Shozy Zero IEMs
May 11, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #691 of 1,545

cool.gif
Just Received my Delta Zeros. My initial impressions OOTB: Quite well balanced and pleasant. Good soundstage width and imaging, although its pretty early to make any snap judgements. I can pretty much tell these are not aimed at Bassheads, but will appeal more to purists, although they aren't exactly neutral either. The stock tips don't do these justice. I slapped on a pair of Medium Auvio wide-bores and the sound quality improved at least 3x. At this point the only caveat or suggestion I might make is that they might inscribe a L/R designation on the Rear of the body in the same way they have done Shozy and Zero on the plug and splitter. Having the L/R on the Black standoffs are always hard to read. For their size they are a little harder to drive than what I imagined they would be.

Off to the burn-In. I'll check back in about 30-50 Hours. I think these are going to be very nice after a few hours.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

How much bass are we talking about here? From reading I had the impression that they were fairly bassy. How much is there compared to say the z03a?

May 11, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #692 of 1,545
Checking in!
Going to be comparing these to a few other entry IEMs under 100$ and just seeing how well they perform in general. 

Thanks to @NLNH

May 11, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #693 of 1,545
  Yes and it could also be partly due to my source (xduoo x2). I just hooked them up to my pc: Gigabyte Z170 gaming 7 with TI Burr Brown® OPA2134 operational amplifier and went back to the stock tips and they're sounding better. They're impressive technically but lack emotion (for me).

Change your mobo caps with BlackGate :D

May 11, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #694 of 1,545
  Change your mobo caps with BlackGate :D

Maybe in the future hehe. I don't know if it's brain or burn in but my 808s seem drastically different from my earlier impressions.They have really come to life and feel like a totally different iem. Anyway don't want to derail this thread. My Zeros are on the way. 
etysmile.gif

May 12, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #695 of 1,545
I told my Head-fi friend about Zero saying he should check them out. I think he was reluctant but went ahead anyway.

Here's what they had to say via PM. Or, at least some of what they said.

"I think it beats IEMs in the $500 range easily...."

See that? Trust Uncle H20 and good things come to you. :wink:

May 12, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #697 of 1,545
  How much bass are we talking about here? From reading I had the impression that they were fairly bassy. How much is there compared to say the z03a?

cool.gif
I don't really Know. These are just OOTB impressions. compared to some of my more recent aquisitions like the M2 and TK13 they basically have Zero (pun intended) Bass. But i think they are fairly balanced and the Bass fills in after a few hours of burn-in.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 12, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #699 of 1,545
Wholy @$!#, then your new iem should be fart Canon's

cool.gif
Have You HEARD those M2's? If you could just strap a 1000W Home theater system Subwoofer to your head.....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 12, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #702 of 1,545

The Zero is known for having good bass presence. Finding them lacking overall bass is very surprising and I'd say you need to be pretty close to a bass head to do so. The Easy M2 has less sub bass from my initial listening to them but they've got mid bass is large quantities all over the place, I'd guess some people like that to.

I also cannot understand how one could recommend the Zeros to a "purist" as they are very colored (but in a good way). As always ymmw......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back