Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 - Alex's Beautiful New Baby
Sep 7, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #196 of 1,038
Let me ask where does Vorzuge place? I really like the portable amp I bought from them. I know it was only produced in Germany made in Asia.

Sep 7, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #197 of 1,038
I'm from Jersey and all we know is fist pumping. RAD-0 Make my pumping fist :L3000::ksc75smile: all over the place.

Sep 7, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #198 of 1,038
Rosson did make this wire for me for cheap compared to outsourcing to another. No fancy split but getting XLR was needed. Thanks for the deal on the cable.
image.jpg

Sep 7, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #200 of 1,038
Sorry

Sep 7, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #201 of 1,038
With the balanced cable I noticed change in overall sound. I'm not sure why they didn't produce it in first place.:o2smile:

Sep 9, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #202 of 1,038
I’ve removed some posts. Let’s get back on topic before people get removed from the thread. Thanks.

You`re absolutely right.

Everybody who have the privilege to own this beauty of a headphone, just should enjoy them. Maybe In the future I`ll get the oppertunity to audition them and then I will come back to this thread and post my impressions.

I´m tired of replay myself, but for me it`s just about good sound. I consider buying Meze Empyrean, because really liked what I´ve heard and their drivers are made from Rinaro. I would bet that Empy will be a success for Meze. I´m looking forward to read more sound impressions and comparisons to other headphones like Audeze LCD4.:)

Sep 9, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #203 of 1,038
Maybe my comparison to Burmester was unfair, I have to admit.

But there are a few things on Rosson Audio`s website which irritates me.

1. "Frequency response: 20HZ - Beyond Audible Range". "...Beyond Audible Range" that`s not a term, what i expected from a audio company. It sound`s like "...from nowhere, to everywhere...".

2. I can`t find the sensitivity of this headphone on their website. I have to search and find the answer in this thread. Mr. Rosson told us it`s 96dB.

Most customers of Rosson Audio will spent thousands of dollars for amplifiers, dacs and digital audio players. A few basic informations are just necessary.

Sep 9, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #204 of 1,038
The Meze and Rosson are at a tie right now. I'm big fan of the Empyreans bass as it hits harder then the rad-0. This is touchy thing as some have called it bloated. Though for electronic music it hits the sweet spot. Currently Empyrean is on 3rd day of use. The LCD 4 threw me off it's trail when people say it requires an eq to get it's full potential.

Kopf do you own the campfire cascade? If so does it sound like an iem like Z reviews said. I'm interested in closed back that's easier to carry around then my Eikon. Got interested in them after checking Campfires website.

I do find Rosson not putting all the information not great.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #205 of 1,038
The Meze and Rosson are at a tie right now. I'm big fan of the Empyreans bass as it hits harder then the rad-0. This is touchy thing as some have called it bloated. Though for electronic music it hits the sweet spot. Currently Empyrean is on 3rd day of use. The LCD 4 threw me off it's trail when people say it requires an eq to get it's full potential.

Kopf do you own the campfire cascade? If so does it sound like an iem like Z reviews said. I'm interested in closed back that's easier to carry around then my Eikon. Got interested in them after checking Campfires website.

I do find Rosson not putting all the information not great.

Yes, I own the Cascade and I really like them, It´s a powerful and at the same time forgiving headphone, especially with the cloth pads.
But I can`t compare them to the Eikon or other iem`s.
Z`reviews are very long winded, with few informations.

Sep 9, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #206 of 1,038
Well I be getting a set of Campfires in the future. I like they used Beryllium for the driver.

Sep 10, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #207 of 1,038
With the balanced cable I noticed change in overall sound. I'm not sure why they didn't produce it in first place.:o2smile:
That would be interesting to know how the sound differs with your balanced cable, if you can post any basic impressions vs. the SE (normal) cable? And which amp are you driving it with; and is it the same amp with both cables? Thanks

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #208 of 1,038
The SE sounded withdrawn in comparison to balanced. That was only impression I had between the two. Theses headphones just perform better with the extra power in tap. Tonight I’m switch to rad-0 from the Empyrean. So I’ll switch between se and balance and get back to you.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #209 of 1,038
So switching the cable to balance just increased dynamics or loudness. It just sounds under powered when using single ended, not bad sounding.
Amp and dac are ifi pro ican and smsl d1 very clean sounding.
Next ill be testing GS_x mini whenever it comes and I just purchased the Denafrips Ares II R-2R DAC off Drop. I'm hoping I like the R-2R never heard one.
Gotta say this is very resolving headphone.
Testing with Tools new album.

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #210 of 1,038
Try that Tool album.

I wouldn’t say RAD-0 wins for all music, and I’d say they’re ‘pretty close’.

<edit>And Empy is comfort champ by far</edit>

Having had both and just acquiring #48 of 100 RAD-O ( Azure Twilight ) My immediate thought was the RAD-O sounded similar to the Empyrean .. waiting on a 4Pin XLR to comment further

Attachments

• 20190910_141846.jpg
    20190910_141846.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190514_122414.jpg
    20190514_122414.jpg
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back