Step above mid fi
Feb 5, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #16 of 126
Quote:
Well, call me a proud new owner of an pair of audeze LCD 2.2 bamboo editions!! The wait is killing me ;(

Congrats,
l think you will love them. Mine are hooked up to the bifrost/lyr and for 2 grand, it is a very good setup.
Although I am looking to upgrade the amp/dac (to balanced) my lcd2.2s are staying with me.

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #18 of 126
I want to get the the bottlehead crack because I want a DIY project. Will that drive the audeze well enough? Keep in mind that my current amp is the fiio e9

My other cans are the AKG k702 and denon d5000s

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #19 of 126
Quote:
I want to get the the bottlehead crack because I want a DIY project. Will that drive the audeze well enough? Keep in mind that my current amp is the fiio e9

I dont think the Bottlehead will work because its used to drive high-impedance headphones and LCD2 are not, nor are the K702 or D5000's.

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #20 of 126
Quote:

I know the primary concern is for the lcd's, but as for the k702's through the crack, i wouldn't recommend it

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #23 of 126
Quote:
Make an O2. 

O2 works well with them? I'd get something like.. A Schiit Lyr most likely. Known to be amazing with the LCD2's.

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #24 of 126
Hmmm, I guess I'll get a schiit LYR and make my own cables then :p. I have a modi so far which handles 96/24 bit which is the quality if my flac files, will I need to upgrade the DAC to 192/32 bit even though my music isn't?

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #25 of 126
Quote:
Hmmm, I guess I'll get a schiit LYR and make my own cables then
tongue.gif
. I have a modi so far which handles 96/24 bit which is the quality if my flac files, will I need to upgrade the DAC to 192/32 bit even though my music isn't?

Nah, no need.

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #26 of 126
Quote:
Ah, are there any other DIY amps that would work with the LCD 2s then or should I just buy a pre built one

I've read several users here saying the O2 works fine with the LCD2's, and I think it was also mentioned in the Innerfidelity article about the LCD2 & 3's.

But if you want something else, check out the Beta 22. Article about it. Would probably be my choice if I needed a beefier amp.

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #27 of 126

The Lyr is a good chice for the LCD2s but if you absolutely positively want a DIY project Bottlehead sells an amp kit that works well for the LCD2s.
http://www.bottlehead.com/store.php/products/single-ended-experimenters-kit

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #28 of 126
One more day guys :D. Also regarding the amp, I think I will go with the schiit LYR and do my own cable DIY. Any good wires that I can buy and do they sell the audeze xlr pins seperatly?

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #29 of 126
Quote:
One more day guys
biggrin.gif
. Also regarding the amp, I think I will go with the schiit LYR and do my own cable DIY. Any good wires that I can buy and do they sell the audeze xlr pins seperatly?

I would DIY a desktop O2/ODAC since I am a fan of solid-state... But if you want a tube amp, Lyr should be an excellent choice for LCD-2 rev2.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #30 of 126
Quote:
One more day guys
biggrin.gif
. Also regarding the amp, I think I will go with the schiit LYR and do my own cable DIY. Any good wires that I can buy and do they sell the audeze xlr pins seperatly?

The wait is the hardest part. Before seeing your response my I was going to recommend the LCD 2's. With the Schiit Lyr and your current DAC you should be golden. Give some reviews once you get it all set up. I've got the D5000's currently and think i'm going to the LCD 2.2's as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back