The Fiio X3 Thread.
Feb 26, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #16,936 of 17,484
You certainly seem to know the X3 inside out! Yes, it does exactly what you said, the circle keeps on turning, but the track number stops counting after a point. So how long do you think I would have to wait? And yes, the tracks all seem to play fine wi
thout any issues, while playing from folders that is.

Thanks

I have around 4800 tracks. When it gets to over 2000, that is where it stops showing them for me. I have to wait a few minutes but you need to keep looking at the screen. In the end, it will tell you but it only shows how many tracks it has updated for about a second. Another way to find out how many tracks you have is by going to the system settings and selecting "about X3" and it will show you the total number of songs without having to wait there.

When it is updating the media, you just need to wait for a while. It will also depend on what format you mainly have. If the tracks are flacs or wavs, they will take up more space and take longer for the X3 to update the media library.

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #16,937 of 17,484
I have around 4800 tracks. When it gets to over 2000, that is where it stops showing them for me. I have to wait a few minutes but you need to keep looking at the screen. In the end, it will tell you but it only shows how many tracks it has updated for about a second. Another way to find out how many tracks you have is by going to the system settings and selfctins "about X3" and it will show you the total number of songs without having to wait there.

When it is updating the media, you just need to wait for a while. It will also depend on what format you mainly have. If the tracks are flacs or wavs, they will take up more space and take loger for the X3 to update the media library.

Thanks for your inputs, shall try updating the library again later.

Cheers

Feb 26, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #16,938 of 17,484
Folks, my 64gb card (san disk ultra class 10) isn't scanning media library after I copied some new music from my friend's collection. It stops after scanning around 1450 tracks and gets stuck. Although folders are perfect, and that's the way I have to play my music now. Could this be a track info or properties problem?

What would be the easiest way out? Thanks

Does the circle indicating the media library is updating keep spinning as if it it still scanning or does it actually look like it has stopped/frozen? The X3 does eventually stop showing what track number it is up to but it often is still actually counting up if the circle is still spinning. You just need to wait and eventually it will say a random number of tracks has been undated.

Are your tracks playing properly?

The x3 does seem to freeze at the end of an update. Mine will count the tracks (~4000) then blank out for a minute or so. The animation continues while this happens, just no text anymore. I think it was mentioned in the gen 2 thread this happens because its writing the database, but I can't say for sure.
If it stays blank for more then a couple of minutes then its possible that one (or more) of your files is corrupt or has bad tags. There is a util that can check the files to see if they're corrupt (search this thread, you should find a link). As far as tags go, I use dbpoweramp (mp3tags works too) to remove all but the essential tags to be sure the x3 isn't getting tripped up by them.

Feb 28, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #16,939 of 17,484
I bought a 200 GB Sandisk card from Amazon at Christmas time when they dropped the price to $99. (I read about it here) It works just fine in my X3 with no sadness whatsoever. It's a great thing. I started out using a microSD to SD adapter and that worked swell too. But these little bitty 200 GB jobs are just the best thing. No mp3s for me thank very much.

Feb 29, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #16,941 of 17,484
Some news about the X3 (yes, *this* X3, not the X3 2nd gen):

We have made a major upgrade to the Windows DAC drivers--from the ancient v1.61 to the shiniest latest v3.34! Thank you Thesycon for working with us to work out the licensing plan for their latest and greatest! :D

The improvements are too many to list right now (but we'd do our best to list them all anyway in the coming official announcement :p )--right now you may just download it and see for yourself. One major point that should be obvious to any Windows 8 and 10 user--it comes with a brand-spanking new fully working Windows signature certificate! Hallelujah :cool:

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqz14rnt6at8q1o/FiiO%20USB%20DAC%20Driver%20v3.34.0.zip?dl=0

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 29, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #16,943 of 17,484
  Thanks Joe.. what about firmware upgrade? is there any surprise final final firmware upgrade :p

Id' be happy to see some of the newest 2nd gen features trickle down to us lowly 1st gen users too
wink_face.gif
Please… I'll be your friend…

Mar 2, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #16,945 of 17,484
Hey guys, does anyone know where I can download fw 3.4 for 1'st gen X3? I have fw 3.0 and I'm only getting a "changelog" when I tried to download fw 3.4 on the  Fiio site. Any help will be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Mar 3, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #16,947 of 17,484
Mar 4, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #16,949 of 17,484
Does anybody know how to "recalibrate" the battery indicator.
Mine shows cca 30% capacity left, when in fact the battery is flat ...

What firmware do you have? There was one firmware (3.22b) i think that had a percentage that showed the battery level. That was known to be very unreliable.

Are you using a firmwhere where bars in the battery indicator show the rough percentage? If you are using this, I don't know what you can do about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back