The discovery thread!
Dec 11, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #68,731 of 103,305
Same here on the past sloppy EQ. It made me very reluctant to use software EQ in these more modern times. But I found the the EQ system available in the Hiby softwear Hidizs uses it to be something entirely different and artfully nuanced in what it can do.

Right. The MSEB. It’s a very interesting take on system level EQ. I’ve played around with but I don’t use it much. “Artful” is a good way to describe the way it works.

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #68,732 of 103,305
Same here on the past sloppy EQ. It made me very reluctant to use software EQ in these more modern times. But I found the the EQ system available in the Hiby softwear Hidizs uses it to be something entirely different and artfully nuanced in what it can do.
Good to know! Like wireless, the technology could improve over the time, maybe I will try one of Hiby’s then👍

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #68,733 of 103,305
Update on the S&S tips:

They’re working on the Meaoes Eagle and the Tipsy Ttromso, both of which have relatively long nozzles. When they seal correctly they sound exceptionally good. Really natural and transparent. Very comfortable too. They’re so close to the correct size for me that even a couple mm would make them ideal. Like 11.8 or so. Regardless, unless and until DUNU chooses to make a larger size, these will absolutely stay on all my longer stem sets.
I look forward to trying them on the Eagles, but I do worry about whether the Dunu will be large enough now. The Eagles are now performing amazingly well with a set of the tips they shipped with. (They did dhip with a lot of tips!).

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #68,734 of 103,305
I look forward to trying them on the Eagles, but I do worry about whether the Dunu will be large enough now. The Eagles are now performing amazingly well with a set of the tips they shipped with. (They did dhip with a lot of tips!).

Truth. I had good luck with the included tips too.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the S&S tips. My ears are big. I have trouble with most “L” tips on the left side. Also note that the S&S tips do seem to expand a little when they warm up, so I’ve had luck holding them in place for a few seconds while they do that.

I think the issue really is exclusive to short nozzle sets for me. I just put them on the Fan 2 (the longest nozzles I have right now) and they fit great.

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #68,735 of 103,305
Not sure if these have been mentioned here yet, a new dual dynamic driver from MA Audio and collaborating with Liquid Links cables. $1,390 so certainly not cheap, and while I didn’t have to sell any body parts to jump in, I did unfortunately have to sell one set, Softears Twilight.

7F3001DF-CCFE-4E84-BB0E-436B737CD966.jpeg
They look like open IEMs. Looking forward to your experiences and how they'd be compared to Ikko OH5 and others.

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #68,736 of 103,305
They look like open IEMs. Looking forward to your experiences and how they'd be compared to Ikko OH5 and others.

I don't think they are - they do indeed look like it though. There were impressions posted HERE - further photos show where they have two small vents. Yeah very excited to try them, certainly seems they'll have excellent bass... I sort of dropped bass as a priority for a while, but the bass-head in me has arisen again, and I can't help but get excited about the prospect of a set that excels in that regard!

Dec 11, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #68,737 of 103,305
Not sure if these have been mentioned here yet, a new dual dynamic driver from MA Audio and collaborating with Liquid Links cables. $1,390 so certainly not cheap, and while I didn’t have to sell any body parts to jump in, I did unfortunately have to sell one set, Softears Twilight.

7F3001DF-CCFE-4E84-BB0E-436B737CD966.jpeg

1CC1A8DE-47E6-4D69-86A6-65E21293F1F8.png
$1,300 for a dual dynamic? For a start up? IT WAS NICE KNOWING YOU FOR THIS ONE POST. :wink:

Dec 11, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #68,738 of 103,305
Dec 11, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #68,739 of 103,305
TRI Clarion arrived.

Silicone material is a little bit harder than the ones used on SpinFit’s CP100 series, but fairly close in terms of softness and stickiness.

Bore size is as wide as 6mm, with horn type acoustic diffuser shape facing outward to minimize sound wave interference, diffuser is slightly sloped not as big as ones you find in Spiral Dots, but it does the job.

It will reduce bass quantity in exchange of natural diffusion of mid and upper. It will help improve in Imaging capabilities, especially for those you feel the ones with a little excessive bass floor.

For the price tag of less than $10, I guess will need more of Clarion pairs. Good ear tips!

Top: Moondrop Spring Tip (wide bore, soft silicone, no horn shaped diffuser)
Bottom: TRI Clarion (wide bore, medium silicone, horn shape diffuser )
To my experience, stiffness of the silicone material will impact how fast bass range transients will decay, stiffer the quicker, softer the slower.

Application examples:
Westone W80: W80 is 90% inclined to mid-bass-lower mid, by applying Clarion, you can tame mid-bass and increase technical capabilities for upper registers.

KZ AST: same situation, KZ AST has somewhat very dark signatures, Clarion will fit well retune it

Softears RSV: RSV is “Reference Sound” 5, the non-base floors are tuned to Perceived Diffusion Field neutral except slightly spiced up bass slope to prevent RSV to sound dead flat. Clarion will make RSV to sound dead flat, it will work for monitoring purpose, if not a little dead sounding.

GS Audio ST10: another too basshead inclined odd-ball. However Clarion and ST10’s subwoofer Sonion 38 AcuPass is not a good match in terms of Timbre, same applied to DUNU SA6 which uses the same AcuPass Sonion 38.

See Audio Bravery: Bravery is a mixture of warm neutral (Anole VX, SA6) and U-shape. It has a sizable sub-bass boost which sometime you may feel no use for that, Clarion has a good match with Bravery. It will tone down sub-bass to a OK level and boost somehow recessed upper mid compared to the ones that follow harman curve, It will somehow retune Bravery to more harman-neutral set with great overall coherency.

C841A9A5-68C4-4491-AEFA-F32D5A4E1B16.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #68,740 of 103,305
Right. The MSEB. It’s a very interesting take on system level EQ. I’ve played around with but I don’t use it much. “Artful” is a good way to describe the way it works.
I would love to be able to use MSEB, as I enjoyed it quite a bit, but most of you kn ow why I can't. Too bad.

Dec 11, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #68,741 of 103,305
I didn't mean you. I'd hope we see more of you in the future lol I mean this company trying to be Campfire or Softears. Those are rarities. The majority of these Kilobuck start ups are forgotten and bankrupt within a year.

Dec 11, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #68,742 of 103,305

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221209_144157_HiByMusic.jpg
    Screenshot_20221209_144157_HiByMusic.jpg
    772 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #68,743 of 103,305
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-kima-latest-single-dynamic-driver-iems.26104/review/29744/
1670808579501.png
Dunu Kima is the opposite side tonality wise of the Dunu Titan S. Its smooth natural slightly warm nature is actually balanced better than their prior Titan S. For folks that have these, don't be afraid to throw these on an amp. These sound fantastic on an amp as they scale like crazy. Single dynamics for the price are getting so good. The bar keeps on getting raised at the price. The 100$ segment is seeing competition like we have never seen before.

Dec 11, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #68,744 of 103,305
why fiio bluetooth mode with my phone is outputting more volume than wired connection to my laptop?
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-kima-latest-single-dynamic-driver-iems.26104/review/29744/
1670808579501.png
Dunu Kima is the opposite side tonality wise of the Dunu Titan S. Its smooth natural slightly warm nature is actually balanced better than their prior Titan S. For folks that have these, don't be afraid to throw these on an amp. These sound fantastic on an amp as they scale like crazy. Single dynamics for the price are getting so good. The bar keeps on getting raised at the price. The 100$ segment is seeing competition like we have never seen before.
How was it compared to the old king, OG lcp Aria?

Dec 11, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #68,745 of 103,305
why fiio bluetooth mode with my phone is outputting more volume than wired connection to my laptop?

How was it compared to the old king, OG lcp Aria?
Good question. Seems the Kima was made to compete with the Aria. Similar tunings it looks like as well. Never had the Aria so can't say. I bet someone can chime in and let you know however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back