Symphonium Audio - New Singaporean IEM Manufacturer
Mar 13, 2024 at 7:37 PM Post #181 of 231
I find the approach of not publishing the number of drivers very exciting. So you don't buy the technology, you buy the pleasure.
I own the Crimson myself and am very happy with it. I could ask which drivers are installed but I see it as a minor matter.

A friend of mine makes IEMs himself and I asked him some time ago why some IEMs need a lot of power.
This question was related to the Crimson as I assumed that only BA drivers are installed here.
He said that it is often a sign that a lot of effort has been put into it with resistors etc. He sees it as a very positive sign when an IEM is harder to drive.

I have to admit that Symphonium Audio already has my sympathy.
An IEM maker in my circle also confirms that these hard to drive Singaporean IEMs have quite complex crossover circuitry.

Though in the flathead earbuds world, there were some scammers putting additional resistors to make cheap drivers hard to drive 😂

Mar 13, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #182 of 231
I find the approach of not publishing the number of drivers very exciting. So you don't buy the technology, you buy the pleasure.
I own the Crimson myself and am very happy with it. I could ask which drivers are installed but I see it as a minor matter.
I still think not disclosing driver information and driver count is shady, and shouldn't be a thing in the IEM world.

Customers have a right to know exactly what they're purchasing. To hide this info from consumers is not right. To excuse it as being "we want people to focus on the sound the IEM produces, not driver info/count" is a lame copout.

When I asked Symphonium guys about driver info of each IEM I auditioned, they were more than happy to discuss it with me face to face. No shadiness or hesitation, which I very much appreciated. So I have no clue why they and another Singapore IEM manufacturer FATfreq don't like to disclose this info on their websites / product pages.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #183 of 231
I still think not disclosing driver information and driver count is shady, and shouldn't be a thing in the IEM world.

Customers have a right to know exactly what they're purchasing. To hide this info from consumers is not right. To excuse it as being "we want people to focus on the sound the IEM produces, not driver info/count" is a lame copout.

When I asked Symphonium guys about driver info of each IEM I auditioned, they were more than happy to discuss it with me face to face. No shadiness or hesitation, which I very much appreciated. So I have no clue why they and another Singapore IEM manufacturer FATfreq don't like to disclose this info on their websites / product pages.
To be fair, a friend of mine, who is also an IEM builder, asked me for NDA if he were to reveal the driver spec of his latest prototype, so :dt880smile:

At least Symphonium provides realistic FR graph. Speaking of which, @ZeroChad when is the page of Titan online on Symphonium website? You guy should make those "Our story" blog post again for Crimson and Titan. I remember re-reading the article about Helios again and again before I had a chance to try it. Didn't buy Helios, but I do have a Meteor. That little beast is hard to drive.

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:58 PM Post #184 of 231
To be fair, a friend of mine, who is also an IEM builder, asked me for NDA if he were to reveal the driver spec of his latest prototype, so :dt880smile:

At least Symphonium provides realistic FR graph. Speaking of which, @ZeroChad when is the page of Titan online on Symphonium website? You guy should make those "Our story" blog post again for Crimson and Titan. I remember re-reading the article about Helios again and again before I had a chance to try it. Didn't buy Helios, but I do have a Meteor. That little beast is hard to drive.
That's a prototype though. Things can and do change with prototype models and I'm totally fine with not knowing driver info, because it's not a finished product.

I'm saying that drivers info / specs / count should be prominently displayed on product pages of finished products IEM manufacturers want people to buy. It should not be hidden or absent on product pages.

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:31 PM Post #185 of 231
I wanted to make sure I chime in here and say that I wholeheartedly agree with @Click on his impressions of the Titan. I think once that set comes out, assuming Symphonium doesn't change too much about the tuning, it'll be the new benchmark basshead IEM for the community at/under $1000. Not only is it massive in scale, but it is incredibly textured and fast so sub-bass rumble is incredibly fun, and mid-bass slam actually SLAMS without sacrificing on anything else. The treble also sounded pretty airy to my ears with plenty of details to boot.

I'm genuinely looking forward to the full release, hopefully within the next month or so.

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #186 of 231
Was eyeing the Titan the whole time I was demo'ing the Storm and Singularity, wondering what that cool-looking blue IEM was. They asked if I wanted to hear an IEM with more bass and more forward vocals than the Singularity and I'm like sure. So glad they asked if I wanted to demo the Titan before I was about to get up and give up my spot.

Symphonium guys said their plan is to get it released by Singapore CanJam, which is in 3 weeks. I wish them luck with this release. It's going to be a huge hit in my opinion. I don't normally get hyped for an expensive IEM, besides Monarch MKIII, but the Titan is it. It's that good.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #187 of 231
Was eyeing the Titan the whole time I was demo'ing the Storm and Singularity, wondering what that cool-looking blue IEM was. They asked if I wanted to hear an IEM with more bass and more forward vocals than the Singularity and I'm like sure. So glad they asked if I wanted to demo the Titan before I was about to get up and give up my spot.

Symphonium guys said their plan is to get it released by Singapore CanJam, which is in 3 weeks. I wish them luck with this release. It's going to be a huge hit in my opinion. I don't normally get hyped for an expensive IEM, besides Monarch MKIII, but the Titan is it. It's that good.
dude, are you me? LOL I'm the same way, I almost never get hyped for expensive IEMs, the Monarch MK3 was the last one that had me on the edge of my seat. I was able to try out the Mon 3, and ultimately, I decided I just preferred my pair of MK2 over them. So that urge went away completely. Titan is one that I tried and instantly knew I needed to own them.

Seriously looking forward to owning a pair...

Mar 14, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #188 of 231
Yes.

Mar 14, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #189 of 231
dude, are you me? LOL I'm the same way, I almost never get hyped for expensive IEMs, the Monarch MK3 was the last one that had me on the edge of my seat. I was able to try out the Mon 3, and ultimately, I decided I just preferred my pair of MK2 over them. So that urge went away completely. Titan is one that I tried and instantly knew I needed to own them.

Seriously looking forward to owning a pair...
Can you two stop making me excited? I’m already excited enough that Crimson is coming my way to review

Mar 14, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #190 of 231
Can you two stop making me excited? I’m already excited enough that Crimson is coming my way to review
No! All aboard the Titan hype train! 😄

Mar 14, 2024 at 4:06 AM Post #191 of 231
Hey guys, just wanted to share the news that following the overwhelmingly positive feedback from CanJam NYC, the tuning of the Titan has been finalized.
That is to say, there won't be any further changes to sound from the Demo at CanJam NYC.

If anything, we will just be fine tuning the manufacturing process and getting ready the other miscellaneous stuff prior to launch.

A friend of mine makes IEMs himself and I asked him some time ago why some IEMs need a lot of power.
This question was related to the Crimson as I assumed that only BA drivers are installed here.
He said that it is often a sign that a lot of effort has been put into it with resistors etc. He sees it as a very positive sign when an IEM is harder to drive.

I have to admit that Symphonium Audio already has my sympathy.
An IEM maker in my circle also confirms that these hard to drive Singaporean IEMs have quite complex crossover circuitry.

Though in the flathead earbuds world, there were some scammers putting additional resistors to make cheap drivers hard to drive 😂

Our design philosophy has always been audio first from the start.

Unfortunately this means that we have to accept several technical limitations in order to achieve the standard of sound that we want.
Which is why most of our IEMs designs are relatively low impedance and low sensitivity; thus a bit hard on lower powered sources and/or sources not optimized for low impedance. So TLDR it's not that we don't want our IEMs to be higher impedance and easily drivable; its just not possible without compromising sound in the process and that's not a compromise we want.

Some of our quality engineering can be seen through measurements, as in the case of FLAT (our linear impedance tech).
We invite anyone to independently measure our IEMs with FLAT technology (Storm, Crimson, Helios, Triton) for linear impedance, as a few in the community already have.

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Mar 14, 2024 at 4:41 AM Post #192 of 231
Hey guys, just wanted to share the news that following the overwhelmingly positive feedback from CanJam NYC, the tuning of the Titan has been finalized.
That is to say, there won't be any further changes to sound from the Demo at CanJam NYC.

If anything, we will just be fine tuning the manufacturing process and getting ready the other miscellaneous stuff prior to launch.
Good to know. Can't wait for the launch.

Mar 14, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #193 of 231
Our design philosophy has always been audio first from the start.

Unfortunately this means that we have to accept several technical limitations in order to achieve the standard of sound that we want.
Which is why most of our IEMs designs are relatively low impedance and low sensitivity; thus a bit hard on lower powered sources and/or sources not optimized for low impedance. So TLDR it's not that we don't want our IEMs to be higher impedance and easily drivable; its just not possible without compromising sound in the process and that's not a compromise we want.

I’m actually happy that Symphonium IEMs are hard to drive. No more hissing and they make good reasons to own and use high end DAP and amps.

Some of our quality engineering can be seen through measurements, as in the case of FLAT (our linear impedance tech).
We invite anyone to independently measure our IEMs with FLAT technology (Storm, Crimson, Helios, Triton) for linear impedance, as a few in the community already have.

I intend to do so. Learning how to measure impedance at the moment.

Mar 14, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #194 of 231
Nahhhhhhh, dude, you need it. Trust me... This set is worth the hype imo. I'm pretty damn confident that once people start getting their hands on pairs, my opinion will be validated. Happy listening with the Crimsons, they clicked for me last night at home. It was an eye opening moment... They're so clean, so crisp and expertly tuned for fantastic techs with a surprisingly satisfying sub bass boost. Looking forward to your thoughts!
Amazing. I can't wait. So happy you guys didn't change a thing. Looking forward to the release!

Mar 14, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #195 of 231

Per the apple website: APP2 uses a "Custom high-excursion Apple driver"

Heaven forbid they use an orange one.

Drivers and driver specs mean nothing without knowledge of the implementation, which is typically not shared for plenty of reasons. Using your ears is much more effective. Typically

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back