V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #12,481 of 23,366
If you're worried, you could always attach the extension to the mic end instead, any possible minor SQ loss will probably not matter for chat.

Amp -Y---extension---mic port
|
|
Boom mic
|
Headphone

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #12,482 of 23,366
Val:

Excellent job on the boom mic design.  Looks to be durable and easy-to-wear.    I was part of the VTF-100 preorder but didn't opt for the boom mic because of the wait (got a very nice subsitute pack-in so I'm happy).  Now I might have to order this when it comes in...

And on your statements on quality control:  I ended up getting two different pairs of your M80 (V80 and white M80) partially to check the level of consistency in this design.  They sound virtually identical to me -- any differences are mostly due to the pads (the V80s have softer pads because I've worn them more).  

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #12,483 of 23,366
I just got my order of replacement cable and I'm pretty disappointed in the length of the cable.  The v-moda site didn't say anything about the length.  I liked the length of the orange cable that I had which broke.  sucks.

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #12,484 of 23,366
Quote:
I just got my order of replacement cable and I'm pretty disappointed in the length of the cable.  The v-moda site didn't say anything about the length.  I liked the length of the orange cable that I had which broke.  sucks.

I mentioned this way back some time ago that they should put the cable length on their product descriptions. The SharePlay cable is longer than the SpeakEasy by about 2 feet and the Audio Only cable is reported to be shorter than the SharePlay cable by about 0.5 feet, if I remember correctly. Boom Pro (VTF version) is the same length as the SharePlay.

Boom Pro (VTF version) = SharePlay ≅ 6.5 ft
SpeakEasy ≅ 4.5 ft
4.5 ft < Audio Only < 6.5 ft

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #12,485 of 23,366
so i see all my favorite artists wearing these things, avicii, nervo etc. I love EDM music and have been thinking about getting a v moda offering like the m100 but do they provide a good sound stage for gaming too?  I have a titanium hd and a portable fiio amp when i'm not home.

I really love edm music but I really would like something thats still good for gaming, and still has a good sound for almost every genre not just edm.

I listen to all the big edm artists, avicii, nicky romero, alesso, laidback luke, zedd, nervo, nero etc but i also have a lot of old school hip hop

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #12,486 of 23,366
Quote:
so i see all my favorite artists wearing these things, avicii, nervo etc. I love EDM music and have been thinking about getting a v moda offering like the m100 but do they provide a good sound stage for gaming too?  I have a titanium hd and a portable fiio amp when i'm not home.

I really love edm music but I really would like something thats still good for gaming, and still has a good sound for almost every genre not just edm.

I listen to all the big edm artists, avicii, nicky romero, alesso, laidback luke, zedd, nervo, nero etc but i also have a lot of old school hip hop

Everything from LL Cool J to David Guetta sounds great on the M-100.

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #12,488 of 23,366
Quote:

The M-100s work well with LOTS of genres, they are not specific.

However, the Nervo girls are my roommates and also wrote some of Guetta's songs, so both them and Avicii's songs are all made with Crossfades (and he's a very good friend of mine since he was unknown).  So, I think it is best to go with the headphone that made the track!!!  I heard the team of Guetta uses custom Crossfades too (but he's endorsed by ____). 

Nero uses them lots too. Not sure what Nick and Alesso use, haven't met them yet!

I miss my roomies, they are in Australia (yes I'm wearing Mim's jacket):<<<.  Nervo is why I developed the shareplay on BOTH the headphones and the splitter since they are twin producers/DJs/songwriters.  PS they use Logic and Avicii uses Fruity Loops to produce mainly.  I use ableton.

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #12,489 of 23,366
I know the m100 is probably from what I heard the best headphones under $300 for people who has a bass heavy preference. Anyway Can't wait till the new products and the m100's when I get them. I was wondering Val when will the white will be instock, the website said 4 weeks but how close are they. I am now starting to like the white pearl with black shields. Or should I just keep the matte black with gold shield. The thing of V-moda that I love is that is so customizable vs everyone having the same headphones around their neck, you know the force that david guetta is possessed and somewhat endorsed by.....

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #12,490 of 23,366
Awesome, a reply from the man in charge!! Now to decide if I want the lp2 or m100... I have the money for either

I'm not that concerned with portablity, I really just want something somewhat well rounded and good sound stage..  so paying the extra $$ might not be worth it?

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #12,491 of 23,366
I believe the m100 are worth it, you will be getting a more refined sound and overall be better in the long run. What I have heard, they have better soundstage than the lp2. But either way you would be making a good purchase. 

Feb 23, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #12,492 of 23,366
Quote:
Awesome, a reply from the man in charge!! Now to decide if I want the lp2 or m100... I have the money for either

I'm not that concerned with portablity, I really just want something somewhat well rounded and good sound stage..  so paying the extra $$ might not be worth it?

How loud do you listen to your music?  I'd say M-100 but if you like to listen REAL loud or for mainly DJ use, I'd also consider LP2.  If I am not critically listening, sometimes I use an LP2 for deep, dirty techno mixes as it sounds like I am in the club a bit more.  But you can EQ M-100 to do the same, so therefore if you only got one I'd say M-100 is more versatile.  Nervo still loves LP2 and LP for DJing live, but M-100 for production.  Sometimes when you get used to something it is hard to switch!

SAMSUNG 
For those of you w a Samsung Galaxy SIII + M-100, you are in for a REAL surprise in a few days.  I can't get over how f*)!king amazing the sound is w/M-100, SIII, Metallo, Vamp Verza, AIFF and PowerAmp.  I am in music heaven, the soundstage, clarity and treble extension is like nothing I have ever heard in my life. 

I'll be in NYC all this week to show the media and we launch it publicly either next Thursday or Tuesday after.   This technology trifecta is definitely the best money you can spend in audio, especially compared to how much I used to spend in home and car gear.  Headphones/mobile gadgets are officially the new car/home hi-fi!

Feb 23, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #12,495 of 23,366
Quote:

How loud do you listen to your music?  I'd say M-100 but if you like to listen REAL loud or for mainly DJ use, I'd also consider LP2.  If I am not critically listening, sometimes I use an LP2 for deep, dirty techno mixes as it sounds like I am in the club a bit more.  But you can EQ M-100 to do the same, so therefore if you only got one I'd say M-100 is more versatile.  Nervo still loves LP2 and LP for DJing live, but M-100 for production.  Sometimes when you get used to something it is hard to switch!

SAMSUNG 
For those of you w a Samsung Galaxy SIII + M-100, you are in for a REAL surprise in a few days.  I can't get over how f*)!king amazing the sound is w/M-100, SIII, Metallo, Vamp Verza, AIFF and PowerAmp.  I am in music heaven, the soundstage, clarity and treble extension is like nothing I have ever heard in my life. 

I'll be in NYC all this week to show the media and we launch it publicly either next Thursday or Tuesday after.   This technology trifecta is definitely the best money you can spend in audio, especially compared to how much I used to spend in home and car gear.  Headphones/mobile gadgets are officially the new car/home hi-fi!

I don't listen that loud usually, i just wish the white silver was available to order now. 4 weeks so long :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back