Tor Audio Headphone Amps.
Nov 16, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #151 of 209
T
i live in USA, ordered my tor roger oct 3rd and yesterday it hit the sorting center in my city. i expect delivery by friday at the latest. total time oct 3rd to nov 17th.
That's a long wait, hope it will be worth it to you :)
Mine should arrive during December 🤞

Nov 21, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #153 of 209
just unboxed and powered on. the orange glow creeps on a few seconds after. going to start with the 600ohm dt880s and i'll be back in a few hours with impressions!
So, what do you think so far? 👀
Mine should be shipped in about a week, I'm so excited 😆

Nov 23, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #154 of 209
I purchased the balanced headphone amp.... has anyone tried it?
I am hoping to receive it next week.

Nov 23, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #155 of 209
I purchased the balanced headphone amp.... has anyone tried it?
I am hoping to receive it next week.
I think it is very optimistic to hope for delivery next week in NYC. I ordered mine almost 2 weeks ago, and it hasn't shipped yet. They expect mine to ship mid of next week, and I estimate another week of shipping time, and that's inside EU.
I did consider the balanced one, but I'm starting out in the small, and if I like it, I can always upgrade :)

Nov 23, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #156 of 209
I think it is very optimistic to hope for delivery next week in NYC. I ordered mine almost 2 weeks ago, and it hasn't shipped yet. They expect mine to ship mid of next week, and I estimate another week of shipping time, and that's inside EU.
I did consider the balanced one, but I'm starting out in the small, and if I like it, I can always upgrade :)
Given that Tor Audio products are made and are shipped from Ukraine, delivery within 30 days is indeed a Herculean achievement.

Dec 3, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #157 of 209
So, what do you think so far? 👀
Mine should be shipped in about a week, I'm so excited 😆
oh this thing is brilliant.

first impression. bigger than i thought it would be. and the box is a monstrous thing with roughly 10kilos of packaging material to protect the amp. smelled slightly of the finished used on the wood.

absolutely beautiful amp, the wood used shows up just like it looks in pictures, connectors and tube sockets are all solid. power connector as well. you can tell this is handmade in the way that matters.

sound quality is easy to sum up - you can go right on ahead and judge the book by the cover on this one. all the fancy audiophile stuff you read when someone likes a product? imagine i said all that and gave it a glowing 10/10 review.

i like how raising the volume makes thing louder without distortion. to me that is the line between good and great amps. good amps do fine at low volume but when you want a little extra, they distort.

this one, when you turn the vol pot, it doesn't get super OMG LOUD!!! what does happen is everything you're listening to, fill outs. i've caught myself listening at higher volumes than i should. because louder here means better and it's my new practice to practice turning the volume down with this one.

Dec 3, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #158 of 209
Great to hear that you are happy with yours, thanks for sharing that 😊
I can't wait to get mine! I got the XDUOO TA-26 in the meantime, and I must say I kinda hope the Tor will do better. I'll see shortly, as mine was shipped 5 days ago, so I should receive it during next week 🤞

Dec 3, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #159 of 209
oh this thing is brilliant.

first impression. bigger than i thought it would be. and the box is a monstrous thing with roughly 10kilos of packaging material to protect the amp. smelled slightly of the finished used on the wood.

absolutely beautiful amp, the wood used shows up just like it looks in pictures, connectors and tube sockets are all solid. power connector as well. you can tell this is handmade in the way that matters.

sound quality is easy to sum up - you can go right on ahead and judge the book by the cover on this one. all the fancy audiophile stuff you read when someone likes a product? imagine i said all that and gave it a glowing 10/10 review.

i like how raising the volume makes thing louder without distortion. to me that is the line between good and great amps. good amps do fine at low volume but when you want a little extra, they distort.

this one, when you turn the vol pot, it doesn't get super OMG LOUD!!! what does happen is everything you're listening to, fill outs. i've caught myself listening at higher volumes than i should. because louder here means better and it's my new practice to practice turning the volume down with this one.
Great to hear you like the Roger!!!!
I hope the balanced one is just as good, the one I bought got to the US on Nov 18th but no news after that...
I have the Quicksilver amp to compare it with... it is going to be fun to have these 2 amps side by side to compare!

Dec 4, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #160 of 209
sundara and edition xs. first two sets of cans that sound ever so slightly not awesome on the roger. fostex t50rp 50th sounds amazing, but both the xs and sundara do that thing where you can tell you're not getting enough current/voltage and the bass is loose.

Dec 4, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #162 of 209
Dec 5, 2023 at 3:17 AM Post #164 of 209
sundara and edition xs. first two sets of cans that sound ever so slightly not awesome on the roger. fostex t50rp 50th sounds amazing, but both the xs and sundara do that thing where you can tell you're not getting enough current/voltage and the bass is loose.
Hmm, makes me a bit concerned as I do hope this will work decently with my HiFiMAN's. But I'll see one it gets here... Which should hopefully be soon 😳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back