T+A HiFi - HA 200 (Headphone Amp & DAC Combo) - Official Discussion Thread
Jan 1, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #61 of 73
I sometimes hear a single "click" from the chassis whilst it's turned on and warming up, or cooling down when in standby. No other sounds though, other than a quiet hum.
Yeah it happens only in the first 30 minutes after being turned on, thanks for the reply!

Apr 27, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #63 of 73
This is one beautiful amp. However, I have to wonder how the lack of analog inputs affect your listening. It seems like that would be a no-brainer and not really a hard thing to add to the back. Maybe the lack space on the inside or something had them avoid it, but I would think there would be no shortage of input and output selections.

When I'm looking at this and then I look at Violectric or SPL Phonitor which would be hard-pressed to think which is a better purchasing option the T&A has some serious competition for a lot less price.

I have never had the option to be able to actually to compare all three well not the T and A. Maybe some of you have because they are also as well. German built and of a same styling. They also have a very solid reputation among audiophiles and when considering devices I am sure these must have been options for you. I am curious if any of you were able to compare them and what made your purchasing decision. I tell you just for the looks alone. I would buy this thing but it's got to pass the sound test also.

Apr 27, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #64 of 73
This is one beautiful amp. However, I have to wonder how the lack of analog inputs affect your listening. It seems like that would be a no-brainer and not really a hard thing to add to the back. Maybe the lack space on the inside or something had them avoid it, but I would think there would be no shortage of input and output selections.

When I'm looking at this and then I look at Violectric or SPL Phonitor which would be hard-pressed to think which is a better purchasing option the T&A has some serious competition for a lot less price.

I have never had the option to be able to actually to compare all three well not the T and A. Maybe some of you have because they are also as well. German built and of a same styling. They also have a very solid reputation among audiophiles and when considering devices I am sure these must have been options for you. I am curious if any of you were able to compare them and what made your purchasing decision. I tell you just for the looks alone. I would buy this thing but it's got to pass the sound test also.
HA 200 has 2 analogue inputs

Apr 27, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #65 of 73
HA 200 has 2 analogue inputs
Yeah I seen those but I anticipated a little more options. I don't know. I guess for the price I expected a little more robust feature set in terms of in and out options.

Apr 27, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #66 of 73
Only HP outs. No preamp outs... Well you could use the HP outs. for it. But, yes for this price point I expected also more. So went to look for others.

Apr 28, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #70 of 73
Anyone else with the FM8 remote control finding the battery charge poor? Mine only goes for a couple of sessions (with low use) before needing a recharge. It’s been like this since new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back