Simgot IEM discussion thread.
Feb 8, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #241 of 382
Feb 8, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #242 of 382
The review is posted, what a lot of fun!
I loved that review. LM is such a nice little set. I can't believe they can make a profit on this. I hope Simgot keeps up this, great company.

Feb 8, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #243 of 382
I loved that review. LM is such a nice little set. I can't believe they can make a profit on this. I hope Simgot keeps up this, great company.
Next maybe a EA1000 LM? Truly I don’t know, just guessing. :)

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:16 AM Post #244 of 382
Feb 9, 2024 at 2:23 AM Post #245 of 382
1000065418.png
1000065419.png
1000065420.png

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:40 AM Post #246 of 382
Feb 14, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #247 of 382
k16ENeg37_-5Y-mq3eaUgsPaW8p5wwYLuEPrtdPOwP2f2-wZHbeObbNxvz2ZuR99-6dudyvhh3-XDjApmlInhEIX8q7J88HX46hgH0YGbZ4qssqTUYEu2rEwIxjsDUeYR2j_dnNUwYAZ9tem2mH2nfA

Simgot EA500LM

I will make this a shorter post, i'm not going to make any review for it. Been a lot of reviews already about the EA500LM, highly praised by most. The EA500LM is their newest release, I guess it's meant as the successor to the EA500 that was so well received last year. You get the same shell and build here as the original, also the tuning nozzles to change up the sound.

What they market the driver tech as:

The 2nd Generation Of Dual-Magnet & Dual-Cavity Lithium-Magnesium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver In-Ear Earphones.

And some inside info I heard from a friend, the EA500LM most likely has the same driver as the DUNU Falcon Ultra. Not confirmed, but I know that people who had heard both EA1000 and Falcon Ultra preferred the latter. And now it seems like maybe most prefer the tonality of EA500LM more than the EA1000, for me it's a mixed bag and I like both.

RtDYRHlywh3ZOEiQ-ByAPnhak16rvWzW7mB6bLLq6KB_lWcgQyxCg-VMNJG9ZP-MeW_UJzGAVot-oVXLqjV8SXkwAzwgAtHv-LavU0jbIOsiPYhwFlPEmxfKeLkE8wK4OrVdzIWOtxxoaIcjQYAuYww

Looking at measurements from Gizaudio:

RNcutrunHbo7uXT-1HlLBa8shVOCvLVETt4Azpo3_qWkWbDQiju_8i5lGp5ccUhDgwjbe5f_BLvEknSaw6bHofNeZvCeuNQcrt_8bbi7P0nsC8BFJyi-u0-6QhLZqhpml6y6WfrZw8UBSuSPtmAumsQ

So similar looking from measurement perspective, when listening there are differences.

EA500LM is then the most rich sounding of them, the driver has a thicker tonality overall.
EA1000 is the most resolving and delicate sounding one of the bunch.
Ea500 is then the brightest and thinnest sounding.

If you have ever heard an EA500 and found it too shouty or metallic, that will also appear on EA1000 and EA500LM. But it's less on EA1000 than EA500 for me, and EA500LM less than EA1000.

I am quite tolerant to upper mids, so I find all of them okay (EA500 only together with mod)

c5hxd51f70O_0w47ET6A-z-hfN35EqFkFfy9nzKUkTWXmVP9OF7F9NQuMvvKXwb6PX1V44AaJo8UTkWi1tIOOeffs1z_w9s3uuMwE7RJVhaqLupkwCqI6h2drHPE9M5RluM716VXZbjGD3CnRv_ill4

The sub bass is more on EA500LM as also the measurement show, but in theory it's close to the same as EA1000 depending on the music. I find that the EA500LM slam better while maybe the EA1000 has richer nuanced sound on stuff like cello playing etc. While EA500 is behind the EA500LM in both quality and amount.

Midrange is more resolving and nuanced on EA1000, while the sound is denser and more emotional on EA500LM. Never liked the EA500 for the midrange, find it shouty and unrefined.

Treble is good on all 3, my favorite is the EA1000 as it's more resolving and natural. All 3 have a good amount of clarity and air.

Soundstage is a tough one and very personal, EA500 and EA500LM are both on the average size for me. Ea1000 has a more spacious sound overall, I am not sure if it's due to the driver or that it's extra vented.

Technicalities of the EA500 and EA500LM are about the same, only the EA1000 has something extra in the bass and midrange.

The tonality makes it good with most music, and since technicalities and sub bass is good I might like it the most for stuff like technical electronica. Only on some sharper music with forward upper mids I might not like it as much.

Next two photos are EA1000 and EA500LM, very similar except for material. Venting is also different.

2C1pg8XxIumah6Uo9b1uSpV-lWF367pQ-BgkRArZZ9fl1CbPBt4741RIjfKu-3xQy2JmjqGpdeyNJ_XpmI63CBuR4e4khPQtvFbd5S28gal537hcB5VzFnZ1haoKNxM1WhK3pEZ012eEfZBDq9NpABo

mK-7T1bBXjgWFkyF3fWwVMoKxoX6fLbhOSQoid51fqZjgSg-gARTZpNGcHSQWBiYbth6IepBuwezf-9GBZwKpjERHuYDWYZKodNawtJi6e7i1v1s-pDF6lEQuDVJ7QKGIOnfWV7N-i6ZeHXhHZik4WQ

Conclusion for me is that the EA500LM is perhaps their safest and funniest IEM of the EA series, the more rich and dense sound is sure to please more people.
It is also the one I would recommend for most people,especially if you want to introduce IEMs to someone new. The upper mids can be shouty for some, and should be considered.

I bet this will be the new recommendation from Simgot now, that will be remembered throughout the year.

Pros:
Bass quality
Deep sub bass
Good slam
Richer midrange than previous EA models
Clear and extended treble
Energetic tuning with wow factor
Cost to performance
Excellent build quality
Small IEMs
Tunable with the nozzles, even more if you buy materials for tuning.
Sound good from all sources

Cons:
Energetic tuning
Upper mids aggressive
Soundstage average
Ergonomics is good but the nozzle is short, so the body of the IEM limits depth into the ear.
More difference on the nozzle tunings would be nice
Cable while okay look very cheap

Sitting here writing this while listening to some techno, sounds good to me. Also the Most of my listening been done with their new dongle DEW4X, most likely my favorite Cirrus Logic unit so far. Often found some models from last year a little sterile, this seem to be an improvement and good value. Will try and compare some more to my two other models, and say some later this week.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 3:22 AM Post #249 of 382
This comment is going to be somewhat controversial, apologies.

I recently got the EA500LM and boy, while I think the treble is really well done, what a disappointing bass it has. No matter the tips I use it's just a warm puddle of mess without any punch, slam or rumble. I can't believe my ears, I didn't expect much for $89 but this bad? Wow just wow.

Now, I have a hunch it's because of the fairly shallow fit they have, I did try a fairly wide election of tips and the Dunu S&S seems to improve the bass little, the improvement is so small I can hardly call it better, it's barely a perceptible hint of punch.

So yeah, very weird set, into the storage it goes...

Feb 16, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #251 of 382
2 hrs maybe burn in 🔥
First hour out of new 4.4 cable, 29 dollar cable
( first time listening to anything out of 4.4)

Switched to included cable 3.5 for additional testing, 2 hr mark burn in

Shazaam, wow big difference on 3.5
Bass and sub base more present

Cheap 4.4 cable going back, culprit 😢

Still burning in but wow, awesome iem for 80 bucks
IMG_2211.jpeg

What is appropriate burn in time???

Can anyone rec good 4.4, similar looking like included cable

Feb 16, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #252 of 382
500LM arrived as well! Didn't have a lot of time to test it out yet, but so far the overall first impression is that it's nicely balanced and smoother than its predecessors.

There are differences between it and EA1000, but they're similar and feel like different tunings of the same general overall direction. Very likeable out of the box.

This comment is going to be somewhat controversial, apologies.

I recently got the EA500LM and boy, while I think the treble is really well done, what a disappointing bass it has. No matter the tips I use it's just a warm puddle of mess without any punch, slam or rumble. I can't believe my ears, I didn't expect much for $89 but this bad? Wow just wow.

Now, I have a hunch it's because of the fairly shallow fit they have, I did try a fairly wide election of tips and the Dunu S&S seems to improve the bass little, the improvement is so small I can hardly call it better, it's barely a perceptible hint of punch.

So yeah, very weird set, into the storage it goes...
I'd try to get it measured if you can, or if not, try to find a friend's copy to listen to and see if there are differences. Very unusual, as so far the consensus seems to be that the bass is quite nice on it.

Or, maaaaaaaaybe.... Just maaaaaaaybe :p

Feb 16, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #253 of 382
Or, maaaaaaaaybe.... Just maaaaaaaybe :p
Nope, not a basshead at all, on the contrary, I love my Diva, my Nan-nas and my Variations and I think my Monarch mk3 has a bit too much bass, and the mk3 is not a basshead IEM.

As I said, I think the shallow fit ruins the EA500LM for me, the treble is very nice but the lows are just bad.
Or the people who praise the LM don't have much to compare with? Really curious.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back