The Qudelix-5K thread
Sep 11, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #31 of 4,760
usb bluetooth adapters are a thing
Would like to see a USB adapter that can transmit LDAC, APTx-HD, or UAT. But Have not seen any of those Higher Quality Bluetooth Codecs installed on a PC, or a Bluetooth Adapter. Only have seen "Plain Vanilla" APtx on a few.
That way one could transmit higher quality bluetooth music from their computer to a Bluetooth Receiver (Like the 5K ), or directly to headphones/earphones with LDAC or APTx-HD. To go wireless within the home/yard.
- So if the 5K, (or even a DAP) could also transmit Bluetooth via USB connection, that seems lik a great added feature to me.

Sep 11, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #32 of 4,760
Would like to see a USB adapter that can transmit LDAC, APTx-HD, or UAT. But Have not seen any of those Higher Quality Bluetooth Codecs installed on a PC, or a Bluetooth Adapter. Only have seen "Plain Vanilla" APtx on a few.
That way one could transmit higher quality bluetooth music from their computer to a Bluetooth Receiver (Like the 5K ), or directly to headphones/earphones with LDAC or APTx-HD. To go wireless within the home/yard.
- So if the 5K, (or even a DAP) could also transmit Bluetooth via USB connection, that seems lik a great added feature to me.

There is a BT driver, available for Linux (since Android is basically Linux), that can transmit LDAC. I installed it on an old Mint Linux laptop last Christmas. Haven't seen anything about it being ported to a Windows driver.

Sep 11, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #33 of 4,760
There is a BT driver, available for Linux (since Android is basically Linux), that can transmit LDAC. I installed it on an old Mint Linux laptop last Christmas. Haven't seen anything about it being ported to a Windows driver.
Maybe time to switch to Linux! Just need to learn how to do all the simple things I do now, on Linux software. That ought to keep me busy !

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #34 of 4,760
Maybe time to switch to Linux! Just need to learn how to do all the simple things I do now, on Linux software. That ought to keep me busy !

The hard part is getting used to all the software which just works, including things like the sound settings with the drop-down which gives the choice of SBC, aptX, aptX-HD and LDAC for the ES100 without having to install or configure anything*.

*[That is assuming you picked a suitable Linux distribution and desktop environment, but it's quite difficult to make a poor choice if you stick to the major ones.]

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #36 of 4,760
I've purchased the Avantree adapter which transmits in APTX HD however I haven't tried it out yet. Will give you my thoughts when I finally set it up

Sep 12, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #38 of 4,760
I've purchased the Avantree adapter which transmits in APTX HD however I haven't tried it out yet. Will give you my thoughts when I finally set it up

I've got the Avantree Oasis Plus, but ended up switching to a BlitzWolf BW-BR4 (BT V5.0, aptX HD) Transmitter, to get more range - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32893538587.html

EDIT: The device I'd like to have connected to my home A/V system (via TOSLINK), is a Transmitter - built like this Receiver - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000115140164.html

If your system can be connected with USB, then this device will work in the same way as the Shanling M0 (USB input, BT LDAC output), and is a bit cheaper - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32996995824.html

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #39 of 4,760
Wish they had designed it with balanced OPA1622 amplifiers, to provide the higher voltage output on the 2.5mm TRRS jack - rather than relying on the lower voltage, direct output from the AK4377 DAC chip.
Yeah, I agree; but I'm curious about the 4.4 volt output capability of the 3.5mm single ended out. I have been subbing out the 3.5mm cable on all my iems for 2.5 balanced, because I feel the extra power and separation makes a difference, and sounds much better out of my Fiio Q1MK2's balanced output. Yet, I am aware that many desktop amps don't offer balanced outs and are also very good, but they offer a higher voltage output. Thinking Monoprice Liquid Spark, JDS ATOM, more expensive gear like Vioelectric, Burson, etc. I wonder if a device like this, with the higher powered OP AMPS would be an improvement in single-ended form, and possibly bring the sound quality up to that of 2.5 balanced? It would be great if that was the case, since most iems ship with a standard 3.5mm unbalanced plug. In the past year, I have purchased 4 iems; and in every case I have subbed out the supplied 3.5 unbalanced cable, for an aftermarket 2.5 balanced cable. To my ears, doing so has made an improvement in each case. The only downside has been that, when others want to audition my iems on their own gear...majority don't have a balanced out on their phone or DAP/DAC/AMP. So, I'm like "Sorry, but my iems won't work on your setup, cause I only use 2.5 balanced". I really need to get myself a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter/short cable for these kinds of situations, but it would be nice and more convenient to just be able to use a stock 3.5 cable that came with the iem, and not sacrifice SQ, better bass, more power and better separation as a result. I wonder if that OP AMP and higher voltage out of single-ended would get me more of the way to the sound I get from balanced?

Sep 15, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #40 of 4,760
Wish they had designed it with balanced OPA1622 amplifiers, to provide the higher voltage output on the 2.5mm TRRS jack - rather than relying on the lower voltage, direct output from the AK4377 DAC chip.
Was hoping for same... but, oh-noes, bummer :frowning2:
Anyone has idea about current (mA) this unit is giving out?

Not related directly but OPA1692 sounds crazy good in my desk setup. Probably 1622 will sound great on SE output too :)
But then again... it`s all about implementation.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #41 of 4,760
I beg to differ with the balanced OPA1622.

To achieve that high an output (*double for what it is now), you not only need to use two OPA1622 to form the balanced circuit, you will need to do a much more complex and bigger voltage step-up circuit as well, which will eat into battery life and therefore have to use a much bigger battery - before you know it, you will have a device as big as a full sized DAC/amp. That will completely miss the point of having a portable high quality Bluetooth adapter in the first place.

Sep 15, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #42 of 4,760
I beg to differ with the balanced OPA1622.

To achieve that high an output (*double for what it is now), you not only need to use two OPA1622 to form the balanced circuit, you will need to do a much more complex and bigger voltage step-up circuit as well, which will eat into battery life and therefore have to use a much bigger battery - before you know it, you will have a device as big as a full sized DAC/amp. That will completely miss the point of having a portable high quality Bluetooth adapter in the first place.
Good point! Tho, personally still would wish more power out of its balanced output :)

Sep 15, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #43 of 4,760
Good point! Tho, personally still would wish more power out of its balanced output :)

What would you need that for?

I'm having a hard time seeing that someone would use a device like this to drive very power-hungry full size dynamic headphones or low sensitivity planars for serious listening. The trade off for doing this would most likely defeat the whole purpose with a product like this.

Fwiw the Radsone ES100 can drive the HD800S good enough for causal listening on moderate volume, the 5K should be able to do the same.

Sep 15, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #45 of 4,760

Users who are viewing this thread

Back