The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
May 11, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #22,623 of 28,989
May 11, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #22,624 of 28,989
I don't really have any experience with other amps in the V2 price range. vc's recommendation of the Bottlehead Crack + Speedball seems to be a popular mate for the 800's.

I absolutely love my Elise and believe it is hard to beat. But it's about double your price range.

You've probably done so in the Elise thread - but I can't seem to find it back, and the thread growing like a hundred pages a day doesn't help my case :p : How would you compare/describe Valhalla 2 vs Elise? Not only ability, but also tonality, character...? Thanks!

May 11, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #22,625 of 28,989
How's the internal padding? Enough to ship the headphone in the case without extra packing material pad around the case?

No, it is a semi-hard case. Enough to protect it in your backpack or carry-on to a plane. I missed the bit about you wanting a hard case. Some are using the Audeze or Pelican cases.
Here's my earlier post on the Jaben case with pics.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/650510/the-new-hd800-impressions-thread/1635#post_9329673

May 11, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #22,626 of 28,989
Hi guys! I'm looking for a 4Pin xlr female - 6,3mm std plug. I have the Sennheiser ch800 xlr cable but want the possibility for 6,3mm without switching cable. Du you guys have any suggestion where I can find one?

May 11, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #22,627 of 28,989
You've probably done so in the Elise thread - but I can't seem to find it back, and the thread growing like a hundred pages a day doesn't help my case
tongue.gif
: How would you compare/describe Valhalla 2 vs Elise? Not only ability, but also tonality, character...? Thanks!

I understand. It's pretty hard to keep up with that thread)) I did a detailed comparison at post # 8804 http://www.head-fi.org/t/782754/feliks-audio-elise-new-thread/8790#post_12438273. I don't have a lot of experience with high end headphones and amps. But in a past life I was an obsessive audiophile for over 35 years. At one point I had in excess of $80,000 invested in my vinyl based, two channel system. And I have heard some of the finest two-channel systems ever assembled. I used to have personal relationships with many of the then-giants of the industry. I just tell you this so you know where I'm coming from.

If there is any way you can buy the Elise I would highly recommend doing so. I believe it is a rare, end-game product. But it is almost a commitment to a way of life. The wait time between order/payment and delivery is probably now about 8 to 10 weeks. Once you get it you will be tempted to roll tubes. But I am convinced that you would have to spend thousands of dollars to rival it, and even then I'm not sure you would do more than just equal it.

Feel free to contact by PM either UntilThen or hpynos1 on that thread to discuss. They are both extremely knowledgeable and anxious to help. Elise wouldn't exist if it weren't for the pioneering work hypnos1 did with Feliks Audio while they were designing it.
UT and H1 are both friends of mine. Tell them I referred you to them )))

May 11, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #22,628 of 28,989
Hi guys! I'm looking for a 4Pin xlr female - 6,3mm std plug. I have the Sennheiser ch800 xlr cable but want the possibility for 6,3mm without switching cable. Du you guys have any suggestion where I can find one?
I got one from Dyson Audio on E-bay.If there's none on his e-bay listing message him and tell him you want the female 4 pin xlr 1/4 trs small footprint hp adapter.

May 12, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #22,629 of 28,989
  I understand. It's pretty hard to keep up with that thread)) I did a detailed comparison at post # 8804 http://www.head-fi.org/t/782754/feliks-audio-elise-new-thread/8790#post_12438273. I don't have a lot of experience with high end headphones and amps. But in a past life I was an obsessive audiophile for over 35 years. At one point I had in excess of $80,000 invested in my vinyl based, two channel system. And I have heard some of the finest two-channel systems ever assembled. I used to have personal relationships with many of the then-giants of the industry. I just tell you this so you know where I'm coming from.

If there is any way you can buy the Elise I would highly recommend doing so. I believe it is a rare, end-game product. But it is almost a commitment to a way of life. The wait time between order/payment and delivery is probably now about 8 to 10 weeks. Once you get it you will be tempted to roll tubes. But I am convinced that you would have to spend thousands of dollars to rival it, and even then I'm not sure you would do more than just equal it.

Feel free to contact by PM either UntilThen or hpynos1 on that thread to discuss. They are both extremely knowledgeable and anxious to help. Elise wouldn't exist if it weren't for the pioneering work hypnos1 did with Feliks Audio while they were designing it.
UT and H1 are both friends of mine. Tell them I referred you to them )))

How does the Elise compare to the BH Crack w/ speedball with TS5998 and CBS/Hytron 5814A tubes?

May 12, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #22,631 of 28,989
I got one from Dyson Audio on E-bay.If there's none on his e-bay listing message him and tell him you want the female 4 pin xlr 1/4 trs small footprint hp adapter.

Thanks! But 5 negative feedbacks the last month is not "good commercial" so i think i will skip Dyson Audio. The price was good though:)

May 12, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #22,632 of 28,989
Thanks! But 5 negative feedbacks the last month is not "good commercial" so i think i will skip Dyson Audio. The price was good though:)
I had no trouble with him and i live in the UK . you'll find it hard to get an adapter like this anywhere else,i looked for ages.If it's any help to you,the adapter is 1st class,so it might be worth taking a risk.:blush:

May 12, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #22,633 of 28,989
I had no trouble with him and i live in the UK . you'll find it hard to get an adapter like this anywhere else,i looked for ages.If it's any help to you,the adapter is 1st class,so it might be worth taking a risk.:blush:

Any cable maker will make one, like toxic-cables.co.uk or forzaaudioworks.com. Heck, if you don't believe in cables, you can buy some Neutrik connectors and cable for a tenner and go to a local soldering shack to finish it.

May 12, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #22,634 of 28,989
Any cable maker will make one, like toxic-cables.co.uk or forzaaudioworks.com. Heck, if you don't believe in cables, you can buy some Neutrik connectors and cable for a tenner and go to a local soldering shack to finish it.
The adapter i have is a one piece adapter,no cable,because their's no cable it don't change the sound of the cable you're using it with . anyway what ever you do,good luck to you:blush:

May 12, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #22,635 of 28,989
Moon Audio makes one that I use with all my balanced cables. $85.00??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back