Two new HifiMan players announced: HM700 and HM802
Sep 12, 2013 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 357

ClieOS

IEM Reviewer Extraordinaire
Fang posted this over at erji.net:

There will be 2 new additions to the HifiMan player line-up and they will be officially announced on Sept. 28th during the opening ceremony of the company's new experience store in China. Here are the picture on one of them:

004.jpg

003.jpg

post007.jpg

Are these the response to DX50 / X3?

Update 9/24/13

The official name is HiFiMan 700. Judging from the name, this is very likely to replace the 6xx series.

hfm-01.jpg

hfm-02.jpg

hfm-03.jpg

hfm-04.jpg

hfm-05.jpg

More info: there are 5 hidden buttons on the lower panel (touch panel?). The 3.5mm stereo jack has TRRS balanced output, but compatible to normal TRS single end. (support to single end TRS not confirmed yet).

Update 9/26/13

The 2nd player is HM-802. For those who keep track on DAP news, we had seen this name being rumored to be HM-901's name. Now it is actually adapted as the new player name. No picture or any detail yet

Sep 13, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #5 of 357
  I see only one player and an iPhone.  What does the second player look like?

Only pictures of one player was posted this time.

Interesting.
The used 801 and 601/602 series are getting more and more cheaper here in Japan.

The last reversion of the 60x series was released a couple of months ago, actually. I would guess one of the new player could likely be the replacement series.

No wonder they weren't getting those HM-901 bugs fixed after spending a relatively long time for international launch, LOL

IMHO the icing on the cake should be their electrostatic headphone product line to be announced later this year. Fang was already hinting that one here and there.

There will always be bugs, I guess. But my HM901 is working quite well on the latest 1.081 released a few weeks ago.

Sep 13, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #6 of 357
Interesting, but the design looks a bit odd...
It doesn't matter if it sounds good though 
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #7 of 357
  The last reversion of the 60x series was released a couple of months ago, actually. I would guess one of the new player could likely be the replacement series.

Are you referring to the HM-601LE?  As I understand it's the same except for the amplification section of the HM-602 that's been swapped in the HM-601LE.  I'm curious why Head-direct never carried the HM-603 variants.  I liked that it has 10-13 battery life according to the published specs,  but in my experience battery life with the HifiMan daps were usually  2 hrs short of specs.

Sep 13, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #8 of 357

Are you referring to the HM-601LE?  As I understand it's the same except for the amplification section of the HM-602 that's been swapped in the HM-601LE.  I'm curious why Head-direct never carried the HM-603 variants.  I liked that it has 10-13 battery life according to the published specs,  but in my experience battery life with the HifiMan daps were usually  2 hrs short of specs.

Yes, the LE will be the last of the 60x series. That what HifiMan announced during its release.

Sep 24, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #14 of 357
Looks interesting, however my first thoughts were "I do not need yet another DAP" my wallet tells me this is true. 

Sep 24, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #15 of 357
  Looks like iRiver Spinn clone, witch was released in 2008.
Nothing new here, I will pass:
http://crave.cnet.co.uk/digitalmusic/iriver-spinn-juicy-new-details-and-launch-info-49297149/

They don't look alike to me.

Anyway, more update: some early report said the TRRS balanced out will have built-in TRS comparability, but now some early impression points out it might not ( will require an adapter in that case). Well, not sure which is real at this point. The same impression also points out it is on the same level of SQ as the current HM6xx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back