The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 28, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #4,651 of 4,701
Yes. I own a pair. Not worth the purchase. I did mod my pair, which made them listenable, but otherwise, mid bass is way too prominent, which makes the rest of the sound muffled and conjested. The soundstage is extremely small and it has a poor instrument separation. Better to stay away, unless you're looking for something to experiment with.

Damn, that's a pity because they seem good and comes with extra velourd pads... what about the HD 5500, have you try them?

Mar 28, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #4,652 of 4,701
Damn, that's a pity because they seem good and comes with extra velourd pads... what about the HD 5500, have you try them?

It's the exact same story with HD 5500. If you want to go with something other than the flagship PRO 82, than you should consider the HD 5800 or the TS-450. Both of those are better in every aspect than older, non flagship, Takstar models.

I ordered their most recent release - the HD 6500. It should arrive soon and I'll be able to give feedback on it.

Mar 30, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #4,653 of 4,701
It's the exact same story with HD 5500. If you want to go with something other than the flagship PRO 82, than you should consider the HD 5800 or the TS-450. Both of those are better in every aspect than older, non flagship, Takstar models.

I ordered their most recent release - the HD 6500. It should arrive soon and I'll be able to give feedback on it.

Do you think that they'll do a nice work with EDM?, I mostly listen to trance and house and I'm between the HD5500 and the Sony XB550 but the Takstar seems to have better build quality and bigger drivers (30mm vs 50mm).

Mar 31, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #4,654 of 4,701
Do you think that they'll do a nice work with EDM?, I mostly listen to trance and house and I'm between the HD5500 and the Sony XB550 but the Takstar seems to have better build quality and bigger drivers (30mm vs 50mm).

Can't tell, cause I don't listen to EDM. I wouldn't be hung too much over the driver size. In this case, size doesn't matter. Only implementation.

Mar 31, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #4,655 of 4,701
Can't tell, cause I don't listen to EDM. I wouldn't be hung too much over the driver size. In this case, size doesn't matter. Only implementation.

Well, driver size affect the headphone type (30mm=on-ear / 50mm=over-ear) so size matter in this case.

I've seen some comments in this thread about the HD5500 and some people say that they are V-shaped headphones but not totally unbalanced and you said that the bass affect the other sounds so is hard to take a decition...

Apr 1, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #4,656 of 4,701
Well, driver size affect the headphone type (30mm=on-ear / 50mm=over-ear) so size matter in this case.

I've seen some comments in this thread about the HD5500 and some people say that they are V-shaped headphones but not totally unbalanced and you said that the bass affect the other sounds so is hard to take a decition...

If you like the way they look than why won't you go for HD5800?

I find them much more balanced and pleasant to the ear.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #4,657 of 4,701
If you like the way they look than why won't you go for HD5800?

I find them much more balanced and pleasant to the ear.

I don't like how they look, I was just comparing them with the Sony (I like the Sony's but I don't like the small drivers/on-ear style)

The 5800 seems like the same hp but focused on treble so is more balanced but that's not what I want, I want some bassy headphones but without overwhelm A LOT the other frequencies.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #4,658 of 4,701
I don't like how they look, I was just comparing them with the Sony (I like the Sony's but I don't like the small drivers/on-ear style)

The 5800 seems like the same hp but focused on treble so is more balanced but that's not what I want, I want some bassy headphones but without overwhelm A LOT the other frequencies.

I would have recommended you to buy the HD6000, but they have this rubberized coating that turns into a sticky goo after some time.

Apr 4, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #4,659 of 4,701
If you're talking about the Takstar HD6000s, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Extremely uncomfortable, even after pad-swapping that helped somewhat; near-zero soundstage; lame cable & color scheme. I ended up giving them away for a few bucks at a yard-sale.

Apr 6, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #4,660 of 4,701
Does anybody know which Takstar model is used as a base for HyperX Cloud Alpha? Actually, it would be even more perfect if there is something similar but with slightly less bassy sound.

I loaned them from a friend and was pleasantly surprised. Aside from the stronger bass line then I would like, the sound-stage is specious and overall level of details is great. I compared them to my AKG K92 and even though I prefer frequency balance of K92, Cloud Alpha sounds wider, more organized and tonally rich so I prefer it's sound.

Here's my YT video about it if anyone is interested:

Apr 6, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #4,661 of 4,701
Does anybody know which Takstar model is used as a base for HyperX Cloud Alpha? Actually, it would be even more perfect if there is something similar but with slightly less bassy sound.

I loaned them from a friend and was pleasantly surprised. Aside from the stronger bass line then I would like, the sound-stage is specious and overall level of details is great. I compared them to my AKG K92 and even though I prefer frequency balance of K92, Cloud Alpha sounds wider, more organized and tonally rich so I prefer it's sound.

Here's my YT video about it if anyone is interested:

I think its more or less based on Pro 80 just like all Clouds.

Apr 6, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #4,662 of 4,701
It does not use the Pro80 driver anymore. And supposedly has some dual chamber design which Pro80/cloud does not have.

I've been curious about alphas as everyone seems to think they are an upgrade over clouds. If that is indeed how it is alphas are a great value headphones.

Apr 7, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #4,664 of 4,701
^^ You were disappointed with Cloud Alpha? Can I ask why? Just interested because I really liked them, I just wish they are not this bassy.

I'm interested in trying Pro 82 now, if they can provide similar qualities to Alpha but with a little bit less bass it would be perfect.

Apr 7, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #4,665 of 4,701

Users who are viewing this thread

Back