TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Oct 13, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #6,721 of 24,683

Can anyone help me to understand which one to go for between Master 4 and 6? I just noticed that master 6 on KS and the price difference is £110 roughly. Does additional dual BA makes noticeable difference? I am not sure if this is already covered and if it did, it would be huge help if anyone can point me out which post it covers. :)

Other than the people at Trinity Audio, nobody has heard either the PM4 or the PM6 yet. All we have to go on at this point are the technical specs and some blind faith. A few reviewers have heard the Hunter and seemed impressed, and since the PM6 is supposed to have a similar sound then we can expect it to be pretty good. As for the PM4, it was designed and put into production without anyone hearing it so it is still a mystery. Going by Trinity's previous products however, it is likely to be a bargain no matter which one you go with.

Thank you for the info. I just placed an order for PM4. :)  Hope it is fun IEM since I have ER4SR and was looking for fun IEM that can compliment with ER4SR. 

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #6,722 of 24,683
I ordered an iPhone 7 last week, and I might just have to pick up the phantom air to go with it. I am also going to buy one of the cases with a built in 3.5mm jack but the DAC will probably be pretty lame so i'm not sure what will sound better (PM4 with lame DAC or wireless Phantom Air).

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #6,723 of 24,683
  I ordered an iPhone 7 last week, and I might just have to pick up the phantom air to go with it. I am also going to buy one of the cases with a built in 3.5mm jack but the DAC will probably be pretty lame so i'm not sure what will sound better (PM4 with lame DAC or wireless Phantom Air).

Undoubtedly the PM4, even with a lower performing DAC, is going to provide the better sound quality. The Air is basically a Vyrus.

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #6,726 of 24,683
The pm4 is getting the new filter system i believe.

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #6,728 of 24,683

darn

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #6,729 of 24,683
  The pm4 is getting the new filter system i believe.

Wishful thinking lol, but it happens to the best of us
tongue_smile.gif

If it's any consolation, (Trinity) Bob has already said that he is completely happy with the tuning of the PM4.
This was not initially the case with the Hunter/PM6, hence why they created and incorporated the new modified filters.

Again, based on comments by (Trinity) Bob, the PM4 is to have a more fun, slightly V-shaped sound signature (unlike the somewhat more flat and natural purported sound signature of the Hunter/PM6).
In this case, having a filter that depressed the upper mids on the PM4 might be wholly inappropriate and actually detrimental to the sound.

The end of the month is crawling ever closer. Rock and/or Roll
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #6,730 of 24,683

Wishful thinking lol, but it happens to the best of us
tongue_smile.gif

If it's any consolation, (Trinity) Bob has already said that he is completely happy with the tuning of the PM4.
This was not initially the case with the Hunter/PM6, hence why they created and incorporated the new modified filters.

Again, based on comments by (Trinity) Bob, the PM4 is to have a more fun, slightly V-shaped sound signature (unlike the somewhat more flat and natural purported sound signature of the Hunter/PM6).
In this case, having a filter that depressed the upper mids on the PM4 might be wholly inappropriate and actually detrimental to the sound.

The end of the month is crawling ever closer. Rock and/or Roll
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

lol  definitly wishful thinking was a part of the misinterpretation
tongue.gif

As long as it comes with delta-vII or a set of dampened filters I am fine.  The new ones just look so good and have so many options
rolleyes.gif

I am very much looking forward to the rock and/or rolling 
beerchug.gif

Oct 13, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #6,734 of 24,683

Got my lanyard...☺
Waiting for PM4

Wow. Looks like a nice quality lanyard.
But it sure looks to be pretty lengthy. Jake said each side had a length of 37cm/14.5 in.

Anyone able to you use it with an IEM? There was a user on KS that stated they were was a mild audio hiss with no music playing.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it audible at low music volumes?
Other BT headsets I tried e.g. Blu-200 has mild hiss that can be heard at low music volumes and in my opinion detracts from the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back