TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Oct 13, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #6,736 of 24,683
  Can anyone help me to understand which one to go for between Master 4 and 6? I just noticed that master 6 on KS and the price difference is £110 roughly. Does additional dual BA makes noticeable difference? I am not sure if this is already covered and if it did, it would be huge help if anyone can point me out which post it covers. :)

It's not only the additional BA drivers, the tuning on PM6 is different. PM4 is stated by BobTrinity as Delta on steroids. PM6 will have the same sound signature (more refined than PM4) as the top of the line Hunter.

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #6,737 of 24,683

Can anyone help me to understand which one to go for between Master 4 and 6? I just noticed that master 6 on KS and the price difference is £110 roughly. Does additional dual BA makes noticeable difference? I am not sure if this is already covered and if it did, it would be huge help if anyone can point me out which post it covers. :)

It's not only the additional BA drivers, the tuning on PM6 is different. PM4 is stated by BobTrinity as Delta on steroids. PM6 will have the same sound signature (more refined than PM4) as the top of the line Hunter.

Good to know. Thank you. I am not sure what Hunter sound signature is like. Does it mean that PM6 and Hunter are more reference type of sound such as UERM and PM4 is more v shape sound?

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #6,738 of 24,683
Hey Bob, it would be so kind of you to give me an estimate date as of when the Phantom Hunter would be sent out for shipping?

Dude, there is no set est. Best guessbis you'll get it sometime before Xmas after Thanksgiving

Oct 14, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #6,739 of 24,683
Dude, there is no set est. Best guessbis you'll get it sometime before Xmas after Thanksgiving

Standard Trinity approach: think of a cool idea, get lots of pre-orders. Think of ways to tweak the cool idea, get more pre-orders. Chuck some more stuff at it and ship. Patience is usually rewarded with some very cool gear.

I backed the Vyrus at around £31 after discount (think I was the first pre order). At that point, it was due in a month or two and had no filters. Four odd months later it shipped with detachable cables, multiple tuning filters (went from none, to 3 to the end load out of 7) and spin fit tips, all for the same price. Patience is normally very well rewarded here.

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #6,741 of 24,683
Hey guys, 1st official headfi comment. After scrolling through 200 pages I've decided to finally post a comment. Have pledged to get the pm6 via kickstarter. Gonna be my first IEM above 1 driver. Say goodbye to my wallet. :joy:

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #6,742 of 24,683
Hey guys, 1st official headfi comment. After scrolling through 200 pages I've decided to finally post a comment. Have pledged to get the pm6 via kickstarter. Gonna be my first IEM above 1 driver. Say goodbye to my wallet. :joy:

Welcome to head-fi! I'd say sorry about your wallet, but I think you knew what you were getting into. :D

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #6,744 of 24,683

That's what the current timeline suggests at least. Since Bob appears to be finished with all the tuning aspects for now, so they've gotta focus on getting it all produced and quality-checked.

Any impression on the lanyard sound yet guys, unless I have missed some writeups?

Surprisingly no. I've seen some people talk about the size and weight, overall mobility and ergonomic stuff, but nothing about sound yet. My guess is since people only started receiving them about a week ago (I think?), they're taking a little time to put some use into them before commenting on how they sound.

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #6,745 of 24,683
I think a lot of people are waiting for IEM's to use it with as well. None of my current IEM's are compatible with it since I bought it for the PM4....

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #6,746 of 24,683
I think a lot of people are waiting for IEM's to use it with as well. None of my current IEM's are compatible with it since I bought it for the PM4....

I think a few people are in the same boat at the moment, Peter. Mine actually turned up on the 4th, but as I was going on holiday the following day (still sat on a beach as I'm writing this) I didn't need to take the lanyard and my Vyrus or Sabre with me. Will be popping up some brief impressions once I get back home in about a week's time and have a few days to play with them off others haven't popped anything up on them by then.

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #6,749 of 24,683
Any impression on the lanyard sound yet guys, unless I have missed some writeups?
Quote:

Surprisingly no. I've seen some people talk about the size and weight, overall mobility and ergonomic stuff, but nothing about sound yet. My guess is since people only started receiving them about a week ago (I think?), they're taking a little time to put some use into them before commenting on how they sound.

OK, I'll not repeat the already-covered topics (save one: the stock length is surprisingly perfect for me). Verdict: I'm super happy with it.
  1. Lowest noise floor of any Bluetooth audio I've used so far (although I haven't used a great variety of these). I'm personally hearing none of the "hiss" that most units in this segment suffer from.
  2. It gets more than loud enough for me; I need to keep it below 75-85% on my phone to be at a comfortable listening level (about 5-10% more volume than when plugged in to the same phone).
  3. I find the sound from Trinity's on-chip dac/amp very neutral, less colored than the on-board iPhone one.
  4. Last thing, the BT signal is STRONG for me. At work I passed my phone through the x-ray machine while I walked through the metal detector the audio didn't drop. Didn't even realize what had happened until a minute later, totally seamless.

...I already ordered a 2-pin one for the rest of my Trinity toys. Hyped to try out the Phantom Air 
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #6,750 of 24,683
I think a few people are in the same boat at the moment, Peter. Mine actually turned up on the 4th, but as I was going on holiday the following day (still sat on a beach as I'm writing this) I didn't need to take the lanyard and my Vyrus or Sabre with me. Will be popping up some brief impressions once I get back home in about a week's time and have a few days to play with them off others haven't popped anything up on them by then.

I'm looking forward to hear your impressions, enjoy the beach :wink:

These are for the new Phantom range and Vyrus right? I can't remember if the Delta V2 used the same connector system or not...

I honestly can't remember either. At the time I ordered mine I just choosed PM4 from the drop down menu and don't remember what other options that was available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back