TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 11, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #9,646 of 24,683
So I just got an email from Trinity.
I just wanted to say that I am disappointed to learn that the Master 6 is delayed until the end of January / February.

Original shipping was supposed to be around September / October, so we are not talking about two months anymore, and whatever happened to the prototypes that people were supposed to get for a review?

Now before everyone jumps at me saying we want the product to be perfect, so do I, but maybe next time try and preview more time or give a more realistic timeline. Then again, no one knows what happens in production, but I would have preferred to get a bit more news.

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #9,647 of 24,683
I just wanted to say that I am disappointed to learn that the Master 6 is delayed until the end of January / February.

Original shipping was supposed to be around September / October, so we are not talking about two months anymore, and whatever happened to the prototypes that people were supposed to get for a review?

Now before everyone jumps at me saying we want the product to be perfect, so do I, but maybe next time try and preview more time or give a more realistic timeline. Then again, no one knows what happens in production, but I would have preferred to get a bit more news.

Which part of that email said February?

Would I be assuming correctly you bought via kickstarter?

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #9,648 of 24,683
So I've been using the braided cable for a bit and decided to give the fabric cable a try. Immediate noticeable bass increase and more intimate sound(I actually prefer the way the braided cable sounds). Have I been missing something in the audiophile world or is something wrong with the fabric cable? It doesn't sound bad as if there's to be something wrong, but rather more of a design.

Just tried the memory wire one and it also has the same SS as the other braided cable.

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #9,649 of 24,683
I've got a pair of Atlas Deltas (?) on preorder. I see that a US company has a sale on Phantom Spectres that's a great price.

Question: are the Spectres "better" or just different? I can't cancel the Atlases, but I guess I could end up with two - I got the BT lanyard for the Atlas, which won't work with the Spectre so I could end up with one for wired and the other for BT. OR I could save my money and not get the spectre. But if the spectre is much better, then I'd like to consider that.

Thanks.

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #9,652 of 24,683

The email says end of January, there is no mention of February at all, so stop making things up.
Bob has said during November that their driver shipment was delayed, this is completely outside of Trinity's control. He announced last week that production has started. Don't know how much more news you want.
We have to wait an extra month, but we're getting better cabling and better sound quality with the dual coil drivers. Sounds like a pretty amazing deal to me.

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #9,653 of 24,683
I've got a pair of Atlas Deltas (?) on preorder. I see that a US company has a sale on Phantom Spectres that's a great price.

Question: are the Spectres "better" or just different? I can't cancel the Atlases, but I guess I could end up with two - I got the BT lanyard for the Atlas, which won't work with the Spectre so I could end up with one for wired and the other for BT. OR I could save my money and not get the spectre. But if the spectre is much better, then I'd like to consider that.

Thanks.

Do you mean the Sabre?

No one has heard the Atlas Delta...it doesn't exist yet, so pretty tough to make a sound comparison.

Dec 12, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #9,657 of 24,683
Can anyone compare PM4 to Delta V-II please? Especially midrange. Thanks :)

From Indigo Bob

"The delta outperforms the pm4 in many areas.
1) Better sparkle. You can really feel this. There was some sparkle in the pm4, but it was mostly lost in the forward detail.
2) Better balance. The delta vII truly shines with the gold filters. It will actually reduce treble sensitivity and there was no song that couldn't be listened to or types of music you couldn't listen to.
3) The detail wasn't as heavy, but that proved to be a good thing. The detail was there, but more at the magnitude it was supposed to be at so it simply wasn't vivid, there was no sibilance, and it wasn't bright, but it did play those upper frequencies very well in a way they weren't lost.
4) You could relax with this music. It wasn't so energetic, but if an energetic song was played it was lively and not anemic.

If the pm4 didn't have the treble spikes, it would have had a great balance with the bass.

The delta is what really put Trinity audio on the map, so you'll see why. It was the one IEM I have tried from them that has lived up to the hype."

Dec 12, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #9,658 of 24,683
Only thing I would change about pm4 is bass. I want more! It already has real good bass, specially out of c5 with bass boost high gain. I want bass that will turn my ear canal to mush. The sz1000 massage my brain just nice

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #9,660 of 24,683
Guys, I have kombi tips in M/L looking to trade a pair of each size for one pair of S size so I can test. Anyone interested? Simple postage trade...

Heh, I've discovered there's some kind of physical assymetry between my ear canals.

I bought Medium Kombis. In the left ear, perfect.
In the right ear... just.. not...
I'm thinking I probably need a large size Kombi for that ear? But then I'm wondering if what I actually need is a small size but more deeply inserted (no puns please lol)?
But it's probably just a large size required. Ah, I don't know!
biggrin.gif

And at £12 a packet, that's an expensive trial :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back