The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Oct 2, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #1,906 of 8,352
See people should listen to me more often....

BUY YOUR S500 FROM "MADE IN JAPAN ONLINE STOREFRONT" AMAZON STORE!!!

They ship EXPRESS and you get tracking every step of the way. Then there is no mystery on where your stuff is . Took 3 days to get to Los Angeles from Japan (another 4 days in LAX slowass customs)

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #1,908 of 8,352
Mine have finally arrived \o/ \o/ will try them for a few minutes at lunch :) :)

offtopic can anyone ID this headphone amp and if it's any good or should i be looking to get a new amp? I bought it a few years ago and can't find the specs :frowning2:

it's an OPA2227 chip in there

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #1,910 of 8,352
Quote:
My headphones will arrive today! then post impressions!

Keep us updated. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #1,911 of 8,352
Oh yea? How about after this.? Oh yes. These will be owned by me.

Somehow I cant believe too much hype because liquid crystal polymer still means is plastic to me. I guess time will tell.
Does eveyone have the consensus that s500+ ath pleathers = Or > s400… or is it the other way around? :)

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #1,912 of 8,352
Don't know I am still waiting for my HA-S400. Can't wait to try them out. I have a feeling some of the pads I was using with HA-S500 will sound even better on the HA-S400.

The reason why I am excited about Sony's newest. Sony as of late has been pushed around. Sony as a name brand doesn't necessarily excite now a days but I have a feeling that is about to change. We are talking about one of the premiere power house Japanese manufacturers. These guys take pride in what they do and audio is a big part of what Sony does. Sony can't sit around with the amount of resources they have not to produce exciting stuff. I know no one has heard these headphones well minus Jude and I can say I am a Sony fan boy and it saddened me when they somewhat botched the whole XBA line. It will take a few trys but I believe in Sony. They need to hit one out of the park and if their new headphones don't do it then I have no idea when they will. I do expect these headphones to be worth the cash and then some. We will see. Too many new greatness around the corner.

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #1,914 of 8,352
Oct 2, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #1,916 of 8,352
I thought they were pretty good. I'm looking forward to the 400. 

I mentioned in my email to them that I thought 500 was good and they should bring it in to the US. 

We'll see. 

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #1,917 of 8,352
Quote:

I mentioned in my email to them that I thought 500 was good and they should bring it in to the US. 

We'll see. 

Thanks Tyll for the graph. does the pad affects the graphs? because most of us are not using stock pads no more.  the bass is to much for must of us with stock pads.

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #1,919 of 8,352
Quote:

We'll see. 

Frequency response looks pretty good and matches up fairly well how I heard them. Bass level is high and the mids behaves decently and also a nice treble response between 5-10K. I wonder about the little dip around 500 Hz could that be related to the pads?

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #1,920 of 8,352
can someone please could explain us that dont know nothing about these graphs what do they mean?  what i am getting is that its starts more or less "flat" then takes a dip once the mid highs starts.. thats good or bad?  i was looking to expensive phones that are ruler flat, the V modas has some similarity with the S500.. anyone care to explain more? what does those other graphs means? 

the mids are reccesed??  very reccesed?

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back