THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Apr 24, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #3,136 of 3,207
The HD800s at times is too bright and thin for my sounding at times. I prefer the composer if its VS the HD800s. That said for me, I have other headphones that I will prefer if the aim is to kick back and listen. But it still doesn't change the review I did, it's still a comfortable pair with a good sound worthy of a flagship.

If you are into the sound signature, the HD800s still is an awesome headphone and maybe infront of the composer. Everyone got a preference and also different tolerance to things like overly strong bass, hot treble, sibilance and sounding shouty :)

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #3,138 of 3,207
The HD800s at times is too bright and thin for my sounding at times. I prefer the composer if its VS the HD800s. That said for me, I have other headphones that I will prefer if the aim is to kick back and listen. But it still doesn't change the review I did, it's still a comfortable pair with a good sound worthy of a flagship.
Sorry but composer is very bright too. so much that it’s unlistenable for me.

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #3,139 of 3,207
Sorry but composer is very bright too. so much that it’s unlistenable for me.

Yeah and that may be the case for some. I have heard many headphones and not every time you agree something is good or bad really.

It's possible to tame some signature with amp and dacs, but if it's not for you, there's still plenty of other headphones out there.

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:17 AM Post #3,140 of 3,207

If you are into the sound signature, the HD800s still is an awesome headphone and maybe infront of the composer. Everyone got a preference and also different tolerance to things like overly strong bass, hot treble, sibilance and sounding shouty :)
Although there are many differences, both headphones were developed to a reference type of sound. At the time the HD800 came out other then the SR007, no other totl headphones did much bass. Both the hD800S and Composer are brighter headphones and are trying to give you a lot of visibilty deep into the mix. I find the treble on the HD800S a little smoother while being a little more peaky (if that makes any sense at all LOL), but the over all presentation is more diffuse than the composer.

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #3,141 of 3,207
are you surprised? I mean...of course he's going to shill for the company he totally does not get any financial incentive from
Interesting. I guess you can offer some kind of proof for that grave accusation?

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #3,142 of 3,207
are you surprised? I mean...of course he's going to shill for the company he totally does not get any financial incentive from
What's the point of making ad hominem attacks? It doesn't have anything to do with headphones nor does it make head-fi more fun or increase the sense of comraderie. I suppose some people get a weird social media type endorphin hit... Let's try to stay on The merits and demerits of The Composer.

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #3,143 of 3,207
Composer is behind 800s. for sure I listened to both. Resolve is amazing he’s like my Avatar in terms of sound. I’m glad he’s a guy who I’m 100 percent confident because he knows what good sound is(the real golden ear). and convince me to audio is amazing too because blind people have so much better hearing so 100 percent trust in this guy. pseudo reviewers or fanboys from Austria doesn’t matter but they are funny to read. It’s like Thiem. big talk but on the court bad performance.
Who is blind? Resolve? You?

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #3,144 of 3,207

I am sufficiently rewarded for my incentives..... in the form of being allowed to test some things before its offical😎
And if I like it, I'll say so in my own way... as I have done with one or the other models in the past😉

NOMAX

PS.and what I am currently enjoying and testing and why I am so very satisfied.......all at the right time later this year 👍

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #3,145 of 3,207
Composer is behind 800s. for sure I listened to both. Resolve is amazing he’s like my Avatar in terms of sound. I’m glad he’s a guy who I’m 100 percent confident because he knows what good sound is(the real golden ear). and convince me to audio is amazing too because blind people have so much better hearing so 100 percent trust in this guy. pseudo reviewers or fanboys from Austria doesn’t matter but they are funny to read. It’s like Thiem. big talk but on the court bad
I’m sure Sennheiser is better if you don’t care much about bass in your music. I do

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #3,146 of 3,207
Of course, the most important thing is to be able to perceive as much as possible of what is on the recording😉
...and that doesn't include a roll off as the HD800S does have 😂

NOMAX

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #3,149 of 3,207
In conclusion 😃 there are way more people out there that say that the Composer is good, actually very good for it's price, then those that don't find them " high end " enough.

Let's see what they say when......... ,can't wait to see the faces then 😁😉
(And those who sold it...will probably buy it again🤣)

NOMAX

PS.Nice day to all Head Fi Members 👍

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #3,150 of 3,207
I’m sure Sennheiser is better if you don’t care much about bass in your music. I do
I am sufficiently rewarded for my incentives..... in the form of being allowed to test some things before its offical😎
And if I like it, I'll say so in my own way... as I have done with one or the other models in the past😉

NOMAX

PS.and what I am currently enjoying and testing and why I am so very satisfied.......all at the right time later this year 👍

Let's see what they say when......... ,can't wait to see the faces then 😁😉
(And those who sold it...will probably buy it again🤣)

NOMAX

PS.Nice day to all Head Fi Members 👍
Or maybe they don’t regret because they don’t like the sound(thin and bright). I thought (as you said) they are perfect so what to improve? that’s kind of funny. a perfect headphone gets an update to get even… what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back