V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 8, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #11,341 of 23,366
Quote:
They are bigger. The M-80's barely make it to my ears at full extension, where the M-100's take roughly 3 clicks to rest where they need to be.

okay, thx, thats 3 clicks out of how many clicks available in total ?

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #11,343 of 23,366
Quote:
I cant remember, to be honest; but it was about half-way from full extension, if I'm not mistaken..

okay, thx
can anybody check how many "click" are there on the M-100 ?
thank you so much.

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #11,344 of 23,366
Quote:
They are bigger. The M-80's barely make it to my ears at full extension, where the M-100's take roughly 3 clicks to rest where they need to be.

Actually, the headbands appear to be identical.  Because the cups are much smaller on the M-80, they have to be extended further to reach the ears.  The above is a picture of an M-80 sitting directly on top of an M-100.  

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #11,345 of 23,366
Quote:
okay, thx
can anybody check how many "click" are there on the M-100 ?
thank you so much.

There appear to be 11 clicks on the M-100 and 10 clicks on the M-80.  Each has an additional 1/2 click beyond the intended clicks.  

Also worth mentioning after my previous post.  The headbands are identical with the exception of the band being slightly wider on the M-100.  This is probably just to maintain the proportions of the design, as the M-100 would look somewhat strange with a skinny little headband.  
wink_face.gif

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #11,346 of 23,366
Quote:

Actually, the headbands appear to be identical.  Because the cups are much smaller on the M-80, they have to be extended further to reach the ears.  The above is a picture of an M-80 sitting directly on top of an M-100.  

you're probably right; I just remember whenever my hair is extra poofy, the M-80's struggle to stay clamped to my ears, where the LP and M-100's needed only a few clicks to seat comfortably. Weight and clamping force perhaps influences my particular fit..

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #11,347 of 23,366
okay so the m-80 can fit my ears properly on it's longest setting
thats mean the m-100 can easilly fit my head right ?
i can't go to any shop to try as there are not available yet in my country
is there any reccomended online store to buy ?
thx

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #11,349 of 23,366
At the moment I am stealing the Apple Stores wi-fi :p
A good reason for that though, they have the Sennheiser Momentums in there..
Well I plugged into my own source and started listening to some material. I listened to some acoustic, trance, classical and more electronic stuff like Phaeleh, etc.

Interesting... straight away, vocals in the midrange was a lot more in your face and slightly clearer. What they did lack though, especially when listening to the Mahler track I have, they lack detail in the upper ranges...
Also... not as much bass detail either... only ever so slightly.
One other big aspect I noticed was the soundstage in width on the M-100s are ALOT better. The sound goes much more left to right with better placement.
If anything, that makes the M-100s stand out the most.

So... apart from the midrange clarity, the M-100s have them beat.
They also had the Amperors in there... but I'm meant to br clothes shopping, and the girl I'm with is getting a bit stressy :p

Interesting though. Oh and the Momentums weren't as tight on my head and were more comfortable. The M-100s also go louder on my S3. I had to pretty much have the volume on full to get the same volumr as 3/4 on the M-100.

Anyway, that is my assumptons for now. Must dash!

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #11,350 of 23,366
Quote:
Sure enough each to their own but I'm interested to know if you feel the M-100's sound awful what HP to your ears sound good?
In the price range I currently have 3 HPs. Mad Dogs, M-100, and DT770. All sound exceptional as stand alone HPs but when listening and compairing side by side I'd say the MD's beat out the M100s which in turn sound better then the DT770s. In regards to portability however the M-100 is a clear winner over the other two.

I'm finding it very difficult indeed to take off the DT 770 Pro AE 88's. I also have a pair of AKG K550's that I listen to on the rare occasions when I actually take the 88's off. The AKG's were originally bought as a gift for someone else, who didn't like them, and I couldn't be bothered doing the 80 mile round trip to return them!

But at the moment, for me, the 88's are where it's at 
beyersmile.png

I listen to all kinds of music, but very little electronic stuff, and the M-100's bloated, overcooked bass just lessens my enjoyment of most of it sadly.

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #11,351 of 23,366
[size=10pt]ah well we may need to leave it as a case of "each to their own". for me i prefer the sound signiture of the m-100s to my DT 700s (i have the 32 ohms edition too) and to my ears the bass of the DT 700s is boomier then the m-100s. [/size]

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #11,352 of 23,366
Hello everyone! I was wondering with the m-100 can a amp bring the mids out a little more? I have the Fiio E6 and it does a little and i'm considering a E11 if it'll bring out the mids a little more. If an amp can do that I think these'll be perfect. Also does the paper towl mod help to bring out the mids and highs? Really wanting to compare it with the M-80, MDR-1, and Momentum though, we'll hopefully be seeing comparisons soon. 

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #11,353 of 23,366
Quote:
Hello everyone! I was wondering with the m-100 can a amp bring the mids out a little more? I have the Fiio E6 and it does a little and i'm considering a E11 if it'll bring out the mids a little more. If an amp can do that I think these'll be perfect. Also does the paper towl mod help to bring out the mids and highs? Really wanting to compare it with the M-80, MDR-1, and Momentum though, we'll hopefully be seeing comparisons soon. 

The E11 doesn't do much for the mids specifically.  Verza may do more for the mids.

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #11,354 of 23,366
As much as i'd love to get the verza my budget doesn't extend quite that far. Hmmm well I may have alot of thinking to do then. Thanks for the reply! Has anyone here made any comparisons between the M-100 and M-80??

Jan 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #11,355 of 23,366
I guess being an amp, it wouldn't be hard for the Verza to do some "correcting" to the sound, adding the mids missing without damaging anything else.
It'd be interesting to see what it does.
I hope you all liked my little write up on the Momentums. I will have to take my M-100s with me and do a direct comparison next time, but what I heard was pretty apparant without doing so.
The mids sure are more there though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back