The Qudelix-5K thread
Sep 24, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #61 of 4,808
FYI, "First Engineering Sample". A little smaller than expected. Final version could be slightly different. Nice "use" of the clip to add the 2nd headphone jack.

71073559_128641015176962_8748819167584452608_o.jpg

I can’t tell from the photo if the clip is metal or plastic.

Sep 24, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #62 of 4,808
Sep 24, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #63 of 4,808
That is coated steel
Really???!!! Coated STEEL?! Are you sure it's not just coated aluminum? I mean, the strength factor has really got my testosterone going; but seriously...if this thing is supposed to be Bluetooth, then a solid steel clip affixed to the unit will make the bluetooth range and connectivity weak. Not sure if that's a good way to go. ES100 might be better.

Sep 24, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #64 of 4,808
Really???!!! Coated STEEL?! Are you sure it's not just coated aluminum? I mean, the strength factor has really got my testosterone going; but seriously...if this thing is supposed to be Bluetooth, then a solid steel clip affixed to the unit will make the bluetooth range and connectivity weak. Not sure if that's a good way to go. ES100 might be better.

Actually any full metal housing will cut down BT range. However, if it is just the clip than it won't be much of an issue.

Sep 25, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #67 of 4,808
Actually any full metal housing will cut down BT range. However, if it is just the clip than it won't be much of an issue.
I was just joking around. I thought it funny that he mentioned that the clip was "pure steel". That attribute might be awesome for a fullsize desktop or home amp, but it doesn't make sense for a more portable, Bluetooth setup to me. I guess some might not have gotten my joke....sigh! Oh well...let's carry on.

Sep 25, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #69 of 4,808
Dac amp sry, fiio i hear a lot complaint their ui
Not sure about their older ui but their music app on android is one of the best for me. It even gives your phone hwa support. If you just want a bluetooth dac/amp the 5k is definitely the best choice if you can wait. If you can't the fiio btr5/shanling up4 (they are pretty much the same prpduct) will likely be available next month. And if you really don't care about getting a 3 years old product you can get the es100.

Sep 25, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #70 of 4,808
Not sure about their older ui but their music app on android is one of the best for me. It even gives your phone hwa support. If you just want a bluetooth dac/amp the 5k is definitely the best choice if you can wait. If you can't the fiio btr5/shanling up4 (they are pretty much the same prpduct) will likely be available next month. And if you really don't care about getting a 3 years old product you can get the es100.
Noted, thanks for your advice

Oct 1, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #74 of 4,808
So... I think I read somewhere (maybe on their website) that it supports inline remote/mic. Is that true? If so, the 3.5mm is also TRRS?

That would be an awesome feature if people with longer cables (with inline mic) can just put the thing in their pocketses (or clip it on their belt or where ever it convenes). Especially nowadays where the phones are getting increasingly unpocketably large and the oh-so-fashionable omission of headphone jacks. So if putting it pockets are part of their design, how about a hold function for accidental pocket presses?

Oct 2, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #75 of 4,808
I think I read somewhere (maybe on their website) that it supports inline remote/mic. Is that true? If so, the 3.5mm is also TRRS?
Qudelix said on their Facebook page that it supports inline microphone and remote buttons. They are also adding a mute function. To be compatible with mic headsets, the 3.5mm must be TRRS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back