The discovery thread!
Dec 10, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #68,656 of 103,238
Dec 10, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #68,657 of 103,238
i have final type-e, i'll try it
*Final type-e boosted the bass quite fair bit, it tame the treble nearly as good as the foam.
---
btw have anyone tried "XINHS 8 Core Silver Blue Modular Upgrade Cable"?
is it good and durable? its modular and relatively cheap, at $20-ish (apparently cheaper than ali pricing which at $30 ish)

1670659870240.png
It seems there is no lock mechanism

Dec 10, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #68,658 of 103,238
Bro I would strongly suggest to save your money and not buy these "DIY" pirated ETYs, Final Audio, Sennheiser and Campfire stuff from Aliexpress/Taobao.

I bought a DIY Sennheiser IEM before from Aliexpress.

It looks like the exact IEM, but the sound is : BASS Mids Treble

I thought those pirated Beats IEMs from a night bazaar was crap, this pirated Sennheiser is like 100x worse LOLOL.

Bro, should have given her this CVJ Shine IEM thingy:

Shine.PNG

Diamonds (or pseudo diamonds) are a girl's best friend.
That is so aesthetically funny. CCA Lyra is somehow a diamond thing too? Cheaper and less arrogant looking at least

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #68,660 of 103,238
Some of us may not know what a strip club sounds like at any time, let alone at 3am, so translate that to sound for us.

The ST10 looks a treat for sore eyes, absolutely gorgeous, but it must have at least, passable sound quality to tempt my wallet.
Haha, yes that’s a very rare sympathetic occasion I had to metaphor, but it does sound like that. Or small night club with a capacity of 2 to 300 people playing this kind of EDM hotshots

The tuning is troublesome, but techs in the backend is that of high-end 10BA’s. I can’t recommend ST10 to anyone, but I can say it will provide a very unique experience, which matches well to digital music. Acoustic music also sounds unique, especially for songs like Great gate of Kiev by Berlin phil.

Since ST10 has wide diffusion, it generate head room akin to concert hall, and with sizable amount of bass, makes bass instruments presence very powerful. High density technicalities helps to render strings layering at TOTL level. If tuning was right, I can see this ST10 would have much more appreciation, unfortunately that didn’t happen and GS Audio decided to tune it to 3am strip club instead with a cost of sound image positioning.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #68,661 of 103,238
Nah, each to their own. Love that intense metallic red look. Have they said anything about the driver tech?
Marketing wise, I guess Tangzu is hitting younger generations for their product by See Audio collaboration, from the tuning of their existing lines, that’s more meant to matured audience enjoining acoustic genre more.
Meanwhile See Audio’s marketing strategy is obviously targeting younger generations, 100% Waifu (Rinko) backed advertising ambassador, J-POP specialized IEM tuning.
Those two’s chemical reaction is something entertaining.

My bet is Shimin Li may be retuned to like lower-mid-bass floor ones like Bravery(rather dry-neutral), even to Yume II(dry-neutral). Where Tangzu’s Big boss ( Steve Tong, I saw him on Youtube’s comment the other day) generally liked higher mid-bass floor.

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #68,663 of 103,238
Haha, yes that’s a very rare sympathetic occasion I had to metaphor, but it does sound like that. Or small night club with a capacity of 2 to 300 people playing this kind of EDM hotshots

The tuning is troublesome, but techs in the backend is that of high-end 10BA’s. I can’t recommend ST10 to anyone, but I can say it will provide a very unique experience, which matches well to digital music. Acoustic music also sounds unique, especially for songs like Great gate of Kiev by Berlin phil.

Since ST10 has wide diffusion, it generate head room akin to concert hall, and with sizable amount of bass, makes bass instruments presence very powerful. High density technicalities helps to render strings layering at TOTL level. If tuning was right, I can see this ST10 would have much more appreciation, unfortunately that didn’t happen and GS Audio decided to tune it to 3am strip club instead with a cost of sound image positioning.

Great description of one to avoid. Thanks from me and my wallet.

Dec 10, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #68,665 of 103,238
Sooo, what's wrong with the IKKO Asgard OH5?

Well..., nothing really, I think it is an excellent L-shaped set, the best and most pleasant I've heard in that vein certainly. :)

Dec 10, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #68,666 of 103,238
DSC00598.JPG

No end to the packages. Though this bottom box I was looking foward to. Thing is Dope!
DSC00658.JPG

DSC00661.JPG

Dec 10, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #68,667 of 103,238
DSC00598.JPG
No end to the packages. Though this bottom box I was looking foward to. Thing is Dope!
DSC00658.JPG
DSC00661.JPG
The case looks sweet, I also have one on the way. A neat organizer for my IEMs and gear in current use.

Dec 10, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #68,668 of 103,238
11.5mm diameter is NOT large as far as I'm concerned. Too bad.

Got mine today. You’re correct. 11.5 is too small for L. They just barely fit my ears on longer stemmed sets. They sound really good, but they don’t stay sealed. Half a millimeter more in diameter (12mm) would make them perfect for me. The shape really does make them fit differently than more teardrop shaped tips. 12mm in these would fit like 13.5 size “standard” shape tips.

So, mixed review. Please, DUNU, make an XL version.

@Sebastien Chiu

Dec 10, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #68,669 of 103,238
Sooo, what's wrong with the IKKO Asgard OH5?

Well..., nothing really, I think it is an excellent L-shaped set, the best and most pleasant I've heard in that vein certainly. :)

Thanks for the first impressions! I understand it is marketed to use some novel lithium magnesium driver?

Generally, IKKO gear is quite well tuned, just that this IKKO OH5 is priced in a somewhat prohibitive price bracket to just do a blind purchase. How does it fare against similarly priced MidFI DDs in terms of technicalities?

Thanks in advance!

Dec 10, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #68,670 of 103,238
The case looks sweet, I also have one on the way. A neat organizer for my IEMs and gear in current use.

Where can I grab one of these boxes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back