106
Absolutely interested in attending this whenever it happens to occur!

@golfbravobravo , wondering if it's possible to add an "Are you joining ..." poll at the top of this thread?
Perhaps @Cliffh93 would have some pointers on adding one ...:)

Example poll image:
I like the way you think. I was wondering how that worked.

Thanks!

May 25, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #12 of 106
Hello!

I will do my best to attend as always there are those unforeseen things that pop up. I would vote for having a date the Jason could attend. This would be awesome!

Be glad to help set-up etc..

Thinking of a place in the RTP area in between Raleigh and Durham, near the airport...would be convenient if Jason flies in?

Alex
Raleigh

May 25, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #13 of 106
Poll is in place, good to see.

I am open on the 16th, and the conflict I have on 9 September can be eliminated if need be.

As for location, that's on y'all. Is Cat's Cradle still around in Carrboro? (That was a cool place for music back in the 80's). Graham, I wonder if you could reserve the Starrlight Meadery in Pittsboro? Or Fearrington House Inn. Or if Chapel Hill, why not do it on a Sunday instead to avoid seeing all those UNC fans mourning another loss?

May 25, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #14 of 106
Poll is in place, good to see.

I am open on the 16th, and the conflict I have on 9 September can be eliminated if need be.

As for location, that's on y'all. Is Cat's Cradle still around in Carrboro? (That was a cool place for music back in the 80's). Graham, I wonder if you could reserve the Starrlight Meadery in Pittsboro? Or Fearrington House Inn. Or if Chapel Hill, why not do it on a Sunday instead to avoid seeing all those UNC fans mourning another loss?
OOO, good idea on the Plant. I'll talk to Lyle as there are a few places in addition to Starlight. (I hate mead :))

I've also got feelers out to Mosaic which is a new development in Chatham Park. Fearington is likely expensive and we would be in competition with weddings (I'm guessing!).

Cheers

G

May 25, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #15 of 106
Hello!

I will do my best to attend as always there are those unforeseen things that pop up. I would vote for having a date the Jason could attend. This would be awesome!

Be glad to help set-up etc..

Thinking of a place in the RTP area in between Raleigh and Durham, near the airport...would be convenient if Jason flies in?

Alex
Raleigh
I completely agree; keep it near the RTP/airport, which is the geographic center of the Triangle! Remember, in addition to flying, people may well be driving in from the north (e.g., Virginia) and south (e.g., Georgia) on I-95 which is already 30 minutes east of the Triangle, and places further west like Carboro, Fearrington, and Chatham Park start to add an hour to the drive from I-95.... and these venues mostly need travel on local roads to access (i.e., not just off the Interstates like I-40). The audio stuff and the people will make it way cool enough, let's not add distance and inconvenience just to get a charming venue. I'd be happy if I could see and hear Jason's latest thinking in person under a tent (as long as adult beverages are being served, of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back