The discovery thread!
Dec 10, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #68,686 of 103,325
The smallest and least obtrusive of those is the westone um pro 10's.

Since they're monitors they have little to no stage and they are tuned mid centric (almost DF like an ety) and should work well.

Here's some pics of it vs my old se215.

20181221_170600.jpg

20181221_170816.jpg

20181221_170757.jpg

They are tiny and super comfortable. Plus with the cables going over ear, she's much less likely to damage it. And the westone cables are fairly stout for how thin they are.

If she wants a slightly brighter or darker signature you can change the knowles filter in the nozzle as well. Since I know you can DIY.

Nice! I've never owned any Westone with less than 6 BAs and I didn't realize the 10s were so slim. She might actually like that better. Though she really seems to be liking the TRN M10 (cheap, but good 1BA+1DD) that I dropped yesterday for her to use.

Anyways, I'm headed to a late anniversary dinner with my girl and asking her to marry me. Wish me luck! 🤞

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #68,687 of 103,325
Nice! I've never owned any Westone with less than 6 BAs and I didn't realize the 10s were so slim. She might actually like that better. Though she really seems to be liking the TRN M10 (cheap, but good 1BA+1DD) that I dropped yesterday for her to use.

Anyways, I'm headed to a late anniversary dinner with my girl and asking her to marry me. Wish me luck! 🤞
Go get em tiger! Don’t accidentally present her an IEM :ksc75smile:

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:40 PM Post #68,688 of 103,325
Got mine today. You’re correct. 11.5 is too small for L. They just barely fit my ears on longer stemmed sets. They sound really good, but they don’t stay sealed. Half a millimeter more in diameter (12mm) would make them perfect for me. The shape really does make them fit differently than more teardrop shaped tips. 12mm in these would fit like 13.5 size “standard” shape tips.

So, mixed review. Please, DUNU, make an XL version.

@Sebastien Chiu
Now you're freaking me out! I got canyon sized ear holes! I bought two boxes of L. 😭

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #68,689 of 103,325
I think it will be more dependent on the nozzle length of IEMs. I just tried the Shuoer 12 pro and it has a shorter nozzle than most IEMs so the S&S tips dont work well. have to use Spiral dots on them in order to fit me. IEMS with medium to longer nozzles the S&S tips fit deeper and seals much better. So it will be more or less IEM dependent and your ear shapes.

For the IEMs that do work well with them, they are brilliant.

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #68,690 of 103,325

Make sure you let us know what she said?! :beerchug:

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #68,691 of 103,325

Best of luck bro! Let's hope for the bestest news!

Dec 11, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #68,693 of 103,325
Bro, should have given her this CVJ Shine IEM thingy:

Diamonds (or pseudo diamonds) are a girl's best friend.

make sure you bringing this !

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:25 AM Post #68,695 of 103,325
make sure you bringing this !

She gave me back the IEMs...

...but kept the ring and said yes anyways! 🤘😎

Now she's having some kinda female pow-wow with her mom, sisters, and all manner of friends/colleagues over zoom. I can't even really make out what's being said between all the crying, giggling, and stuff, but I think it's all good! 😂

Edit: And thanks for the well wishes fellas!

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 2:30 AM Post #68,696 of 103,325

Now she's having some kinda female pow-wow with her mom, sisters, and all manner of friends/colleagues over zoom. I can't even really make out what's being said between all the crying, giggling, and stuff, but I think it's all good! 😂

Dude, you are finally back. Congrats! All the bests to both of you.

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #68,697 of 103,325
Dude, you are finally back. Congrats! All the bests to both of you.

Thanks, bro! Dinner took a while because I took her to a very nice restaurant where they have a house piano and strings trio that is VERY good so we ended up doing some dancing while we were there.

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #68,698 of 103,325
Thanks, bro! Dinner took a while because I took her to a very nice restaurant where they have a house piano and strings trio that is VERY good so we ended up doing some dancing while we were there.
“There’s a peak in the treble somewhere...”

No but that does sound quite nice, especially with a sipper.

Dec 11, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #68,700 of 103,325

Gratz!
:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back