Shozy Zero IEMs
May 11, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #678 of 1,545
hlsx--808. I don't know if cold is the right term exactly but they seem to be lacking something (apart from bass which is too light for my preference).

I get what you mean if your preference is a rich warmer sound with more body to the bass. I find the 808s to have a cooler more analytical, bright and crisper airy sound compared to the Zeros , I prefer the Zeros rich warm intimacy and fuller bass to the 808s but like the sparkle, snap and clarity of the 808s. The 808s signature reminds me of my Fidue A83 but scaled down a notch , 808s trump my Fidues in comfort for extended listening and ease of getting in and out of ears and were my dailys before the Zeros..

Just put 808s on to compare and they are completely different signatures but equally enjoyable although am leaning towards the signature of the Zeros , 808s blow my mind sounding this good for $38!! Unreal.. have ordered another one! they are the best bang for buck IEM Ive come across so far and prefer their sound over my IE80s..

May 11, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #679 of 1,545
Meanwhile, Zero is on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/SHOZY-Zero-HIFI-In-ear-Earphone/dp/B01EHT6Z6C?ie=UTF8&keywords=shozy%20alien&qid=1462964400&ref_=sr_1_fkmr0_1&sr=8-1-fkmr0

May 11, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #680 of 1,545
  hlsx--808. I don't know if cold is the right term exactly but they seem to be lacking something (apart from bass which is too light for my preference).

Maybe lack of depth and timbre to the notes? Just a guess from my experience with cheaper hyprids.....

May 11, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #681 of 1,545
  Maybe lack of depth and timbre to the notes? Just a guess from my experience with cheaper hyprids.....

Yes and it could also be partly due to my source (xduoo x2). I just hooked them up to my pc: Gigabyte Z170 gaming 7 with TI Burr Brown® OPA2134 operational amplifier and went back to the stock tips and they're sounding better. They're impressive technically but lack emotion (for me).

May 11, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #683 of 1,545
Get the new fender fax7. For hybrids

The 808 seem to have opened up a bit (maybe the extra burn-in does help) but sometimes bass lines seem extremely recessed. It's strange because kicks are there and on some tracks there's plenty of sub bass rumble so might be a specific freq that's causing me problems.

Anyway back on topic, I just read peter's zero review again and that plus what others have been saying makes me feel pretty confident that they will suit me. By the way @peter123 I like some of the songs you have in your demo list, many I never knew of. Will order my zero today.

May 11, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #686 of 1,545
Same here, they definitely are totl

basshead.gif
eek.gif

quite a bold statement mate hehe

May 11, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #689 of 1,545
cool.gif
Just Received my Delta Zeros. My initial impressions OOTB: Quite well balanced and pleasant. Good soundstage width and imaging, although its pretty early to make any snap judgements. I can pretty much tell these are not aimed at Bassheads, but will appeal more to purists, although they aren't exactly neutral either. The stock tips don't do these justice. I slapped on a pair of Medium Auvio wide-bores and the sound quality improved at least 3x. At this point the only caveat or suggestion I might make is that they might inscribe a L/R designation on the Rear of the body in the same way they have done Shozy and Zero on the plug and splitter. Having the L/R on the Black standoffs are always hard to read. For their size they are a little harder to drive than what I imagined they would be.

Off to the burn-In. I'll check back in about 30-50 Hours. I think these are going to be very nice after a few hours.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 11, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #690 of 1,545

I got the HLSX-808 couple of days ago and felt the same. Tip rolling improved bass a bit but no where near LZ Z03A (my current favorite).

while I was experimenting with different tips, i covered the tiny hole near the nozzle with cello tape. That gave a massive boost to the bass. Now i have a good amount of bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back