The discovery thread!
Dec 9, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #68,611 of 101,352
I really like my T3+ so these look like they have a shot at being pretty good. Graphs don't tell the whole story, but this certainly gives a positive indication.
Good to hear that positive feedback. I have no exposures to TinHifi, but considering ali price going for $23, it’s a nice try I may grab one.

Actually Just ordered one of C2 on Aliexpress.
Then Ali recommended TRN’s 10mm Planar + 1BA Xuanwu as hot deals for $24….hmm it looks TRN-V

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #68,612 of 101,352
Got my Aful Performer 5 in. Before I listen, I think some reviewers or Aful has some explaining to do.
Check out the pic of my old TRN BAX.
Check out the pic of the AFUL Performer 5.
Notice something familar?
Either AFUL is TRN, an offshoot of TRN, contracted TRN to make the box (which is identical in layout and size to the BAX box), or things are a little too oddly familar.

Anyone have any more insight?
bax.jpg

aful.jpg

Dec 9, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #68,613 of 101,352
Dec 9, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #68,614 of 101,352
Got my Aful Performer 5 in. Before I listen, I think some reviewers or Aful has some explaining to do.
Either AFUL is TRN, an offshoot of TRN, contracted TRN to make the box (which is identical in layout and size to the BAX box), or things are a little too oddly familar.
But they don't 'sound' the same, right?

My guess is the box is just coming out of the same factory, meaning the manufacturers are ordering whatever boxes are available for cheap.

Dec 9, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #68,615 of 101,352
But they don't 'sound' the same, right?

My guess is the box is just coming out of the same factory, meaning the manufacturers are ordering whatever boxes are available for cheap.
They sound different. I like the Aful right out of the box quite a bit. The BAX not so much.

Seeing the nearly exact same case, box, inner bottom layout, and possibly a TRN cable in the case caught my attention. I've only seen this box layout with TRN, and Aful did come out of nowhere recently. Could just be a similar cheap box, case... but the cable being a TRN cable would make sense.
Interested to find out if there is any connection between Aful and TRN

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #68,616 of 101,352

Anyone have any more insight?
bax.jpg
aful.jpg
Just a screen logo on a generic case no conspiracy here.

Dec 9, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #68,617 of 101,352
Aful did come out of nowhere recently.
I'm more concerned with their name... is it

A-full

Awful

or A-fool?

I guess we'll be the judges.

Dec 9, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #68,619 of 101,352
Interested to find out if there is any connection between Aful and TRN

Plot twist: all Chi-Fi manufacturers and retailers are related *x-files theme intensifies*

Dec 9, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #68,621 of 101,352
I actually don’t know which package was dropped off though lol
Your posts make me wonder if you think you're texting the wife...

Also, please pick up milk.

Dec 9, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #68,623 of 101,352
Good to hear that positive feedback. I have no exposures to TinHifi, but considering ali price going for $23, it’s a nice try I may grab one.

Actually Just ordered one of C2 on Aliexpress.
Then Ali recommended TRN’s 10mm Planar + 1BA Xuanwu as hot deals for $24….hmm it looks TRN-V
I have a few Tin Hifi IEMs. Their official store on AE does quite a few good flash deals outside of regular sales.

T2, T3+, T4 and P1 Max are all good. T2 and P1 Max are more mid-centric, T3+ and T4 more V shaped. T1s was a bit dark, so I gave it to a friend at work who is sensitive to treble, she loves them. I am a little curious about the new C2 and C3, but not as much as the TRN Xuanwu.

Dec 9, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #68,624 of 101,352
WOW! Time flies when your having fun and burning holes in your wallet! @Dsnuts created this thread on Dec 24th 2011! So we're a couple weeks away from 11 years! I've been here on and off and with a couple accts for the entirety of this threads life. I think it started with the Panasonics or the FX40's or something like that? Whodda thunk it that this would still be alive and vibrant as it is 11 years later, when so many other threads have gone the way of the dinosaurs! Cheers and congrats!

Dec 9, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #68,625 of 101,352

Users who are viewing this thread

Back