Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
Jul 12, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #541 of 3,339
Hell, all I would want is a black option for the top level stuff.  Otherwise I'd have to anodize the stuff myself and lose all that Schiit.

Jul 12, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #542 of 3,339
I hear Tubbs has three of them

Quote:
Ugh, the font alone screams 80's Miami and Don Johnson.  All that's missing is the hot pink neon.  At least to my ears.  
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 12, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #543 of 3,339

Quote:
If theres one small thing I dont like about the material used for at least for what i've seen so far, its that while i love the brushed look, i wish the texture was smoother.  It seems as though the brushed crevices would catch dirt and make it hard to dust off.  But i'm merely nitpicking.

When you say "seen so far," do you mean actual pieces or photos/renderings?  I was in their dealer's showroom this past Saturday listening to a Lyr, and though I didn't run my fingers across its surface or make a detailed examination, it did not look especially rough-textured to me, at least not to the point where there would be crevices deep enough to hold dust.

(BTW, Jason, the fellow I spoke to - not the principal - said he'd love for you to call re the Bifrost.  But likely you've already communicated with someone there about it.)

Jul 12, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #544 of 3,339
I actually don't mind the aesthetics of any of them.. I own the PS Audio DLIII & Matrix Mini-i.  Was considering the Bel Canto 1.5 but now that the Bifrost is coming, I think it will be an awesome look for my Head-Fi setup. Not to mention that I expect the combo to sound phenomenal.

Jul 12, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #545 of 3,339

Quote:

When you say "seen so far," do you mean actual pieces or photos/renderings?  I was in their dealer's showroom this past Saturday listening to a Lyr, and though I didn't run my fingers across its surface or make a detailed examination, it did not look especially rough-textured to me, at least not to the point where there would be crevices deep enough to hold dust.

(BTW, Jason, the fellow I spoke to - not the principal - said he'd love for you to call re the Bifrost.  But likely you've already communicated with someone there about it.)

What dealer?  I'm a PA guy too...Southeast.  Curious to know what dealers are carrying Schitt in PA.

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #547 of 3,339

Now that is a good-looking, informative display. Firewire too!

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #549 of 3,339
Jul 13, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #551 of 3,339
That's one of the best DACs made, btw... 
rolleyes.gif

You can't help but laugh, though, despite it being 'the best'. :p

It's even got dangling red haired bangs and a small goatee, heh.

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #552 of 3,339

Quote:
You can't help but laugh, though, despite it being 'the best'.
tongue.gif

It's even got dangling red haired bangs and a small goatee, heh.

I resemble that last remark; are you talking about me or the DAC?
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #553 of 3,339
In my wait for the statement amp and DAC, I have weakened and ordered a Bifrost. Now I can sit back and wait until early September rather than Christmas time. :)

Jul 13, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #554 of 3,339
In my wait for the statement amp and DAC, I have weakened and ordered a Bifrost. Now I can sit back and wait until early September rather than Christmas time. :)

See, wasn't that easy. Forget that willpower stuff. It's no good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back