TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Oct 4, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #6,572 of 24,683
Seeing the size of the BT Lanyard got me worried. How heavy is that middle part?

I thought I could go running with it. Seems I was wrong.

I agree, I've got another Bluetooth cable and the battery /mic section is way smaller than this one looks.

Time will show how the Lanyard is in practical usage I'd guess but I'm surprised it looks so big.

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #6,573 of 24,683
Just made it in time to become the 400th super early bird backer for the phantom air 
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #6,574 of 24,683
Seeing the size of the BT Lanyard got me worried. How heavy is that middle part?

I thought I could go running with it. Seems I was wrong.

I agree, I've got another Bluetooth cable and the battery /mic section is way smaller than this one looks.

Time will show how the Lanyard is in practical usage I'd guess but I'm surprised it looks so big.

Got mine yesterday and had a quick look before heading off on holiday - the control section is really light, with just enough weight to keep it down. My guess for running would be to wear it uber your tshirt (front or back) to keep it from bouncing - looks pretty good for gym use. Will be testing it out with the Vyrus ave my Android watch as my gym rig in a few weeks when I get back.

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #6,575 of 24,683

I'm sure it's ok to walk and doing normal Gym activities. But unless I can fix it to my neck/shirt, it looks like the battery section would make it uncomfortable for running.

Quote:
Got mine yesterday and had a quick look before heading off on holiday - the control section is really light, with just enough weight to keep it down. My guess for running would be to wear it uber your tshirt (front or back) to keep it from bouncing - looks pretty good for gym use. Will be testing it out with the Vyrus ave my Android watch as my gym rig in a few weeks when I get back.

Thanks Jackpot77! I'm looking forward to seeing how goo it is for gym use.

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #6,576 of 24,683
I just put my bt lanyard on the scales and with my Sabres attached it weighs 25gms ( 1 oz ).
Still if you can attach it to the collar of a t-shirt somehow it may be ok for jogging as it really is quite light weight!

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #6,577 of 24,683
Don't know about jogging but I used my lanyard this morning for the commute. I had it so that the battery part was on the back of my neck and barely noticed it, it also stayed where it was as I was hurrying between trains. All in all, positive first impressions.

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #6,578 of 24,683
  Don't know about jogging but I used my lanyard this morning for the commute. I had it so that the battery part was on the back of my neck and barely noticed it, it also stayed where it was as I was hurrying between trains. All in all, positive first impressions.

Nice! Which IEM were you using it with? Any audible difference compared to wired?

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #6,579 of 24,683
Used Vyrus connected to HTC 10 (which apparently has AptX). Sound was fine for my purposes, I haven't used these wired for a couple of weeks so I'd have to refresh my memory to compare the two ways.

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #6,580 of 24,683
  Actually a couple people have reported that they received theirs already so hopefully they'll chime in.

I stand corrected. Good to see people are getting theirs in now! And it seems that they're working pretty well for people too.

Just made it in time to become the 400th super early bird backer for the phantom air 
biggrin.gif

So YOU took my spot. Darn you! Lol, I joined the the early bird and it's only a few $ more anyway. Should still be a great deal.

EDIT: I also just noticed on the KS material the new o-rings on the filters. Are those completely new for the Phantom Master and Air series or did that already get implemented on the Sabre? I'm just curious.

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #6,581 of 24,683

So YOU took my spot. Darn you! Lol, I joined the the early bird and it's only a few $ more anyway. Should still be a great deal.

I'm dropping a KickStarter pro-tip here:

If a backer cancels their pledge or changes it to a different tier, their original spot frees up. Keep visiting/refreshing the KS page and you might get lucky for a super early bird spot (I very briefly saw 1/400 available yesterday) 
biggrin.gif

I've got no skin in this game, backer #14, just wanted to share 
cool.gif

Oct 5, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #6,582 of 24,683
I stand corrected. Good to see people are getting theirs in now! And it seems that they're working pretty well for people too.

EDIT: I also just noticed on the KS material the new o-rings on the filters. Are those completely new for the Phantom Master and Air series or did that already get implemented on the Sabre? I'm just curious.

Already implemented on the Sabre and Vyrus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back