THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Apr 24, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #3,153 of 3,207
not for me. that was the first thing that came in my mind when listening to them (2 times). and yes things can get even better (I hope AA composer will) otherwise there’s a dark future for a 2,5k headphones which sound like a tin can.
Since you're the only one who relates the Composer to a tin can, I'd suggest marking your characterizations clearly as your personal impressions, not stating them as facts.

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #3,155 of 3,207
not for me. that was the first thing that came in my mind when listening to them (2 times). and yes things can get even better (I hope AA composer will) otherwise there’s a dark future for a 2,5k headphones which sound like a tin can.
The composer is anything but thin and bright. At least to my ears. I suggest you try it with a tube amp if you have a bright sounding amp.

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #3,156 of 3,207
@Purzel ...maybe you if you don’t see it.

So if it's me, who is blind, I am the one , who can here better und your posting was only confused babble?
Man, you really get stucked in a loop, by repeating that you don't like the Composer. That's you right and your taste, but please stop beliefing that's the truth. By doing this you are making fun of yourself, because your behavior is the same you are complaining about.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #3,157 of 3,207
Since purzel is the only one so negative about the product I wonder if he got a defective unit??

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #3,158 of 3,207
Since purzel is the only one so negative about the product I wonder if he got a defective unit??
To my knowledge he never owned it, but only heard it twice. I understand when one doesn’t like a headphone on first contact, checks again, still doesn’t like it, maybe posts to that effect and moves on. But becoming obsessed with that headphone? There’s better use for one’s time I would think. Obviously I’m wrong here :wink:

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #3,159 of 3,207
To my knowledge he never owned it, but only heard it twice. I understand when one doesn’t like a headphone on first contact, checks again, still doesn’t like it, maybe posts to that effect and moves on. But becoming obsessed with that headphone? There’s better use for one’s time I would think. Obviously I’m wrong here :wink:
Maybe he listened to defective unit or defective amp?

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #3,161 of 3,207
Maybe he listened to defective unit or defective amp?

Maybe he didn't like the price? He needs to tell us how long he listened to the unit.
Your propositions show more interest than I’m willing to invest into a futile act. He just wants to bash a product because Nomax likes it… evading questions that would show this motivation clearly.

So let’s move on. This characterization is so obviously far off what others hear in the Composer that I don’t see value in discussing it any further.

Apr 24, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #3,162 of 3,207
Thin and bright is simply a mischaracterization.
And yes, things can get even better.

What is really better?
Is different better?
The listener must answer this question for himself 👍

If you proceed with caution, you can offer a other coridor which should be always a balanced performance to the listeners ears a different perception
And that is where the great art and work of the acoustician lies in creating this
I have given my expertise and assessment of what I hear now and how I perceive it with the Composer to Team AA

NOMAX

PS.One of the reasons why some in this industrie keep asking me to do the tests is that I don't have a measuring rig at home
I myself i am curious to see how this shows up in the measurements and how far I am right or wrong with my assessment😎
And for me personally,....I have my answer 😉
(With a bit of luck and confidence you will find these in few months for yourself without having to invest huge amounts of money in cables/dacs/amps)

Lol🤪

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #3,163 of 3,207
Guys, why don’t you just hit the „IGNORE“ button so you won’t get bored by purzel over and over again? If I am honest I do get bored by you guys too who again and again answer to that person‘s trivial statements. He is a troll. Ignore him. Don’t ask him questions. Don’t answer him. Or he won’t leave this thread. You just don’t stop to feed him. I do not want read of him over and over again every 10 posts. Please, do me - do us - the favor! Thanks 🙏

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #3,164 of 3,207
Did it. Thanks for the hint.

Apr 24, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #3,165 of 3,207
What is really better?
Is different better?
The listener must answer this question for himself 👍

If you proceed with caution, you can offer a other coridor which should be always a balanced performance to the listeners ears a different perception
And that is where the great art and work of the acoustician lies in creating this
I have given my expertise and assessment of what I hear now and how I perceive it with the Composer to Team AA

NOMAX

PS.One of the reasons why some in this industrie keep asking me to do the tests is that I don't have a measuring rig at home
I myself i am curious to see how this shows up in the measurements and how far I am right or wrong with my assessment😎
And for me personally,....I have my answer 😉
(With a bit of luck and confidence you will find these in few months for yourself without having to invest huge amounts of money in cables/dacs/amps)

Lol🤪
Nomax, is the new thing from AA you're talking about able to be used on already purchased Composer headphones (like new earpads or cables)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back