TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Nov 16, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #7,816 of 24,683
@Bobtrinity 
With a bit of luck just in time for my brithday this friday (18th). Crossing my fingers and have some 
popcorn.gif
 until the delivery guy shows up.
Can't wait to hear the PM4 + silver cable.

Nov 16, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #7,819 of 24,683
Right.  Now those pesky PM4s are shipped and out of the way, can we get down to the important business of the PM6?

Is it nearly ready yet?  When's it shipping, eh?  Come on, when??

Seriously though, reading these initial impressions of the PM4 makes me equal parts jealous and excited.  I love to see how you've managed to get such a great set of first impressions, it seems to be everything it promised and that's an incredible achievement (there's 521 pages of hype here to live up to!). If you've managed to do that with the PM4 there must be some out of this world magic coming with the PM6 and Hunter.

I know you've had some delays with drivers and that's a pity, but hey, that's life (and manufacturing).  Supply chain can be a drag.  It's annoying that it's such a critical component, but it'll come right at some stage.  I'll sit quietly and pretend to be patient and not at all envious of those people who already have PM4s in their hands.

It's interesting to see people's different go-to tracks for testing, there are a few I have and plenty more I'm going to add to my library.  In terms of getting ridiculed for tastes I can sympathise, I once lent out my player and discovered an over-zealous sync had put my daughter's Disney soundtracks on there.  I've never quite lived that down.

Umm pretty sure they are still waiting on drivers so they haven't even hit production. I don't expect mine til 2017 now

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #7,820 of 24,683
  I hope Bob and team update their site regarding the PM4 filters and what they do. Or are they the same as the Vyrus filters?

PM4 =  these:​
 ​
DELTA/DELTA V-II FILTERS/VYRUS
  1. SILVER = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail
  2. GUNMETAL (Smooth) = Natural. Offering a more balanced sound signature across the frequencies.
  3. PURPLE  = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble.
  4. GOLD  = Perfect balance between gunmetal and purple filters
  5.  SILVER (Fun) = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail​
  6. SILVER (with damper) = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail with smoothed treble​
  7. PURPLE (With damper) = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble. (treble smoothed)​
  8. GOLD (With damper) = Perfect balance between gunmetal and purple filters (treble smoothed)​

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #7,821 of 24,683

• [*] SILVER = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail
    [*] [COLOR=444444]GUNMETAL (Smooth) = Natural. Offering a more balanced sound signature across the frequencies.[/COLOR]​
    [*] [COLOR=A64D79]PURPLE  = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble.[/COLOR]​
    [*] [COLOR=FFFF00]GOLD  = Perfect balance between gunmetal and purple filters[/COLOR]​
    [*] [COLOR=FFFF00] [/COLOR]SILVER (Fun) = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail​
    [*] SILVER (with damper) = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail with smoothed treble​
    [*] [COLOR=9900FF]PURPLE[/COLOR] (With damper) = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble. (treble smoothed)​
    [*] [COLOR=FFFF00]GOLD[/COLOR] (With damper) = Perfect balance between gunmetal and purple filters (treble smoothed)​

Thanks. Wonder what the PM6's match to? I think they will also match the Delta's.

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #7,823 of 24,683
Thanks. Wonder what the PM6's match to?

This is the question I have in mind as well. Noone except Bob has listened to the finished product yet, and he is not allowed to make comparisons according to forum guidelines.

Also I want to know what AMP/DAC they scale up to. What's the limit.

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #7,824 of 24,683
This is the question I have in mind as well. Noone except Bob has listened to the finished product yet, and he is not allowed to make comparisons according to forum guidelines.

Also I want to know what AMP/DAC they scale up to. What's the limit.

I'm pretty sure Bob said the Delta's will use the same filter descriptions as the PM6.

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #7,825 of 24,683
I'm pretty sure Bob said the Delta's will use the same filter descriptions as the PM6.

I meant which other existing IEMs their sound resemble. Sorry, I misunderstood your statement.

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #7,827 of 24,683

​
  1. SILVER = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail
  2. GUNMETAL (Smooth) = Natural. Offering a more balanced sound signature across the frequencies.
  3. PURPLE  = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble.
  4. GOLD  = Perfect balance between gunmetal and purple filters
  5.  SILVER (Fun) = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail​
  6. SILVER (with damper) = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail with smoothed treble​
  7. PURPLE (With damper) = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble. (treble smoothed)​
  8. GOLD (With damper) = Perfect balance between gunmetal and purple filters (treble smoothed)​

Thanks Bob. I will take a closer look at this once my PM4 arrive.

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #7,828 of 24,683
Nov 16, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #7,829 of 24,683
Congrats to Bob and his team! Based on the early impressions, it seems like the launch of pm4 is a total success!

I am very excited yet jealous to read about these impressions! Although I didn't order one, please keep them coming guys!

On the other hand, I ordered the pm6 (by the website) and air (from kickstarter). I wonder which one I will receive first?

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #7,830 of 24,683
  Congrats to Bob and his team! Based on the early impressions, it seems like the launch of pm4 is a total success!

I am very excited yet jealous to read about these impressions! Although I didn't order one, please keep them coming guys!

On the other hand, I ordered the pm6 (by the website) and air (from kickstarter). I wonder which one I will receive first?

Supposedly the PM6, which is slated to come this holiday season along with the Hunter if production stays on schedule, unlike the Air, which has an estimate of January at the earliest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back