Shanling EC3 - Compact CD Player for your desk and small Hi-Fi rigs
Oct 15, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #31 of 70
I'm not saying there will be lots of people, but there will be some. If vinyl, as flawed as it is, and it is flawed, can make such a comeback (albeit small as a share of the market) there is certainly room for CD users to adapt a multi-functional product like this. Like your Power Windows avatar. I saw that tour. Great show.
54...I have never stopped listening to CD’S in the car... they sound better, I only use other options when necessary

Oct 15, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #32 of 70
54...I have never stopped listening to CD’S in the car... they sound better, I only use other options when necessary
I have CD player,, Transport, CD/SACD player in each of my 3 systems.
2 vinyl in 3 system.
I need to install new 2 needles just bought last year? To hear any big improvement? Should be.

Oct 15, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #33 of 70
Well, I'm 52 and haven't played a CD in nearly 10 years. Not even in my car.

It's no longer part of your lifestyle. But they still sound as good as digital gets.

Oct 15, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #34 of 70
I have CD player,, Transport, CD/SACD player in each of my 3 systems.
2 vinyl in 3 system.
I need to install new 2 needles just bought last year? To hear any big improvement? Should be.
I have 2 turntables and a microphone...

Oct 15, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #35 of 70
Wouldn't mind just a good quality CD transport but chip can improve (dacs) all too often.
Then you should get the Audiolab CDT-6000 !!

Oct 15, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #36 of 70
Well, I'm 52 and haven't played a CD in nearly 10 years. Not even in my car.
Hell…I’m 68 🙋‍♂️ (still working) and listen to CD daily…👍

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #37 of 70
Oct 16, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #38 of 70
It would be such a nostalgic vibe with modern iterations of features, I find this very much appealing to those who have a library or a huge collection of CDs. This experience will be purely down memory lane. Shanling really makes innovative stuff, I just wish that they present the Bluetooth connectivity supporting LDAC.

Oct 16, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #39 of 70
You left off 2 critical items. When will it be available and what is the price?

Will share these info once we have it available.

For now, we can just say to check with your local Shanling distributor. If they see interest into it, they are more likely to order them.

This has me very interested. Is there a file limit? Wondering if a library of 30,000+ songs will work on this.

For 30k+ files on USB drive, it would still work, but only with folder browsing to navigate.

And does it do SACD @Shanling

No SACD support.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 17, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #41 of 70
I’m embarrassed to disclose how many CDs I have, maybe around 3500? I purchased them all thinking I would get around to investigating them....but as we all know, there is just too many choices nowadays. So in a way the value here is it gets you to slow down and concentrate on 1 Cd. I still have my Rega Planet built in the 1990s. There is nothing wrong with 44.1 kHz - 16 bit if the signal is left in a pure form....it still holds a fascination! Cheers for this thing....such devices are rare now!
Bro... 3500? I think you hold the record (no pun intended)...

Oct 17, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #42 of 70
Oct 21, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #44 of 70
Introducing Shanling EC3 CD Player

CD Players were the staple of Shanling’s production for the past 30 years, from affordable models to very high-end ones. Our new EC3 is the latest in our line of simpler budget offerings and it’s the ideal model to re-introduce the Shanling CD players to the international Hi-Fi market.

EC3 was designed as a compact CD player, easily fitting onto any desktop or into smaller narrow Hi-Fi racks. Built around well proven Philips CD80 drive mechanism and Sanyo HD850 laser head, as a top-loading CD player with a transparent cover. Offering digital outputs in form of coaxial and optical SPDIF, for easy connection to external DACs or receivers. It also packs its own audio circuit, utilizing ESS ES9219C DAC and LTA8092 op-amp through headphone output or RCA, with the option to serve as a pre-amplifier.

But EC3 is not just a simple CD player with few playback buttons. We added the Ingenic X2000 platform, a practical 1.6-inch screen and our custom-built system, providing further settings and features directly to the player. Allowing it to act as a Bluetooth DAC or serving as a Hi-Res music player by connecting any USB drive with audio files, with additional control through Eddict Player app.

EC3 will be released before the end of this year.

ca1783cb-d488-4ebc-a779-0151c8c3d369.jpg
I must congratulate your company on making a very, very beautiful CD Player! Well done indeed. Alas that is is beyond my means to buy as in truth, I would prefer the Marantz CD60 (in silver/gold finish!) over this at the same (albeit, merely supposed) price of approximately $1,000 US. If it were in the range of $300 to $400 US, I would give it more consideration but that should not prevent any one here or in the real world from buying one of these gorgeous players. I must say, pictures probably do not do it justice.

Your designers have truly done a fantastic job with this CD Player!

All the best to you and your company, sir!

Oct 23, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #45 of 70
The more (and longer!) I stare at the photo of this beautiful CD player, the greater my desire to own one for its industrial look. Like other classic designs I find desirable, this CD Player makes me think of the silent film, "Metropolis".

I do not think there is enough "physical content" in it to justify a 4 digit price tag but then I am not an engineer. It is a CD player and those can be bought anywhere at an inexpensive price. I just bought and am using a single disc CD Player with optical output that cost me $80. It sits where the subject of this thread would if I had one.

I hope it runs no more than $300 as in speaking with my non-audio-enjoying spousal unit I am told I had best not spend more.
So hey...What is the MSRP of this beautimus device? I shall not be upset if I can not afford one but that attitude is nothing like the joy at reading $299.00 (or less!).

As Elvis would say were he alive and a member here, "Thankyew...Thankyewveruhmuch!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back