thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jan 19, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #21 of 4,190
I heard both the Onkyo DPX1 and thebit Opus#1 at a shop just now with the balanced output. The former has a darker background, more air and sounded sweeter, thebit is more immediate, to the face, better bass and texture, more forceful sounding and seem to have a strong driving power into the Shure 846. The impression is also the same using AKGK712 on the single end output. My take is if you are into rock and live pop thebit is the way to go, the DPX 1 is great for jazz with better layering of sound but less impact, your mileage may vary.

Jan 19, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #22 of 4,190
Found an overview video in Korean, which I don't speak. UI looks fairly basic but hey at least it has EQ, L/R Balance and doesn't appear to be laggy, which is more than can be said for certain other 500+ dollar DAPs
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 19, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #23 of 4,190
I contacted Opus and they said to me that there will be an firmware update at the end of February which will add the USB DAC feature.
Great news !

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #25 of 4,190
i went to check out the hk official release of dp-x1 and i saw this! comparing to my dp-x1, which can barely fit in my pocket, the size of this is so attractive to me. ak240 size with out all the sharp edges and pointy corners! sounds like one, too. a little bit thin, very resolving and with harder hitting base. not as smooth and black as the dp-x1, but the soundstage is wider in se. can't imagine how it does on the balance.

i may just sell the dp-x1 for the size of this. not using streaming and the opus custom android is one of the best in pure music dap. folder browsing, bros.

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #26 of 4,190
I heard both the Onkyo DPX1 and thebit Opus#1 at a shop just now with the balanced output. The former has a darker background, more air and sounded sweeter, thebit is more immediate, to the face, better bass and texture, more forceful sounding and seem to have a strong driving power into the Shure 846. The impression is also the same using AKGK712 on the single end output. My take is if you are into rock and live pop thebit is the way to go, the DPX 1 is great for jazz with better layering of sound but less impact, your mileage may vary.

can you share your soundstage impression? i was not using an iem good enough to evaluate soundstage.

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #28 of 4,190
  Does it support DSD ? It lists it as a format on their product page but says also 24/192 max. Does it downsample ?

Also what version of Android and can you install 3rd party ?

don't know if it is native DSD, but heard that the DSD playback does not sound that great.

the android is very customized. no wifi, no bluetooth, no apps, only one great simple music player.

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #30 of 4,190
They are both good, my take is that the DPX1 is wider but has less depth, they are very close and i could live with both. The presentation of the DPX1 is less meaty but more airy which may account for its apparent wider soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back