Schiit Magni+ and Magni Heretic :: Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2022 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 216

XERO1

Headphoneus Supremus
magni plus black 1920-2.jpegmagni plus silver front 1920.jpegmagni heretic black 1920-2.jpegmagni heretic silver front 1920.jpegmagni plus rear 1920.jpeg

https://www.schiit.com/products/magni-plus

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sch...bable-start-up.701900/page-6869#post-17245923

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/schiit-magni-3-and-magni-heresy-impressions-thread.920226/

Here we go again!

These are the new and slightly improved versions of the Magni 3+ and Magni Heresy.

Discuss!! :darthsmile:

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #4 of 216
None of the new stuff available in EU yet :triportsad:

Nov 22, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #5 of 216
Just received my Silver Heretic today. Some initial impressions: All I can say is Wow! It’s awesome! Definitely an improvement over the Magni Heresey. I’m using high gain with the Austrian Audio Hi-X55 headphones and a NAD CD player as my source. No more static from the volume control,which I know was an issue with the Heresy. The design is beautiful. The Schiit logo has raised lettering on the top of the amp. Three gain settings. Can’t go past the 11 o’clock position on the volume, plenty of power. Sound is very clear and precise. I’m not the best review person, but just some opening thoughts.

Nov 25, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #6 of 216
Anyone tried both the Heretic and Heresy with HD-650’s/6XX’s? Right now Schiit’s got Heresy’s on mega sale for $79 but after reading Jason’s latest article going with newest Heretic sounds like a good choice.

Dec 2, 2022 at 3:20 AM Post #8 of 216
I’m gonna go Heretic. As soon it’s available in EU.
Grado Hemps and Violectric Chronos are in use now. Chronos will do the DAC’s job and Heretic does amplification in the future.
Chronos is pretty good with Grados by itself but i wanna test has Heretic something more to offer.:ksc75smile:

Dec 6, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #13 of 216
Just received my black Heretic last night. Loving it so far. Did not know they kept a power indicator LED with these. It’s now on the inside on the board. Does the new 3+ have this too? Sold my Magni 3 (2017 model) for this rig and out of the box, not burned in yet, it’s already night and day next to my old Magni 3. Been using a Vali 2 on the daily for the last 6 years and it’s a bit different than that as well but I will say it feels more alive and tube-like, closer to the Vali 2 than the Magni 3. Driving my HD-6XX’s right now. Need to dig out my Hifiman HE-400i’s to try with it next maybe even my old Grado SR-80E’s to hear how it treats those. Using my Modi 3+ to feed it. Once I went to HD-6XX’s I retired my Hifimans for a long time but this little amp might bring them back into the rotation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back