Summit-Fi Random Thoughts
Apr 17, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #481 of 530
So just checking in... how's the headphone/dating journey going? LOL
Hahaha...it's going well. I really like this girl a lot (a lot!). The headphone journey has taken a backseat because of my crazy work schedule (I'm looking for a new job as we speak). I'm going to get a cool new amp on demo in the coming weeks. I'll post about it once I get it. I'm still waiting on the Mod House. They claim I'm next in line, so hopefully I can get it within the next month, but I have my doubts. I loaned out my TCs to a well known cable maker to see if he could make a better cable than the SC. He liked the TCs a lot (he never heard them before). But, yeah, this girl is amazing. 👩‍❤️‍👨

Apr 17, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #482 of 530
Hahaha...it's going well. I really like this girl a lot (a lot!). The headphone journey has taken a backseat because of my crazy work schedule (I'm looking for a new job as we speak). I'm going to get a cool new amp on demo in the coming weeks. I'll post about it once I get it. I'm still waiting on the Mod House. They claim I'm next in line, so hopefully I can get it within the next month, but I have my doubts. I loaned out my TCs to a well known cable maker to see if he could make a better cable than the SC. He liked the TCs a lot (he never heard them before). But, yeah, this girl is amazing. 👩‍❤️‍👨

Lol that's great to hear on the liking her a lot and keeping the momentum going lol. You haven't heard the Tungsten at all so far right? Would love to hear your perspective. I found it as very close in signature to the Valkyria, but with much less technical ability and refinement.. but still very impressive for the cost.

The SC cable for the TC was amazing. I kind of regret not buying one stubborn in principle for cost when it improved the TC to a large degree for me.

Keep us posted on the dating escapades as well lol

Apr 25, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #483 of 530
So, I'm going through alcohol detox and have been having withdrawals :triportsad:

Luckily there is music for going through withdrawals :beyersmile:

AZtOymH.png

wsXymL8.png

I mighta fukced up this relationship with the girl. I was drinking like 10 16oz beers a day. I slept over her house and in the morning, I needed a drink, but couldn't drink that early in front of her. My car battery died and I was freaking out. I had a panic attack. It scared her. She thought I was doing drugs or something, which I'm not.

We went to a Swans concert the night before, but had to leave a little early because she was kinda freaked out. She said it was very negative music and all the people their looked like vampires :beyersmile:. I drank too much, had that hangover in the morning and the panic attack. I called my psychiatrist and told he everything and he's like you need to get off alcohol asap. He prescribed a librium taper and I'm doing that right now. Sh!t is kinda fukced up.

But whoever said taking a girl to a Swans concert was a bad idea, was 100% correct. I should not have taken her to that concert. Well, you live and you learn. :beyersmile:

Apr 25, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #484 of 530
Also, I realized that I don't mind getting out of estats at all. I don't really miss them. I got ribbons for resolution when I want it. But the Sus/TC combo never fails. Still the best combo in head-fi

Apr 25, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #485 of 530
So, I'm going through alcohol detox and have been having withdrawals :triportsad:

AZtOymH.png

wsXymL8.png

I mighta fukced up this relationship with the girl. I was drinking like 10 16oz beers a day. I slept over her house and in the morning, I needed a drink, but couldn't drink that early in front of her. My car battery died and I was freaking out. I had a panic attack. It scared her. She thought I was doing drugs or something, which I'm not.

We went to a Swans concert the night before, but had to leave a little early because she was kinda freaked out. She said it was very negative music and all the people their looked like vampires :beyersmile:. I drank too much, had that hangover in the morning and the panic attack. I called my psychiatrist and told he everything and he's like you need to get off alcohol asap. He prescribed a librium taper and I'm doing that right now. Sh!t is kinda fukced up.

But whoever said taking a girl to a Swans concert was a bad idea, was 100% correct. I should not have taken her to that concert. Well, you live and you learn. :beyersmile:
1714088575142.gif

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #486 of 530

Hey man, sorry about the relationship and detox withdrawal news. It sounds like you were overdoing it on the alcohol consumption, so probably good for your long-term health to either quit or moderate your intake in the future. I hope you can patch things up with the girlfriend, but if she can't accept you for who you are, it simply may not be fated. Best of luck, dude!

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #487 of 530
Also, I realized that I don't mind getting out of estats at all. I don't really miss them. I got ribbons for resolution when I want it. But the Sus/TC combo never fails. Still the best combo in head-fi
That's good to hear, I just got out of estats, now that my Immanis order is in, and I'm not sure how this will turn out.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #489 of 530
Seems i've not missed that much, i wanted to get in the estat game at one point, but my purchases took a different path. Sus / 1266 is truly amazing, i agree.
The whole "audiophile dating stories" are also highly entertaining!

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #490 of 530
i can't get off my hd800S addiction, among others....
IMG_2480.gif

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #491 of 530
i can't get off my hd800S addiction, among others....
IMG_2480.gif
Bummed I ditched mine before they saw a good tube amp.

Estats and ribbons are the two things I'm deliberately NOT doing any digging on. Well, save for that one night last week. After a disastrous four-day IEM deep-dive bender, I'm sticking to what I know for now.

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #492 of 530

Estats and ribbons are the two things I'm deliberately NOT doing any digging on. Well, save for that one night last week. After a disastrous four-day IEM deep-dive bender, I'm sticking to what I know for now.
Which IEMs did you try?

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #493 of 530
Campfire Audio Trifecta, Empire Ears Odin. Trifecta was patchy, occasionally excellent. But too patchy.

Odin were great. But I wanted to try a Caldera more, so Odin were sold for them.

Been v close to your IEMS, Anni, a few times now. I'm definitely more into Odin than Trifecta. Perhaps Odin treble a tad bright/sharp at times. I did the reading before each purchases, but it was honestly an ill-disciplined approach to trying. No clear agenda for what I was looking for other than 'what a lot of people seem to think are the best'.

Which is a mental way of doing things at that level. Especially with IEMs, I think. The field's too deep to just reach in and grab something from the 'excellent' pile and hope they work for you :)

Apr 28, 2024 at 7:04 AM Post #494 of 530

Fixed that.

The only estat that I actually enjoy listening to is the Aperio but the price seems excessive for some cans. Ribbons are great for very specific music choices.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #495 of 530
Fixed that.

The only estat that I actually enjoy listening to is the Aperio but the price seems excessive for some cans. Ribbons are great for very specific music choices.
Friends I trust tell me HD800s really shines on tubes. You disagree?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back