Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Sep 7, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #106 of 7,699

Quote:
Wow! Sorry for your loss too but even more so, I am sorry for the assault. Wimp or not, it takes a blink of an eye and we can all be gone forever. I take it you don't live in the Hamptons or Beverly Hills.

Thanks man, it happened to me in Toronto, Canada, where a lot of naive and smug Canadians think it's the best place in the world. Ironically nothing has happened to me yet the many times i"ve been to New York City. The scary thing is that I find people in general are more helpful in New York than in Toronto. If it wasn't so expensive to live in New York, I would 've moved there.

Sep 7, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #107 of 7,699
Sorry for your loss. I also live in Toronto and I hope the same doesn't happen to others. I wonder if the people that robbed you even know the models of the products you lost.

Sep 7, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #108 of 7,699
Or maybe they were fellow head-fi members that have been scoping him out for weeks and waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike?

Either way that sucks man, try to stay on the busy streets.

Sep 7, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #109 of 7,699
That suxs man? What part of the US do you live in BTW Calif, New York?

Quote:
Hey man, so sorry for your loss. I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I was robbed last weekend and I lost my ipod classic 7th gen, IE8i and my Null Audio Lune custom cabled TFi 10. I fought against three guys and one of them pull out a knife, I was stabbed once but they didn't land any blows on me so I think I put up a good fight. The world has to know that Head Fi members are not wimps.

Sep 7, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #111 of 7,699

Quote:
This thread is turning rather macabre... : o

Lol didn't mean to insult you. I was just wondering if it was one of those states that it happened in. Although things can happen anywhere, I've heard from various people here in the islands that New York and California have more than their share (if you know what I mean ) of crime.

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #112 of 7,699

Quote:
That suxs man? What part of the US do you live in BTW Calif, New York?

Yeah that really sucks, because it will be a while before I can afford to replace what I've lost. It didn't happened to me in the U.S. but rather ironically in Toronto, Canada, which incidentally is starting to get quite nasty due to our lax law.

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #113 of 7,699

Quote:
Lol didn't mean to insult you. I was just wondering if it was one of those states that it happened in. Although things can happen anywhere, I've heard from various people here in the islands that New York and California have more than their share (if you know what I mean ) of crime.

No problem at all. Yes, NYC can be an awful place to live for some people and I have been through my fair share of crime. Just this last Labor Day weekend, there were 48 shootings in the city. 

Sep 8, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #116 of 7,699
What link? 
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #118 of 7,699

To be fair to the city though, per capita the number of shootings and violent crime is very low.

Quote:
No problem at all. Yes, NYC can be an awful place to live for some people and I have been through my fair share of crime. Just this last Labor Day weekend, there were 48 shootings in the city. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back